[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should this Team Exist?

kalel3475

I'm in a 12 Team, PPR league. Sixteen roster spots and we had a live draft.

One team has the following line up, and I would like to hear your thoughts on a League that has such a team in it.

Aaron Rodgers

Arian Foster

Ray Rice--actually drafted him

LeSean McCoy

Wes Welker--drafted, but traded away, then traded back

Greg Jennings

Aaron Hernandez

Until week 11, he had Drew Brees as his QB, from a trade that took place before the season began, and Matt Forte--drafted, but traded both of them for Aaron Rodgers.

I would just like to hear some opinions from people who are not directly connected to the League.

Thanks.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One team has the following line up, and I would like to hear your thoughts on a League that has such a team in it.

Aaron Rodgers

Arian Foster

LeSean McCoy

Greg Jennings

Aaron Hernandez

Until week 11, he had Drew Brees as his QB, from a trade that took place before the season began, and Matt Forte--drafted, but traded both of them for Aaron Rodgers.

I would just like to hear some opinions from people who are not directly connected to the League.

Thanks.

any keepers are straight up redraft ?

Aaron Rodgers

Arian Foster

LeSean McCoy

Greg Jennings

Aaron Hernandez

Thanks.

I say yes. It can exist. But it depends on how he acquired foster mccoy jennings. we need more info

Forte and Brees is very fair for Rodgers

Drafted Rice

lay out the rest

I say yes. It can exist. But it depends on how he acquired foster mccoy jennings. we need more info

Forte and Brees is very fair for Rodgers

Drafted Rice

lay out the rest

Foster was acquired for Chris Johnson--acquired through a trade, during Week 3.

I agree Forte and Brees for Rodgers is fair, although he got Brees for players that that the other owner didn't have on his roster 6 weeks later.

He got Jennings in a 6 player deal in which he also got Austin Miles and Felix Jones while giving up L. Blount, Steve Johnson, and H. Nicks.

He got McCoy a bit later in a 6 player deal in which he also got M. Floyd and A. Brown while giving up A. Miles, K. Britt, and Felix Jones.

Edited by kalel3475

Entirely possible in a long-term keeper or dynasty league with an owner that got lucky and/or worked it. Without seeing individual transactions it's impossible to comment on.

It's not a keeper or dynasty league.

We also have unrestricted trading, meaning no commissioner approval or League Vote.

So he drafted Rice, Forte and the traded Chris Johnson. And he also drafted Nicks, who he traded to get Jennings. And he also drafted Brees, who he traded to get Rodgers?

if this guy was able to draft such a team, I think its the other 11 owners that shouldn't exist.

He didn't draft CJ, but he did have a good draft, I admit. He didn't draft Brees. He actually didn't draft a QB until the 8th round. He did draft Nicks and Brandon Marshall, but traded both of those players away early.

So he drafted Rice, Forte and the traded Chris Johnson. And he also drafted Nicks, who he traded to get Jennings. And he also drafted Brees, who he traded to get Rodgers?

if this guy was able to draft such a team, I think its the other 11 owners that shouldn't exist.

Ya that seems a bit fudged...i mean after week 2 i traded Hightower and SJax for CJ2k. But Im only in 8 team league and it will be the last time I am in this small of a league. However, before week 1 if you said by week 3 one team would own AP and CJ, I would have called it into question perhaps. Also had Fred Jax :tup: ...Anywho I'm in superbowl and week 16 is the final week of combined two and down 26 points....Lets see if I can make it up. :wacko:

Not really sure what you're looking for as far as thoughts, but I'll throw out a few...

- Depending on the the owner's late round picks, WW adds, and timing of trades it's certainly possible to put together a team like this. Capitalizing on top trade value for later round guys/ww like Cam, Stafford, Fred Jackson, Gronkowski, Graham, Steve Smith, D Murray, Cruz... it certainly could happen. It would be one of those "everything fell into place" moments,...but a good run on late picks, ww moves, and making the right trades could do it.

- Foster was being had for cheap around wk 2/3. Welker could have been sold high around wk 3/4, then reacquired later for less. Forte and Welker were both drafted between 40 and 60 in my main local.

- Assuming each trade that was made to assemble a team like this was "fair" one could maybe point fingers at the later trade partners for making deals with a team that was setting up to be stacked. If each individual move is ok by itself, there's not much that can be said but congratulations on putting together a fine team.

Not really sure what you're looking for as far as thoughts, but I'll throw out a few...

- Depending on the the owner's late round picks, WW adds, and timing of trades it's certainly possible to put together a team like this. Capitalizing on top trade value for later round guys/ww like Cam, Stafford, Fred Jackson, Gronkowski, Graham, Steve Smith, D Murray, Cruz... it certainly could happen. It would be one of those "everything fell into place" moments,...but a good run on late picks, ww moves, and making the right trades could do it.

- Foster was being had for cheap around wk 2/3. Welker could have been sold high around wk 3/4, then reacquired later for less. Forte and Welker were both drafted between 40 and 60 in my main local.

- Assuming each trade that was made to assemble a team like this was "fair" one could maybe point fingers at the later trade partners for making deals with a team that was setting up to be stacked. If each individual move is ok by itself, there's not much that can be said but congratulations on putting together a fine team.

And that is sort of where I fall into this discussion. Each individual trade was "fair," in the sense that as "stand alone trades" they hold up for the most part. He drafted well enough to have pieces to move.

My beef isn't with the owner of this Pro-Bowl team, but more with the owners who provided him this lineup. He was "setting up to be stacked" as you put it, and because they like trading more than anything else, they kept feeding the beast.

I just know that when most people see his team, their first reaction is to ask, 1: how did he get such a team, and 2: how did the other owners allow such a team to come into existence.

He outscored everyone else by over 400 points over 13 weeks, and was outscored only 13 times during the same stretch. The next closest person was outscored 50 times over that 13 week period.

So yeah, each individual trade may be "fair," but if at the end he ends up with this team, were they really that "fair?" IDK.

No you should have the commish go in and immediately delete this team from existance and continue on with the rest of the season without it.

You joke, but it does seem that some owners think some of the trades should have been vetoed by the Commish. One owner was at the meeting when we decided to have unrestricted trading, without Commish approval, but now regrets not saying anything earlier about the "funny" trading going on.