[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Midseason report from huddle subscribers what is your teams record and what place are you in?

FatalFact

Work league, 6-2, winning with smoke and mirrors (and Knowshon).

Money league (sig below) 3-5 and 8th place out of 10. PPR league with #1 WR Roddy White, #2 WR Bowe, and #1 RB was Martin; need I say more :-(

:shocking:

Wait........ what?

This would never fly in any of my leagues or any leagues I could fathom existing. Do your leaguemates know about this?

Yes, everyone in the league knows. It became a running joke in our league after the buyer started offering different teams different payouts depending on their record at the time. I had the best record and most points so he offered me the most. The commish actually had to send out a warning to everyone that you can only buy/sell your team once in a season and you had to do it before week 7 (so you owned the team you purchased for at least half the season).

Work league. Great players. Never had a collusion issue since we started it about six years back.

The buyer argued that he was simply trying to make an "investment". and to stop him would be un-American. We all agreed.

I was actually going to start a thread about it on The Huddle when I was first debating to sell the team, but I thought everyone would think I was some type of sellout (which I guess I am). Please don't lecture me on the ethics of it. To be honest, I have some regret about doing it since I've never won the league and this was a hot start, but the deal was sweet enough to pull the trigger. The buyer just wants his name on the trophy, and I took him for his money.

Also, it would be a dream to turn his old team (my new team) around, but I think that ship is starting to sail.

Edited by faceplant

Yes, everyone in the league knows. It became a running joke in our league after the buyer started offering different teams different payouts depending on their record at the time. I had the best record and most points so he offered me the most. The commish actually had to send out a warning to everyone that you can only buy/sell your team once in a season and you had to do it before week 7 (so you owned the team you purchased for at least half the season).

Work league. Great players. Never had a collusion issue since we started it about six years back.

The buyer argued that he was simply trying to make an "investment". and to stop him would be un-American. We all agreed.

I was actually going to start a thread about it on The Huddle when I was first debating to sell the team, but I thought everyone would think I was some type of sellout (which I guess I am). Please don't lecture me on the ethics of it. To be honest, I have some regret about doing it since I've never won the league and this was a hot start, but the deal was sweet enough to pull the trigger. The buyer just wants his name on the trophy, and I took him for his money.

Also, it would be a dream to turn his old team (my new team) around, but I think that ship is starting to sail.

If he's in it as an investment, may I ask what the entry fee and payout is? Just curious...

I would never want my name on any fantasy trophy if I did not build and run the team myself. I would never feel right about it but to each their own I guess. It definitely would not happen in the leagues I play in.

• Like 1

This is why we Huddle. You spend enough time in the barn and something is bound to rub off on your fur. Never heard of this approach before but it's an interesting option. Will discuss with my bandmates for next year.

If he's in it as an investment, may I ask what the entry fee and payout is? Just curious...

I would never want my name on any fantasy trophy if I did not build and run the team myself. I would never feel right about it but to each their own I guess. It definitely would not happen in the leagues I play in.

Sure, no problem.

So there's actually two leagues of 10 here at work. $50 buy in. $1000 total.

If you finish 1st in your respective league, you get $200

If you win out your respective league, you get $200 (playoffs wks 14+15)

In week 16, we have the winners from each league play for the trophy and the final $200

Here's the deal I cut with the guy who bought my team: He gets the first $200 this team earns, everything beyond that, we split.

The way I looked at it, my opportunity for payout went from 0-600 to 200-400. They buyer screwed himself, he's not really going to make out unless he wins out of the league, but as I said he just wants his name on the trophy and he doesn't care what it takes to get there. To be honest, I don't think he cares about the money. I know he bets a lot more than our entry fee every week on games.

I'm with you, I wouldn't feel good about it unless it was a team I assembled myself.

5-3, 4th place. My WR situation is UGLY after losing Julio Jones, but nevertheless I am on a 4-game win streak. Knowshon Moreno and Marshawn Lynch have been carrying my team :oops:

Team #1 6-2 and in 2nd place. Only loss so far has been Murray for the last 2 weeks. Should be 7-1, but started Carolina D over Cincy last week.

