[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin

fingfootball

I've pulled him for Boldin. Just worried about his Q status.

He's questionable because he hasn't practiced. However, that's the way the Lions are purposely playing it in an attempt to keep the wear and tear on him at a minimum. He'll be playing on Sunday and with his matchup should be starting for anyone who owns him.

Other sites are now calling him a true gametime decision(in the last 45 minutes). They are are also stating that if he does play he could be used a third down option the whole game....what the hell, Drafting Megatron in the first round has been a disaster and now his best matchup of the year might be screwed.....starting to hate him a little...

Other sites are now calling him a true gametime decision(in the last 45 minutes). They are are also stating that if he does play he could be used a third down option the whole game....what the hell, Drafting Megatron in the first round has been a disaster and now his best matchup of the year might be screwed.....starting to hate him a little...

come on now that is overstating things just a bit.....outside of the difference in TDs 1 vs 10 his 2011 vs 2012 thru 7 games are eerily similar:

2011: 41 receptions, 679 yards

2012: 41 receptions, 638 yards

A difference of just 41 yards (5.85 yds/game)

The lack of TDs is what the biggest difference but expecting 10 TDs in 7 games is far from a reasonable expectation to have

come on now that is overstating things just a bit.....outside of the difference in TDs 1 vs 10 his 2011 vs 2012 thru 7 games are eerily similar:

2011: 41 receptions, 679 yards

2012: 41 receptions, 638 yards

A difference of just 41 yards (5.85 yds/game)

The lack of TDs is what the biggest difference but expecting 10 TDs in 7 games is far from a reasonable expectation to have

I didn't realize that the stats were so close. It really is only the TDs, I mean that's a big loss being 54 pts less and through 7 games that would be close to 8 pts per game. Big difference! And those 8 pts could be the difference between winning and losing some weeks and that's what you want from your 1st round pick, isn't it?

• Like 1

I didn't realize that the stats were so close. It really is only the TDs, I mean that's a big loss being 54 pts less and through 7 games that would be close to 8 pts per game. Big difference! And those 8 pts could be the difference between winning and losing some weeks and that's what you want from your 1st round pick, isn't it?

Exactly!!! +1

• Like 1

How many WRs have ever had a pace of 1.43 TDs/game(22.88 TDs)?

That's the pace he set last year thru 7 games...the answer is ONE, Moss (23 TDs)...Jerry Rice did have 22 once.

He is on pace for 100.57 receptions...what more do you want from a 1st round pick?

He is on pace for 1458.29 yards...what more do you want from a 1st round pick?

I'll give you the TDs, but even if he only adds 5 more TDs by the end of the year to finish with a stat line of

100/1450/6 is nothing to sneeze at from a 1st round pick...and yes, I do expect to see him at a minimum add 5 TDs by the end of the season.

Edited by keggerz

How many WRs have ever had a pace of 1.43 TDs/game(22.88 TDs)?

That's the pace he set last year thru 7 games...the answer is ONE, Moss (23 TDs)...Jerry Rice did have 22 once.

He is on pace for 100.57 receptions...what more do you want from a 1st round pick?

He is on pace for 1458.29 yards...what more do you want from a 1st round pick?

I'll give you the TDs, but even if he only adds 5 more TDs by the end of the year to finish with a stat line of

100/1450/6 is nothing to sneeze at from a 1st round pick...and yes, I do expect to see him at a minimum add 5 TDs by the end of the season.

Great stats but...

How many have scored 1 td through week 8 before?

... this creates a better point. I don't think anyone is looking for a 1.43 td pace. However, i'd take a 1 td pace per game or .75 td pace, which would increase his pt production by 5-6 points per game and make a big difference. No?

I play him. Hope he's out....but watch whoever my opponent puts in go off.

Back to Calvin though, it's tough to sit him but were halfway through the season and the lions are mind boggling. How does stafford and that offense drop off so bad? Although they seem to focus on the run more which is a question mark in itself, why is leshoure getting no burn when he's averaging over 4 a carry. Makes no sense

How many have scored 1 td through week 8 before?

Eventually, you are going to realize what I'm all about, what makes me tick, what sends me over the edge and what pron I'm in to (fyi, gag) - And when you do just think about this - I live close to you in NC :woot:

I've been stressing out lately and thinking about take a vacation here real soon. Well, something more like a long weekend than a vacation but the catch is that it's football season so I can't do Sundays or Mondays (looks ghey and throws a poker card).. I was reading through this really cool travel magazine about a 3 day cruise where there is a giant, pool-size hot tub filled with lube and you get free prostate examinations by people that look like freddie mercury. Anyone down? I'll bring the Catholic poney. By the way, dope man, it's disturbing that he lives near you.

Edited by cliaz

Welker 2008....1 TD thru 7 games...finished with 3 TDs, 110 recp/1139 yrds (8th ranked WR)

Brandon Marshall 2011....1 TD thru 7 games...finished with 6... 77/1177/6 (10th ranked WR)

Were they drafted in the first round and complaining about knee soreness going into week 9? Not feeling to great about Megatron right now!!!

Eventually, you are going to realize what I'm all about, what makes me tick, what sends me over the edge and what pron I'm in to (fyi, gag) - And when you do just think about this - I live close to you in NC :woot:

Exactly! Well said.

Little disturbing....and a wtf scratching of the head moment going on....don't know how to respond to that, :hscratch:

Little disturbing....and a wtf scratching of the head moment going on....don't know how to respond to that, :hscratch:

the funny thing is right now there are probably 12 to 16 members on this board that would say you hit the nail on the head - flawless victory

• Like 1