[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK. I'm on the Record

McBoog

I've been on the record since they hired him, as being utterly shocked. I was even more shocked when SD wasn't completely terrible year after year, but he's never been good enough to warrant any sort of consideration as a good coach, imo.

As a coordinator he's awesome. Otherwise, he's just mediocre.

I've been on the record since before he was hired that I wanted them to hire Rex Ryan (interviewed the same week).

The Chargers need a reset in their historical evolution and need to hire a defensive mind that can bring nasty to a team that rarely has ever gotten the stop when they need it. I can think of significant Defensive stands only a few times in my life, even when the Chargers have had solid Ds.

This team is hurt and done for the year, with or without Norv. I think that for me, his shortcomings as a Head Coach have been highlighted now that he has only mediocre players to plug in. I always thought that the real problem with him at Washington and Choakland was the fact he had meddling owners and bad players (which he did on both teams). I gave him a pass and he has become one of the winningest coaches in franchise history (which is not saying a lot for a long suffering Charger fan :tup: ).

What I now realize is that he took a team with AMAZING talent and pi$$ed the opportunity away. I actually agreed with Ryan when he said that he would have had a couple of championships if he were coaching the Chargers.

I still think AJ has a good blueprint on how to build a team and I have not given up on him. He needs to expand his "copycat" style of the Patriots buy being more creative with free agents, but I think he still gets another shot to rebuild the team as he did before.

Not sure who is out there that I would want as a coach just yet, still looking. Maybe Ryan's brother? :wacko:

What is amazing to me as well, is how they bring in Manusky who was going to make this defense "Better and more aggressive". I don't see it. What I do see is that a solid unit in SF is now playing better with him gone. That alone tells you he is not the answer and needs to go as well.

The ONLY coach at this point I keep, and really hope they do, is Charlie Joiner. The man could flat out play and he is an excellent position coach.

:lol:

i'm at work and can't click it, but please god tell me someone put in a classified for a head coach? :wacko:

Yep, and it's safe for work.

Head Coach - San Diego Chargers

Looking for a person with head coaching experience. Ideal candidates will have the following skills:

NFL Coaching Expierience (10+ years)

Ability to communicate clearly with management/players

Ability to delegate offensive, defensive and special team responsibilities

Good clock manangement skills

Red Zone proficiency

Leadership by example

Ability to win games

Please send resumes to:

San Diego Chargers

P.O. Box 609609

San Diego, CA 92160-9609

I've been on the record since before he was hired that I wanted them to hire Rex Ryan (interviewed the same week).

The Chargers need a reset in their historical evolution and need to hire a defensive mind that can bring nasty to a team that rarely has ever gotten the stop when they need it. I can think of significant Defensive stands only a few times in my life, even when the Chargers have had solid Ds.

This team is hurt and done for the year, with or without Norv. I think that for me, his shortcomings as a Head Coach have been highlighted now that he has only mediocre players to plug in. I always thought that the real problem with him at Washington and Choakland was the fact he had meddling owners and bad players (which he did on both teams). I gave him a pass and he has become one of the winningest coaches in franchise history (which is not saying a lot for a long suffering Charger fan :tup: ).

What I now realize is that he took a team with AMAZING talent and pi$$ed the opportunity away. I actually agreed with Ryan when he said that he would have had a couple of championships if he were coaching the Chargers.

I still think AJ has a good blueprint on how to build a team and I have not given up on him. He needs to expand his "copycat" style of the Patriots buy being more creative with free agents, but I think he still gets another shot to rebuild the team as he did before.

Not sure who is out there that I would want as a coach just yet, still looking. Maybe Ryan's brother? :wacko:

What is amazing to me as well, is how they bring in Manusky who was going to make this defense "Better and more aggressive". I don't see it. What I do see is that a solid unit in SF is now playing better with him gone. That alone tells you he is not the answer and needs to go as well.

The ONLY coach at this point I keep, and really hope they do, is Charlie Joiner. The man could flat out play and he is an excellent position coach.

:lol:

+1 ....except for Rob Ryan as our next HC. Andy Reid?

whoa. that's a step in the wrong direction man, imo.

I wasn't serious about Rob Ryan and I certainly don't want Reid! As I said before, I want a HC with a solid defense background and A LOT of nasty. As much as I didn't like him at Tenn, I could see Jeff Fisher as a really good fit for the Boltz. He would bring the right mind set to the style needed to win the AFC West in the future.

Also... It looks like AJ is out the door as well.

AJ Gone Too?

I like him and think he could rebuild, but he is so hated now in SD that Spanos may not have a choice. I think cleaning house is not necessary and is too much turmoil. It would probably take the Chargers out of the picture for a few years.

What is clear is that they have to get younger, faster, bigger and a whole lot meaner.

I hope it happens before Rivers best years are past him. :wacko:

As much as I didn't like him at Tenn, I could see Jeff Fisher as a really good fit for the Boltz. He would bring the right mind set to the style needed to win the AFC West in the future.

I'm hoping they get Fisher too.

i honestly think Reid is a very good coach. he's been very successful over a number of years. he probably just needs a change as much as San Diego does. just make sure he has a "proven" defensive coordinator in place.

he'll be sure to continue to get the most from Rivers.

and i also agree that AJ shouldn't go. i don't want to see a total tear-down. i don't think that is necessary. just a change at field level.

Edited by rebdog

Spanos Jr. has been getting groomed for the GM job for a few years now. And I'm pretty sure a majority of the fan base is sick of the AJ dictatorship.

But I'm hearing that it won't be a "real" GM job far quite a while longer, even if they do move him up. He is a smart dude, loves football and the Chargers and has been bred for this. His whole world has been football since his teens and is already very well connected. He is sort of a managerial Phillip Rivers in his approach and enthusiasm. When he is ready, I'm sure he will do a fine job.