[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

San Diego's offense seems undervalued

MTSuper7

Yes.

Rivers had more TD passes than each of those guys last year. i'm not sure what is expected to change there? at least our Oline has had some improvement to it. Bradford hasn't proven anything. Culter is just an arm without a head, and Palmer has become a journeyman QB albeit a good one.

Rivers had more TD passes than each of those guys last year. i'm not sure what is expected to change there? at least our Oline has had some improvement to it. Bradford hasn't proven anything. Culter is just an arm without a head, and Palmer has become a journeyman QB albeit a good one.

17 NFL QB's started 16 regular season games last year. Listed below are how many of those 17 fared worse than Phillip Rivers in four different FF points categories (ESPN standard league scoring):

• Games of < 20 FF points - 0 (Rivers tied for last)

• Games of < 15 FF points - 5 (Rivers beat out 5 of 17, Ponder/Schaub/Flacco/Eli/Dalton)

• Games of 25+ FF points - 0 (Rivers tied for last)

• Games of 30+ FF points - 0 (Rivers tied for last)

Another SD receiver injured.

Per rotoworld:

Eddie Royal left Chargers practice in an ambulance Saturday.

Royal fell hard to the ground while making a catch in an 11-on-11 drill, then he was on his way to the locker room before falling to the ground in need of an oxygen tank. The ambulance came onto the field, and Royal was strapped to a gurney and taken away.

It's a bit of a scary situation, but we don't know much more at the moment. The Chargers will provide an update later this afternoon.

Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

• 5 weeks later...

Funny how down we all were on Rivers. 7 TDs and 600+ yards in 2 games (against Houston and Philly so not exactly slouches). Still early, but the Chargers look a lot better on offense than most of us thought they would. Of course, nobody saw Eddie Royal coming.

I can't understand why you guys were ever so down on Rivers in the first place... he is a very good QB and one of the most underrated in the league.

Rivers was a mess last year, having him a keeper team for years as my #1 QB I was very disappointed and decided I wouldn't protect him this year. I did draft him as my #3QB (Dalton, Schaub) and played him ahead of those 2 this week. Schaub would have won me my game as well, and I had decided early in the week to give Dalton the week off on MNF hosting the Steelers.

I agree they are undervalued. I also expected the game with the Eagles to include a lot of offense so he seemed like the best play.

I can't understand why you guys were ever so down on Rivers in the first place... he is a very good QB and one of the most underrated in the league.

He looked very horrid last year, the O-line looked in shambles, he had a poor pre-season and he only lost more people this year (Alexander out for the year in the pre-season). Mathews is not the player they envisioned at all when they drafted him and can't really do much to take heat off Rivers. His value might be a QB2 now in a two QB league, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable with him as a QB1.