[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NYG trade for LB Keith Rivers

Considering what the Giants gave up this is a great move plus I think - if healthy - Rivers will excel and make a super sleeper

Considering what the Giants gave up this is a great move plus I think - if healthy - Rivers will excel and make a super sleeper

What gives you any kind of impression that this year is going to be unlike any other season in his 4 year professional career?

None. That is why I put "if healthy". However, seeing it is basically a one year deal for a player with a ton of upside for a fifth round pick, don't you think it is a risk worth taking?

None. That is why I put "if healthy". However, seeing it is basically a one year deal for a player with a ton of upside for a fifth round pick, don't you think it is a risk worth taking?

The Giants are kind of loaded at LB, with several versatile players, none of which really produce a lot of points in most IDP formats. I'm not enamored by the move. Especially for the price he's fetching in dynasty free agency auctions this month.

The Giants are kind of loaded at LB, with several versatile players, none of which really produce a lot of points in most IDP formats. I'm not enamored by the move. Especially for the price he's fetching in dynasty free agency auctions this month.

I paid a whopping $8 in a league that awards $100 annually for FAs.

I paid a whopping $8 in a league that awards $100 annually for FAs.

Boley, as the weak side guy in that defense, is a borderline starter in a 3LB format. Rivers, as a guy who gets hurt often and a lot, might get a shot at that spot (if they don't keep Boley there). I'd say take a flier on him, sure. I'd also say that he's a high risk/medium-to-low reward as far as $$$ goes.

Boley, as the weak side guy in that defense, is a borderline starter in a 3LB format. Rivers, as a guy who gets hurt often and a lot, might get a shot at that spot (if they don't keep Boley there). I'd say take a flier on him, sure. I'd also say that he's a high risk/medium-to-low reward as far as $$$ goes.

I agree, but I was just pointing out he isnt fetching a high price.

I agree, but I was just pointing out he isnt fetching a high price.

He went for $9 in CBFL, same setup. More than Dansby, Henderson, and Howard went for, and more than most top end DBs. I think it's too high for me, that becomes slightly more than a flier at that point.

Edited by godtomsatan

Giants have a glut of LBs right now. Jacquain Williams looks to be an up-and-comer, Greg Jones still has promise at MLB and Kiwanuka is more than capable at the position as well. Unless someone gets traded, I see more of the same rotational BS that we saw last year where none of the LBs really stand out all that much.