[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Williams

DanTheMan_5

Is anybody else in a league with deep rosters considering stashing Ryan Williams on the slim hope he can stay healthy this year? IF (albeit a very big if) he can actually keep his knees from falling off, I could see a scenario where he ends up being the primary runner for ARI. He's available on waivers in both the 12 team leagues I am in. I don't see Mendenhall staying healthy.

Am I crazy???

Local media and Cardinals insiders are saying if for whatever reason you're looking to stash a Cardinals RB on your roster - or if you have Mendenhall, Stepfan Taylor is the guy to get. Ryan Williams nearly got cut, he wasn't Arian's guy to begin with. Personally I think the whole situation is a disaster. Doesn't matter if Purple Jesus was on this team (he could have been - they passed him up for Levi Brown), he'd struggle mightily behind this offensive line. Cardinals did a little to attempt to address it in the offseason, but their prize possession high draft pick for a guard is out for the season. This is one situation I'd try to avoid at all costs.

12 teams isn't a very deep league, but maybe you have extremely deep rosters... Who would you be dropping, and how many roster spots do you have?

Our rosters are 18 deep. 9 starters.

My signature is my team, with the exception that I traded Givens and GBP for D. Jackson. But my question was more about Ryan's potential, not so much a WDIS. Coaches can claim so and so will get goal line carries, or so and so is 2nd on our depth chart. Half the lies head coaches tell aren't even true.

I just don't see any of their other backs being workhorses. I'm not suggesting Ryan is, I'm just throwing around the idea that maybe, just maybe he's actually getting healthy and could MAYBE have a productive year if/when Mendy gets shelved.

Local media and Cardinals insiders are saying if for whatever reason you're looking to stash a Cardinals RB on your roster - or if you have Mendenhall, Stepfan Taylor is the guy to get. Ryan Williams nearly got cut, he wasn't Arian's guy to begin with. Personally I think the whole situation is a disaster. Doesn't matter if Purple Jesus was on this team (he could have been - they passed him up for Levi Brown), he'd struggle mightily behind this offensive line. Cardinals did a little to attempt to address it in the offseason, but their prize possession high draft pick for a guard is out for the season. This is one situation I'd try to avoid at all costs.

OOOOOO Ya, I almost forgot about that. Ya, I think I'll stay away from Cardinals RB's. Just dreaming of that diamond in the rough.

Our rosters are 18 deep. 9 starters.

My signature is my team, with the exception that I traded Givens and GBP for D. Jackson. But my question was more about Ryan's potential, not so much a WDIS. Coaches can claim so and so will get goal line carries, or so and so is 2nd on our depth chart. Half the lies head coaches tell aren't even true.

I just don't see any of their other backs being workhorses. I'm not suggesting Ryan is, I'm just throwing around the idea that maybe, just maybe he's actually getting healthy and could MAYBE have a productive year if/when Mendy gets shelved.

Same league size and roster limits here, same starters except we don't have a WR3 instead of that flex spot. Both those ARI RBs are available, as well as a bunch of other scrubs. I'm always scouting guys and will watch these as well as some other RB situations that will be developing.

One thing I was very surprised of was how nobody was interested in Daniel Thomas. I was reading earlier that it was a close battle between him and Miller, and that Miller still needed to prove he could be the #1. I finally took him in round 10 when many guys I had ranked lower were being grabbed. Of course my RB are my week spot, so I'm always looking to find that guy that can help me out.