[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Wilson

CaptainHook

Yeah, I seen it and expected it. Coughlin I believe is gonna try and use this to light a fire under his butt. in reality though, Without Wilson's talent they are 1 demensional. I know Scott looked OK with all the junk yardage from the Cowboys playing back but he is far from the solution. and if he don't want teams teeing off on Eli he is gonna have to get a run game going and I expect being the great coach he is he will succeed. and I see noone else on that team he can succeed with.

That's why it won't be someone on the team they will sign one of the free agents still jobless...Mcgahee is one example

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is, once your a fumbler the entire league doesn't just tackle you anymore, they tackle the ball and it takes a very strong willed and head sound player to focus especially hard on not only running the football but holding onto it too. Defenses smell blood on the field and can almost make sure you stay a fumbler even if your extra ball conscious from here on out.

From what I saw on the sideline last year, when he was blubbering after his fumble, he was either young and has the opportunity grow up or he's not all that head strong to begin with. If it's the ladder, he's basically done as a starting RB in the NFL. He held his head up a bit today and wasn't blubbering on the sideline so that is a positive sign. He had better learn the Tiki Tuck fast, but it may alter his running effectiveness.

Seeings how he's not on any of my fantasy teams, while also taking into account that I am a Cowboys fan, who happens to have Brown stashed, I hope they start him again next week and he fumbles for a couple more defensive TD's. :rofl:

Edited by Cowboyz1

That's why it won't be someone on the team they will sign one of the free agents still jobless...Mcgahee is one example

Maybe. I still expect it to be Wilson. just gonna take him a few sound games to get Coughlin back into fully trusting him.

I think Wilson's bigger worry right now is if Scott comes in and plays well next week and takes advantage of this chance he has.

Maybe. I still expect it to be Wilson. just gonna take him a few sound games to get Coughlin back into fully trusting him.

I think Wilson's bigger worry right now is if Scott comes in and plays well next week and takes advantage of this chance he has.

Fair enough we agree to disagree

I believe he will get the chance. what he does with it will be the scary part. he fumbles again next week and Coughlin might choke him out.

Or if he misses a blocking assignment and Eli gets clobbered. Wilson's leash is going to be short. Scott will see more carries next game for sure.

Or if he misses a blocking assignment and Eli gets clobbered. Wilson's leash is going to be short. Scott will see more carries next game for sure.

Yeah well he stood there knowing a screen was called swatting at the ball like he was surprised it was coming to him. Not sure any of the backs they have on the Roster foster much confidence. I mean how solid can you be with no NFL starts. I bet they have a free agent signed by Monday night or a trade in the works. They just can't afford to have the errors they had tonight going forward.

This is the same reason Fox in Denver started Moreno Thursday. He said in the press conference that "Moreno is more Seasoned" than the other guys. The Giants need a more Seasoned back to start until they can bring along the rooks.

Edited by Cowboyz1

We've seen Tom Coughlin in action for years. His body of work just oozes Old School. Unlike other Old School stalwarts like Parcells, Coughlin isn't in the therapy business and won't waste time on head games. I believe he will find other options. Options that are not turnover prone. Wouldn't be surprised if the Giant don't sign an FA RB this week. Notwithstanding, if A. Brown were healthy, we wouldn't see Wilson until either they are out of contention or next year.

Looks like I may have wasted a late 3rd rounder on him. Hopefully he'll get another chance.

Yeah well, I got you beat. I have him and L. Miller.

I actually had Wilson in the line up until Saturday when (divine intervetion?) I suddenly decided to switch him out for Bush in the Flex.

Based on how Coughlin was talking they need him and will work on his fumbling issues in practice. I think he gets one more chance. Maybe not starting or most reps but some action to see if he is still worth what he should be.

I agree with you but I think if Scott comes out and produces next week though we ( Wilson owners) are in trouble.

I don't think they really have much of a choice but to start him next week. It's not line anyone that comes in will be ready to play this week. Of course, I guess it doesn't take much prep work to take the ball and run toward the goal posts.