[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James Jones

CowboysDiehard

I have an unwritten rule about never starting 2 WR from the same team. Too much riding on 1 game, and the ceiling is limited.

+1 I don't even like having 2 WR from the same team on my roster, unless it really a kind of handcuff situation. A couple years ago I liked what I saw in Titus Young (before he was a headcase) and considered targeting him, but had Calvin and figured it would just be a bench spot of no value all year.

I feel the same way unless I'm playing AGAINST a really good quarterback. This week I go against a team that has Peyton Manning. I'm starting BOTH Thomas'

None of this makes any sense whatsoever, but good luck with it anyway.

I've noticed that you try awfully hard to be a dill hole.

So people who disagree with you are dill holes? And don't see why I should be a dill hole and I don't really care either. Enjoy the thread and continue to avoid WRs from the same team by rule.

Sure it is.

Nah. Assets have a lot of different properties, which are not transferable to fantasy football. The whole line of thought behind diversification in portfolio management are in no way or shape comparable to fantasy football. There might be some (unknown) correlation between players in a single games, but I have never seen any evidence. For sure there at no correlations between players in different games and you can't diversify risk or affect one player's risk by starting one or the other player in another game.

In fantasy you have a bunch of players, not a portfolio of players.

Nah. Assets have a lot of different properties, which are not transferable to fantasy football. The whole line of thought behind diversification in portfolio management are in no way or shape comparable to fantasy football. There might be some (unknown) correlation between players in a single games, but I have never seen any evidence. For sure there at no correlations between players in different games and you can't diversify risk or affect one player's risk by starting one or the other player in another game.

In fantasy you have a bunch of players, not a portfolio of players.

Believe that if you want, draft an entire team of players from the highest powered NFL team if you think you can win that way. There is no ifs about it, there is additional risk in have multiple players at the same position from the same team. They are going to have to share the opportunities, and if the team has a bad day both those players do.

Believe that if you want, draft an entire team of players from the highest powered NFL team if you think you can win that way. There is no ifs about it, there is additional risk in have multiple players at the same position from the same team. They are going to have to share the opportunities, and if the team has a bad day both those players do.

I wouldn't want Sanders and Brown in my lineup but I wouldn't mind having both Thomas and Welker on a team or 2 right now

Believe that if you want, draft an entire team of players from the highest powered NFL team if you think you can win that way.

That's not what I said at all. Kind af a childish and completely out of context response, but you do excel at them, so I can't say I am surprised.

There is no ifs about it, there is additional risk in have multiple players at the same position from the same team

But isn't there also additional reward? Or does the additional risk always outweigh the additional reward? And is this in general or just with your risk preferences?

That's not what I said at all. Kind af a childish and completely out of context response, but you do excel at them, so I can't say I am surprised.

But isn't there also additional reward? Or does the additional risk always outweigh the additional reward? And is this in general or just with your risk preferences?

There can be additional reward, but for me (and I think most FF players) the risk is too high. I didn't even get into things like bye weeks, or if another key part of the offense is injured (including lineman).

You seemed to dismiss these things and acted as if there was nothing wrong in having two WR from the same team on your roster, or even starting.

If they are the players that I believe will score the most points, then absolutely i would draft an entire fantasy team from one NFL team.

The only part of any of this that is illogical is anyone saying they would not draft a player from a team they already have a player from (same position or not) nor start multiple players from the same NFL team (same position or not).

If they are the player you believe will score the most points, you draft/start them. If they aren;t the player you believe will score the most, you don;t draft/start them. To not do so is illogical (insert Spock voice) and counter productive.

There can be additional reward, but for me (and I think most FF players) the risk is too high. I didn't even get into things like bye weeks, or if another key part of the offense is injured (including lineman).

You seemed to dismiss these things and acted as if there was nothing wrong in having two WR from the same team on your roster, or even starting.

You would factor all of those things in to any roster/lineup decision, not just decisions about players from the same team. To immediately dismiss a player for something that has no relevance to his on field performance such as what fantasy team his teammate is on is a major mistake.

It is no different than starting a WR just because your fantasy opponent has his QB, even when you have better options at WR.

So people who disagree with you are dill holes? And don't see why I should be a dill hole and I don't really care either. Enjoy the thread and continue to avoid WRs from the same team by rule.

You disagree with everyone, but its the way you disagree that's offensive. I hope you are a happier person in real life and just taking out your frustrations on a FF Message board. Otherwise you'd be pretty miserable.

BTW, people who don't care, don't respond.

BC Irespect your opinions, but I don't think its quite the same, and I generally don't have a "I won't draft guys" kind of policy. But I'm inclined to not draft or start players from the same position on the same team, because of the added risks (too many eggs in one basket).

And it is not the same as starting the WR to try and cancel out your opponents QB, I never do that.

I disagree with everything. But Big Country said everything that is needed to say. You and most FF players are wrong. Good for the rest of us.

I don't agree at all. His ADP is pretty low(27th) and most weeks Rodgers will go to him a lot more than yesterday. Don't expect every game to be against San Francisco. He is drafted in the range of TY Hilton and Greg Jennings. I'd probably take him if he was there at WR4.

Not repeating last years success is not a bust unless you expect a repeat.

The majority of the projections said Jones would have the weakest coverage, with Cobb and Nelson going against 49ner's best. Jones benefited from Nelson and Jennings missing time last year.

BC Irespect your opinions, but I don't think its quite the same, and I generally don't have a "I won't draft guys" kind of policy. But I'm inclined to not draft or start players from the same position on the same team, because of the added risks (too many eggs in one basket).

And it is not the same as starting the WR to try and cancel out your opponents QB, I never do that.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/400556-comfort-zone-drafting-players-on-the-same-team/

That thread from earlier this offseason went into the whole drafting players from the same team. The linked article (which you need to be a member of a rival FF site to view, so I won't paste here even though it is from 2008) utilized data from 2000-2007, but it did show that there was actually slightly less variance involved when it came to starting same team WRs compared to WRs of similar value from different teams. The data only looked at instances where both WRs from the same team were in the top 20 for ADP for that year (not for year end performance), and compared them against all possible combinations of WR that were within two spots ADP wise.

Essentially what the data showed was that the idea of starting two WRs from the same team being a riskier proposition was more of a myth.

And I hate to do it, but credit to Baby Jane for digging up the link in the original thread on the topic. It was one of the few times where I asked him to provide actual backup to his claims that he followed through and did.

And no, I do not have the inclination or time to further the study for years 2009-2012 at this point in time, but it would make for an interesting project if I were to either win the lottery or lose my job and find myself with enough time for such an undertaking.

• Like 1