[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CAR / TB - Unofficial Game Thread

darin3

Agree. But if you watch the play he does pick it up on the one and is definitely in a passing position in my opinion. On the other one I don't recall him running for his life, he basically just flopped down on top of the ball, which I agree wouldn't be a sack.

Yeah that sounds right, not sure about all the specifics of how those plays are scored. The scoring of a sack is somewhat subjective (was he trying to pass), and not even sure if it is defined in NFL rules or just a guideline used by those scoring the game. Also not sure if the spot where the QB picks the ball up from matters, the line of scrimmage doesn't change so where he is tackled is still counted as a loss or gain from that.

Funny thing is, if we're not playing fantasy football we probably don't care. (Also why trying to say who had how many sacks before it was an official stat.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that sounds right, not sure about all the specifics of how those plays are scored. The scoring of a sack is somewhat subjective (was he trying to pass), and not even sure if it is defined in NFL rules or just a guideline used by those scoring the game. Also not sure if the spot where the QB picks the ball up from matters, the line of scrimmage doesn't change so where he is tackled is still counted as a loss or gain from that.

Funny thing is, if we're not playing fantasy football we probably don't care. (Also why trying to say who had how many sacks before it was an official stat.

Yeah I hear ya. Hoping my matchup isn't close enough for it to matter...and yep fantasy football, causing people to scrutinize a random play in a more or less bad Thursday night game ha....and yeah I had the iPod w my score on it and it updated to a sack right after it happened then a minute later it was taken off. That had me questioning the ruling on a play like this

I think we need your definition of "fair share." They'll most likely start the year at 0-8 and I see a maximum of 3 possible wins on their remaining schedule. That's not including the fact that at some point they'll start tanking for real if this continues.

I am only quoting Schiano, but without the " ". It was intended to be funny.

Edited by Papajohn

I am only quoting Schiano, but without the " ". It was intended to be funny.

Gotcha - apologies. I think they have a legit shot to lose out, with maybe a win against St Louis on the road? I suppose they could trap someone too but broken teams (like the Jags) aren't very good at pulling off a trap win.