[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Choice claimed off waivers

Sunday Couch Potatoe

Well let's see, a once-"meh" back named Fred Jackson became a fantasy mega-stud this year, and C.J. Spiller's been given every opportunity in the world, only to fail miserably.

I don't know, a guy like Choice - even with his paltry YPC figures from this season - could get a shot there... and at least for the rest of the season, put up good PPR numbers.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking (I own Choice in a huge 32-teamer) but I'm certainly not "meh'ing" this.

Edit: Since OP edited... right, of course... it's dependent on Jackson being done or not. If he's not, then meh. If he is, I'd give him a shot.

Edited by darin3

Just saw this.....Meh maybe worth a shot if Fred is shelved

I was think about taking a flyer on Johnny White. This just muddy's the waters more. Seems like they have little to no faith in Spiller.

Well let's see, a once-"meh" back named Fred Jackson became a fantasy mega-stud this year, and C.J. Spiller's been given every opportunity in the world, only to fail miserably.

I don't know, a guy like Choice - even with his paltry YPC figures from this season - could get a shot there... and at least for the rest of the season, put up good PPR numbers.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking (I own Choice in a huge 32-teamer) but I'm certainly not "meh'ing" this.

Edit: Since OP edited... right, of course... it's dependent on Jackson being done or not. If he's not, then meh. If he is, I'd give him a shot.

Like I said its worth a shot and I picked him up as a Jackson owner but not with great enthusiasm just some hope. So the meh is me being less optimistic about him than I am hopeful.

Damn it, this is like Jamaal Charles for me Redux. I almost have to try and pick up Spiller, but I almost know it's going to be White.

It's like trying to figure out which one is the baby ruth that's lurking among a bunch of turds circling the bowl.

Edited by BleedingGreen

I'm not sure Spiller has been given much opportunity to show what he can do :wacko: Fred Jackson is obviously pretty darn good and his emergence has delayed any oppotunities for Spiller up until now. I'd be much more excited about Spiller's potential in this situation over Choice (the guy who's been dumped by 2 different teams this year).

Agreed, he's never once had 10+ carries in a game.

Its usually more about the situation a player is in.

Choice in Dallas - Behind Felix and Barber, than behind Murray and Felix = never had value.

Choice in Washington - In a cluttered mess with Torrain and Helu and the Rat making maters even worse.

Choice in Buffalo - FJax now out of the picture, Spiller has been given every chance and never took it, and White is a rook that will struggle in the passing game.

Choice at the very least has the hand up in 3rd down situations because he can pick up the blocking schemes better than either Spiller or White, so might emerge in a time for FF playoffs as the feature back in this situation.

Edited by typhus