Team #2 5-3 and also in 2nd place. After losing Julio then Cobb in back to back weeks I figured I would be screwed the rest of the season. If RGIII doesn't turn it around I probably will be. I'd love to win, but with the injuries this season I'm not sure that will be possible with this team. Would be nice to get to the big game though.

Should have added I am a first year subscriber, but didn't get in until a few weeks into the season so I haven't been able to use the draft kit. I used a VBD type draft this year for the first time and it seemed to work pretty well, but I am very interested in keggerz research on the CV and Zero QB Theorem.

Great article keg I couldn't agree with you more on the overvaluation of QBs. I tried the top 3 QB draft strategy last season and I ended up with a hot start that didn't last and floundered into the playoffs.

Edited by Rimmytose

This is why we Huddle. You spend enough time in the barn and something is bound to rub off on your fur. Never heard of this approach before but it's an interesting option. Will discuss with my bandmates for next year.

I am going to go ahead and ask that nobody rub anything off on my fur. TIA.

• 6-2, 1st, 8-team friends money keeper league <-ironically, this is the league that I 'care' the most about because its over a decade old and comes with big bragging rights
  • 6-2, 2nd, 8-team friends money keeper league
  • 5-3, 3rd, 14-team money keeper league
  • 6-2, 2nd, 12-team money keeper league
  • 7-1, 1st, 12-team money redraft league

Started out 4-0 in one league and traded that team to another owner for his 0-4 team plus $200. Now my new 0-4 team is 2-6.

But I'm $200 richer. And I still have some stake in my old team if they win the championship.

4-4 in my other league.

Wow ,, can't say anything else on the subject except the closest I have ever heard of something like this is leagues that allow trading players and picks for blind bid $$ ,, I'm not apart of any of those but not against the idea.

My teams ( not counting my draft and goes )

7-1 , 7-1, 6-2 , 2 -6 , rebuilding in this last team & have (3) 2014 1st (3) 2014 2nds

Oh to add ,,, in this league where I'm 7-1 my appointment is starting Cutler who is listed as Out

He reason is his roster if full , his IR is full and has man love for current players so he doesn't want to drop one.

There is one starting QB left on the waivers too , its Campbell

You can see his roster & my first place team hear , FYI , I have a bid in on Campbell already ( all fair in FF )

http://www11.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/33059

Am I reading this correcty? You expected to have a better record based on "bang for your buck" being a Huddle subscriber? So it's the site's fault you're doing so poorly? :thinking:

Yes you are reading that correctly and I have no bones admiting it. I did also say that I have had some bad luck in terms of matchups each week. Each week I'm projected to score about 150 or so and one week I ended up scoring like 30 something. You can get mad at me for speaking the truth but I followed the advice from site (You know the thing we actually pay for) and the results are very mixed. I know the successs rates in player projections is rougly around the 40-60 % area for even some of the best projection analysts. Yes, I know I spoke negativly about the site and should now be mocked but I am just stating the truth.

Yes you are reading that correctly and I have no bones admiting it. I did also say that I have had some bad luck in terms of matchups each week. Each week I'm projected to score about 150 or so and one week I ended up scoring like 30 something. You can get mad at me for speaking the truth but I followed the advice from site (You know the thing we actually pay for) and the results are very mixed. I know the successs rates in player projections is rougly around the 40-60 % area for even some of the best projection analysts. Yes, I know I spoke negativly about the site and should now be mocked but I am just stating the truth.

Which automatic part did they not do correctly for you? Do you consider it a failure of the huddle that it did not auto-pick your draft correctly, the Huddle not auto-picking your Waivers correctly, or auto-setting your lineups correctly against your opponents?

And the truth that I believe in is using Start-bench, a little projection thrown in, free agent forecast, and a little bit of 2 other Huddle weekly articles. The other 95% is luck.

