[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson ejected

montster

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is true but it is still :wacko: to take the position i stated ,,, would you disagree with that ?

I don't really understand it. Perhaps it's your usage of the word "take" - if you mean "take against her will", then I agree. Take can also mean just taking what you're given, so maybe that's what threw me.

My confusion ruined the desired effect of your response - many apologies.

I don't really understand it. Perhaps it's your usage of the word "take" - if you mean "take against her will", then I agree. Take can also mean just taking what you're given, so maybe that's what threw me.

My confusion ruined the desired effect of your response - many apologies.

Ok kisses & hugs :wacko::tup:

Well that's a BOLD FACED LIE.

I guess I missed the parts where Roeth (i) hit Seymour first and (ii) didn't drop to the ground like a rag doll after getting stiff-armed by big Rich. Man, did he drop him good - was very entertaining.

It WAS two black people and to me looked like a brawl you would see in a ghetto - sorry for offering up MY opinion.

I saw AJ go right for the helmet in a obvious attempt to rip it off and then throw some serious punches to the guys head - one of those punches when the guy was pretty defenseless.

Now I am in no way saying that Finnegan had nothing to do with this - I am saying that I think AJ was very wrong with what he did - you see a lot of pushing and shoving and getting back in dudes faces but you hardly ever see what AJ did to that extreme.

Maybe AJ is a great guy but he should then be a great guy with a game suspension.

Finnegan may be an ahole but he should be an ahole with a game suspension.

Let me also add that if it would have been two white dudes I would have said something about it looking like two people at a trailer park block party but that could not be considered racial so it is not as convenient.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion. MY point is, why does "ghetto" have to be involved? Or "trailer park" for that matter? I'm not claiming to be holier than thou by any means either. Why isn't this as simple as two guys getting into a fight? What does either ghetto or trailer park have to do with what happened? Sure it's an opinion, YOUR opinion. Only after I called you out on the race card do you come back and 'splain things as you have.

As for Finnegan not throwing a punch and being "defenseless", I would imagine it's kind of hard to punch when you're back-peddling and getting your arse kicked as you turtle to the ground. Him being "defenseless" is a direct result of being nothing more than a coward. Plain and simple. Finnegan is the little yappy punk who goes to a bar and starts the fight, expecting his buddies to have his back as he runs out the back door and calls the cops.

And you are correct (IMHO) in stating what AJ did was "very wrong". In no way am I defending fighting or what Johnson did. He admitted what he did was wrong (and have we heard from Finnegan and get an apology yet?). I agree with the sentiment that "I'm a lover, not a fighter", or "why can't we all just get along". However, sometimes.... sometimes.... sending a message like AJ did needs to be done. There were times when I was a kid when my Dad would kick the crap out of me (figuratively) to send the message to me that what I did was in no way acceptable. Wanna play with matches at the bus stop in the 4th grade? I can still feel the welts on my arse from his belt... but you know what... that was THE last time I played with matches... LOL.

At any rate... guess we just see the world through a different perspective.

One question I have yet to see asked or answered: why did the refs not see this escalating throughout the game and work to defuse this before it got to this point? Not saying this is the ref's fault by any stretch, however I cannot believe they did not see this building throughout the game.

Just my :wacko:

It WAS two black people and to me looked like a brawl you would see in a ghetto - sorry for offering up MY opinion.

I saw AJ go right for the helmet in a obvious attempt to rip it off and then throw some serious punches to the guys head - one of those punches when the guy was pretty defenseless.

Now I am in no way saying that Finnegan had nothing to do with this - I am saying that I think AJ was very wrong with what he did - you see a lot of pushing and shoving and getting back in dudes faces but you hardly ever see what AJ did to that extreme.

Maybe AJ is a great guy but he should then be a great guy with a game suspension.

Finnegan may be an ahole but he should be an ahole with a game suspension.

Let me also add that if it would have been two white dudes I would have said something about it looking like two people at a trailer park block party but that could not be considered racial so it is not as convenient.

Fist off if it was a fight in the ghetto or trailer park or parking lot or rec center or park, there wouldn't be fists flying, there would be gun play. Nobody settles things with their fists anymore. Too easy to be a p*ssy and pull out a gun rather then settle things like a man.

Secondly AJ pulled off Finnegan's helmet after the DB continuously went to AJ's face mask on the bump and run. CC was on Mike and Mike this morning and said it one of those unwritten rules of the game. Check into the chest, arms, gut whatever you want. Just leave the face, neck, throat area alone. It's like lineman who get chopped blocked. They freak out! AJ reportedly warned Finnegan to stop his sh*t after he kept checking him into his face. Finnegan knew his team were already losing the game so why not have your own little battle with AJ. Finnegan provoked, AJ reacted. I'm just happy he did remove the dirt bags' helmet so he didn't risk injuring his hands.

