[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson ejected

montster

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know how the NFL can legitimately suspend any player for on the field activities now.

If ripping off somebody's helmet and punching them in the head repeatedly doesn't warrant it, what does?

Ripping a guy's helmet off for no apparent reason and then punching him in the head? Sneaking up behind a guy after a play and beating him with a bag of nickels (or stabbing him with a piece of jagged glass)? Pantsing a guy without provocation? Urinating on another player in full view of the spectators (doing it secretly while on the bottom of a pile of players is ok though)?

That's just a few that I can think of that would merit suspension.

Edited by Balzac

Albert Haynesworth was suspended 5 games by the NFL for stomping on the head of the center for the dallas Cowboys after ripping his helmet off. :tup:

Whaling on a guy repeatedly after ripping his helmet off should probably be a one game suspension at least . . :wacko:

And I agree that the referees should have done a better job at throwing flags earlier when Finnegan was doing the hands to the face to try and ward off such an incident in the first place.

Albert Haynesworth was suspended 5 games by the NFL for stomping on the head of the center for the dallas Cowboys after ripping his helmet off. :tup:

Whaling on a guy repeatedly after ripping his helmet off should probably be a one game suspension at least . . :wacko:

And I agree that the referees should have done a better job at throwing flags earlier when Finnegan was doing the hands to the face to try and ward off such an incident in the first place.

Exactly, where's their culpability in all this? If everyone is right and AJ was justified in what he did, the other dude should have been heavily penalized and/or ejected before it got to this. How is it that they let it get this far? I saw the highlights, this was not the only play that ended up with them in a tangle.

The refs need to nip this crap in the bud earlier.

You do that in the street in front of a cop, you get arrested REGARDLESS of who started it. You do that in the NFL you get a slap on the wrist. It's crazy!

I gotta question this cause I'm not buying it. If a cop witnessed this; three punches and fight over with no injuries, you are saying people are getting arrested? Doubt it, maybe a citation to the instigator, maybe a few hours in a drunk tank but arrested? Not saying in some cases it wouldn't lead to arrest but in most, no. Quit watching TMZ it's teaching you to grandize everything.

What would you do if an employee slapped you in the face, knocked off your poofy toque & called your mother a whore... over & over again, but you were told you can't do anything about it without having to pay a huge fine and the guy doing it had no repercussion?

He wouldn't dare pull anything like that on Johnny.

Exactly, where's their culpability in all this? If everyone is right and AJ was justified in what he did, the other dude should have been heavily penalized and/or ejected before it got to this. How is it that they let it get this far? I saw the highlights, this was not the only play that ended up with them in a tangle.

The refs need to nip this crap in the bud earlier.

They have no culpability. There is no yellow card system such as there is in soccer or sin bin as in hockey. This argument is the same as blaming the police for crime.

I am sure this has NOTHING to do with the Texans playing on the NFL Network Thursday night. I think Rodger Goodell either wants revenue from this game or has AJ on his fantasy team.

This.

As we sit and try and make sense of why neither player got suspended, this definitely continues to come to mind.

This.

As we sit and try and make sense of why neither player got suspended, this definitely continues to come to mind.

Wilbon publicly accused the league of this exact thing on PTI today.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Countdown tonight, it was obvious that it took a lot to finally push Andre over the edge. He even told the ref that Finnegan was playing dirty. Watching his head snap back as Finnegan delivered that last shot to the face was brutal.

Watching Countdown tonight, it was obvious that it took a lot to finally push Andre over the edge. He even told the ref that Finnegan was playing dirty. Watching his head snap back as Finnegan delivered that last shot to the face was brutal.

It's funny, I was watching the same thing and wondering why everyone was singling out Finnegan in terms of who was escalating things.

It's funny, I was watching the same thing and wondering why everyone was singling out Finnegan in terms of who was escalating things.

And what did Johnson do to escalate things exactly? :wacko: