[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This year's Alfred Morris?

kingsofromance

Yeah, he'll probably only match last year, say 1600-13. Weak.

i don't think Morris is as safe to produce as some think. For me, the thing that concerns me is that the Skins say RG3 will run less...if that happens it takes away a dynamic part of the offense...a part that normally makes it harder to focus on Morris...take that part away and it will be easier for Ds to key on Morris.

A guy that unexpectedly comes in and puts up good RB1 numbers. Even tho he wasn't expected to start.

Gio

If I had to place a bet on any of the rookies breaking into the top 10, I would go with Gio. He is faster and quicker than BJGE plus he has been geting goal line carries, and succeeding, in the pre-season. He is a great catcher out of the backfield and I suspect he will get the lions share of touches starting round week 4, 60-70%

Gio.

I like Gio also but he hasn't exactly come from nowhere to be the starter. He isn't the starter yet but is being drafted well ahead of BJGE. Everyone knows about him. Not like Morris last year or Foster a few years ago

I think the OP is looking for guys who came out of nowhere, not early picks who will take the starters job as everyone is expecting

• Like 1

I like Gio also but he hasn't exactly come from nowhere to be the starter. He isn't the starter yet but is being drafted well ahead of BJGE. Everyone knows about him. Not like Morris last year or Foster a few years ago

I think the OP is looking for guys who came out of nowhere, not early picks who will take the starters job as everyone is expecting

Besides Alfred Morris, has anyone came out of nowhere to be a RB1? I'm thinking guys who really outperform their preseason RB rankings. I think I've seen Gio as high as the 40th ranked RB in the preseason. He can easily be in the top 10.

Any chance "Shanahanigans" happened only because the backs he had were just crappy and he rode the hottest hand? Maybe Morris is actually a solid RB? I'm not sold myself but I won't say this isn't an option.

This is exactly why we have seen Shanahanigans in the past. When I watch game tape of Alf I see a damn good running back. He runs behind his pads, has great balance, is quick to hole, regularly gain more than what is blocked, and doesn't turn the ball over. Shanny is going to ride him hard and he will produce.

Mark my word (and I wish I had room on my roster for him already) , Zac Stacy RB on the Rams will be a top Running Back Rookie this year.

But I think the surprise Rookie won't be a Running Back. I'm putting (big gamble mind you) my money on DeAndre Hopkins out of Houston. Just think this guy might be the Deep sleeper guys are looking for. Next Julio Jones?

Mark my word (and I wish I had room on my roster for him already) , Zac Stacy RB on the Rams will be a top Running Back Rookie this year.

But I think the surprise Rookie won't be a Running Back. I'm putting (big gamble mind you) my money on DeAndre Hopkins out of Houston. Just think this guy might be the Deep sleeper guys are looking for. Next Julio Jones?

I like DHop too. He is exactly what the Houston offense has needed for a while...a credible WR2 threat.

Ya, I hope he passes that concussion test. The kid has the tools and the situation is perfect for D Hopkins to become a star. Why I like Zac Stacey is he's the TD work horse that team is looking for. He's got speed and can catch the ball. Just a injury away to getting alot of time on the team.

Stacy was one bad dude in college. Considering that he played on possibly the weakest team in the toughest conference, his stats are very impressive. I was looking for any sort of positive in the preseason and I would have drafted him. He is definitely on my watchlist.

I haven't done any homework on Toon.

now that my drafts are done, I'll agree with this post. Todman's college coach said he was the best receiving RB he'd ever coached. I don't think it's a knock that SD couldn't use him or let him go as I think SD fans should be pissed at the coaches and mgt of their team fooking things up so nicely with crazy roster moves.

While I don't think JAC is any better, I do think that MJD's first moderate injury causes him to shut down for the rest of the season. If MJD plays well, he can only look forward to being franchise tagged. MJD needs out of JAC in a bad way and I don't think he risks making any injury worse by going back on that field for that thankless organization.

I don't think Todman comes close to Alfred Morris' numbers, but I think he's #2 behind Woodhead for risk/reward.

This si my thought exactly. I hadn't heard that about his college coach, so that is encouraging. I know preseason stats get blown somewhat out of proportion, but what he (Todman) was able to do in back to back games was impressive nonetheless.

Did you end up taking him in any of your leagues? Was he an MJD handcuff for you?

• Like 1

Everyone knows about him. Not like Morris last year or Foster a few years ago

Not to nitpick, but Foster was hardly unknown going into the 2010 season. He was actually getting drafted pretty highly by a lot of people in August 2010 drafts, since he was lined up to be the starter after every other Houston RB got injured in training camp and preseason. I remember spending a 3rd round pick on him in one draft in late August.

Morris, on the other hand, was basically #3 on the depth chart going into the opening week last year and went undrafted in most pools.

Could be Royster or Helu if Morris goes down.

Nope. They got their shot and Shanny refused to start either of them two games in a row no matter how they performed. Torrain started multiple games even though he completely sucked.

Not to nitpick, but Foster was hardly unknown going into the 2010 season. He was actually getting drafted pretty highly by a lot of people in August 2010 drafts, since he was lined up to be the starter after every other Houston RB got injured in training camp and preseason. I remember spending a 3rd round pick on him in one draft in late August.

Morris, on the other hand, was basically #3 on the depth chart going into the opening week last year and went undrafted in most pools.

Not sure where you were, but Morris was named the starter prior to week 1. In fact, he carried 28 times for 96 yards and 2 TDs in week 1 last year.

Not sure where you were, but Morris was named the starter prior to week 1. In fact, he carried 28 times for 96 yards and 2 TDs in week 1 last year.

As late as thursday or friday before the first game, the Skins were saying it was a RBBC or "hot hand" situation. Almost every fantasy site still had Royster as the top ranked Skins back, followed by Helu and then Morris. In fact the Skins official depth chart listed Morris #3 on the Monday Sept 3 (dont believe me? here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/03/redskins-depth-chart-wr-josh-morgan-listed-as-starter-opposite-pierre-garcon/ ). Sunday morning before the game it was reported that Morris was going to start, which he did and of course the rest is history. But to suggest that he was the clear starter leading up to the first week is false - the Skins backfield was a situation to avoid in late August and early September, and Royster and Helu were both more heavily drafted than Morris.

Edited by nelsosi