Thirdly, if you saw AJ's interview after the game you saw that he was truly embarrassed at what happened on the field. He lost his cool plain and simple. AJ is a shy quiet guy who goes about his business during the game. It was out of character for him and you could tell he felt bad for how it looked. He's been a great guy and a hard worker since his days at Miami Senior. It's too bad that POS Finnegan dragged him down to his level. Having said all that, I do believe he should be suspended. There is no place for that in football and I would have to believe that AJ would agree.

Fist off if it was a fight in the ghetto or trailer park or parking lot or rec center or park, there wouldn't be fists flying, there would be gun play. Nobody settles things with their fists anymore. Too easy to be a p*ssy and pull out a gun rather then settle things like a man.

Secondly AJ pulled off Finnegan's helmet after the DB continuously went to AJ's face mask on the bump and run. CC was on Mike and Mike this morning and said it one of those unwritten rules of the game. Check into the chest, arms, gut whatever you want. Just leave the face, neck, throat area alone. It's like lineman who get chopped blocked. They freak out! AJ reportedly warned Finnegan to stop his sh*t after he kept checking him into his face. Finnegan knew his team were already losing the game so why not have your own little battle with AJ. Finnegan provoked, AJ reacted. I'm just happy he did remove the dirt bags' helmet so he didn't risk injuring his hands.

Thirdly, if you saw AJ's interview after the game you saw that he was truly embarrassed at what happened on the field. He lost his cool plain and simple. AJ is a shy quiet guy who goes about his business during the game. It was out of character for him and you could tell he felt bad for how it looked. He's been a great guy and a hard worker since his days at Miami Senior. It's too bad that POS Finnegan dragged him down to his level. Having said all that, I do believe he should be suspended. There is no place for that in football and I would have to believe that AJ would agree.

Well said. You said it all. Maybe and probably AJ is a great guy but for people to praise him and not admit that what he actually did was wrong is just plain stupid in my opinion.

He got provoked and he went over the edge. He is probably a great guy and means his apology but again I think he should be suspended. So should Finnegan.

Well said. You said it all. Maybe and probably AJ is a great guy but for people to praise him and not admit that what he actually did was wrong is just plain stupid in my opinion.

He got provoked and he went over the edge. He is probably a great guy and means his apology but again I think he should be suspended. So should Finnegan.

Johnson is a standup guy. I think he did get "caught up" in the heat of the moment. He was wrong plain and simple.

I agree on the fact they should be suspended. How can neither one be suspended for even one game? Didn't Seymor (Guy who punched Raplesberger) get suspended? IMHO he should have as well.

Yup. Finnegan got the better of him and I'm sure that's what AJ is focusing on. "Why did I let that jerk provoke me and set me off?" You're not gonna see him in interviews saying "he got what he deserved etc. etc...." Like I said, he's a very very shy guy who just wants his ability to do all his talking and that's what happens in 99.9% of the time. But he's human and sometimes you can only take so much before you blow.

I think the people that are praising him per say, are just doing so because of Finnegans's past and his reputation. I heard somewhere that he once said he wanted to be known as the dirtiest player in the NFL. Not sure if that's true or not but guys like that are hated by most ( I'm sure even a lot of Titan fans think he's a disgrace to the uniform) people and like to see someone like that get their just desserts.

I guess I missed the parts where Roeth (i) hit Seymour first and (ii) didn't drop to the ground like a rag doll after getting stiff-armed by big Rich. Man, did he drop him good - was very entertaining.

you don't have to swing to provoke something ...roeth was selling sh1t..seymour swung with an open hand and hit him....roeth fell like baby...roeth is a big boy...looked like he might have taken a slight soccer dive....seymour was wrong for hitting him.but he was provoked

Only a $25,000 fine each.....Im shocked, thought for sure it would be $50k plus just for the fact of helmets getting ripped of and th multiple blows thrown, worse than Seymour did for the same fine....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao2K...n-finneganfined

Edited by APinMN

The fact that some of you have never fought surprises me more than AJ losing his cool.

:wacko: +1 I have been in fights on more than one occasion and have sons that if they were to pick on someone and fight I'd be pissed. Now I also let them know if you are being picked on or cornered by a so called bully they have every right to defend themselves and I have no problem with that. Luckily they are bigger than most and liked by most so really haven't had a problem with any of the above!!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

you don't have to swing to provoke something ...roeth was selling sh1t..seymour swung with an open hand and hit him....roeth fell like baby...roeth is a big boy...looked like he might have taken a slight soccer dive....seymour was wrong for hitting him.but he was provoked

You must be kidding. I also think you might be underestimating just how strong Seymour is - he legitimately dropped Roethlisberger. Maybe it was because Ben didn't see it coming (further evidence that there was no provocation) but he got dropped nonetheless.

You can't hit a guy because he's "selling sh1t" - that's not provocation. That's a ridiculous overreaction by Seymour, who clearly just didn't like the fact that someone put their hand on him, albeit in an innocent manner.