[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heeeeeeee's BAAAAaaaackkkK!

Seahawks21

Well the owner GM hired the coach, so ultimately you blame him.

THIS. 1000X this. I would be terrified of the Cowboys if Jerry gave up the GM duties, took a backseat and let football people run the show. Since the start of the 1997 season until now, their record is 132-132 (credit SI's Don Banks). That is unreal with all the talent and coaches they have had their. The one constant factor: Jerry. He is his own worst enemy. And the main reason the Cowboys mediocrity.

I was watching this game on NFL replay last night and when Dez scored his second TD they showed a stat (during the game, not added during the edit for Replay) that it was the 9th time Dez has scored 2+ TDs, and the Cowboys were 1-7 (now 1-8) in those games. Knowing the reuslts and all the heat Dez took it was hilarious.

Was also amusing to watch him on the sideline, they showed a lot of it include the censored audio. Also had several teammates/coaches (Romo, Garret) explaining how Dez just gets emotional, and is doing more rah-rah stuff on the sideline, not criticizing people. I noticed they didn't interview or show Witten, or the other guy (coach or player who wasn't dressed for the game) pulling Dez away from Witten and apparently telling him to GUMMI BEAR/chill out.

THIS. 1000X this. I would be terrified of the Cowboys if Jerry gave up the GM duties, took a backseat and let football people run the show. Since the start of the 1997 season until now, their record is 132-132 (credit SI's Don Banks). That is unreal with all the talent and coaches they have had their. The one constant factor: Jerry. He is his own worst enemy. And the main reason the Cowboys mediocrity.

I saw that show on NFL net with Jimmy Johnson, where Jimmy explained why Jerry is, well, Jerry. He told the reporter that Jerry told him "Nobody cares if I make millions of dollars on a good deal, but when the Cowboys win everyone pays attention", "I just want to have some fun too". Basically saying he wants to be a major part of the Cowboys winning and be a major part in the reason why. So deep down he is compelled to meddle in all the personnel moves in order to be able to say "see, I can do this football thing". Come hell or high water he's going to be able to take credit for the Cowboys winning. Problem is, he sucks at it. Worst thing that happened is winning with Barry Switzer, even though it was Jimmy Johnson's team. Since then then team is a mediocre 8-8 team.

I guess I can't blame the guy, if I owned the Cowboys, NO, if I owned the Cowboys I would find a great coach and leave him alone. What he doesn't realize is that when the Cowboys win, he wins regardless if he is making the personnel decision or not. He can easily take credit for the personnel decisions because he was responsible for bringing in a coach that can get the right personnel. AND he rights the checks.

Egomaniacal fool that's all. With Garrett we are getting good players that are soft. They can play but they can't seem to stay on the field.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I saw that show on NFL net with Jimmy Johnson, where Jimmy explained why Jerry is, well, Jerry. He told the reporter that Jerry told him "Nobody cares if I make millions of dollars on a good deal, but when the Cowboys win everyone pays attention", "I just want to have some fun too". Basically saying he wants to be a major part of the Cowboys winning and be a major part in the reason why. So deep down he is compelled to meddle in all the personnel moves in order to be able to say "see, I can do this football thing". Come hell or high water he's going to be able to take credit for the Cowboys winning. Problem is, he sucks at it. Worst thing that happened is winning with Barry Switzer, even though it was Jimmy Johnson's team. Since then then team is a mediocre 8-8 team.

I guess I can't blame the guy, if I owned the Cowboys, NO, if I owned the Cowboys I would find a great coach and leave him alone. What he doesn't realize is that when the Cowboys win, he wins regardless if he is making the personnel decision or not. He can easily take credit for the personnel decisions because he was responsible for bringing in a coach that can get the right personnel. AND he rights the checks.

Egomaniacal fool that's all. With Garrett we are getting good players that are soft. They can play but they can't seem to stay on the field.

He is not winning anytime soon with things the way they are. I could almost guarantee that if he hired a competent GM and Coach and took a HUGE step back, they'd be Super Bowl contenders perennially within three years. But that will never, ever happen.

I do know that something is seriously wrong with the Cowboys because they blow so many games that they should win and if they had won all of those games they would be one of the best teams in the league. The team has all the talent necessary to be a championship contender at the very least if not Super Bowl.

It's really quite sad that all this potential is going to waste when they could be a spectacular team.

Would love to see Jerry Jones removed if he truly is the heart of the problem.