Edited by Joessfl

7th place out of 10 in my paid league at 4-4, two of those losses were by less than 5 points earlier in the year including one where Julio Jones got a bomb with 20 seconds left in the game (Atlanta shouldn't have even ever gotten the ball back in the first place) and last week I was tied with my opponent with Marshawn Lynch to go while he had Mason Crosby the kicker to go. Crosby scored 15 and Lynch scored 2.

Yes, my RB1 got outscored hardcore by a kicker and cost me the match... utter bullhonda.

If it was based on points scored for then I would be in second place.

Head to head fantasy is just so stupid and frustrating because it brings a ridiculous amount of luck into the equation. Everything should be based on points scored plain and simple.

• Like 1

Agreed. Its all luck based but the total point format is much less so (More chances to get a win if you score big. headtoHead you can score big but still take a loss cuase you ran into a team bigger). Both are fun but I never look at it as a source of income otherwise I go insane each Sunday. The total points is good too, but I find I dont trash talk when its not head-to-head. either format, I set my lineup and go do something for the 1st set of games. I dont think many blame the huddle for anything. Its advice and that is all it is.

Dude, seriously look at that comparison. $26 a year for the Huddle. Its advice. If you dont like it, I get that you have a voice, but its a bit petty to bad mouth something that is not a given science and mostly luck. This site is good for me some years, other years, I follow their advice and went 3-10. I cant blame the Huddle for that.

And yours is a bad example, since all stocks are speculative, just some more than others. Its not guaranteed, just like FFL advice isnt guaranteed.

If it was my stockbroker who was advising me to put all my eggs into speculative stocks, and they tank, then who am i to blame? Him? No, I am the idiot.

If my stockbroker was advising me to put all my eggs into a conservative stock and it tanked? Who am I to blame? Him? No, he gave the best advice, and you cant predict that.

If my stockbroker was advising me to put all my eggs into a conservative stock and it only made 1% a year? Who am I to blame? Him? No, I take the hit for lost opportunity.

If I gave all my money to my stockbroker and told him to do what he wished, and he loses my money do I blame him? No, I am the idiot.

Would you give all your money to a stockbroker in any of those situations?

Edited by Joessfl

It's paid advice..there is a difference.... If you had a stock broker tanking your portfolio would you be wrong in providing feedback?

No, but that is obviously a different animal. No guarantees in either one, but its far more reasonable to expect your FA to put you on a path to financial success than to expect fantasy projections (paid or otherwise) to lead you straight to fantasy success. There are entirely too many variables to make projecting fantasy stats anything but a very inexact science to be used as a tool but not gospel.

Edited by Delicious_bass
  • Like 1

But I am trying to study for my Series 7, so if youd like me to give you advice, let me know. Then you can blame me for losing your money. :razz:

No, but that is obviously a different animal. No guarantees in either one, but its far more reasonable to expect your FA to put you on a path to financial success than to expect fantasy projections (paid or otherwise) to lead you straight to fantasy success. There are entirely too many variables to make projecting fantasy stats anything but a very inexact science to be used as a tool but not gospel.

If someone comes up with the Index Fund equivalent for FFL, they're going to be rolling in paid subscribers. As you point out, pretty much no chance that'll get figured out. In the meantime, pick the guru that you like, roll with your instincts, and enjoy.

The Huddle has done me right more times than not - I have objective performance data to back this up, although others' performance may vary.

• Like 1

The Huddle has done me right more times than not - I have objective performance data to back this up, although others' performance may vary.

That right there should be the prospectus line at the bottom of the huddle home page. LOL

GENERIC NAME: temazepam

BRAND NAME: Restoril

DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Temazepam is a drug that is used for treating anxiety. It is in the benzodiazepine class of drugs, the same family that includes diazepam (Valium), alprazolam (Xanax), clonazepam (Klonopin), flurazepam (Dalmane), lorazepam (Ativan), and others. Temazepam and other benzodiazepines act by enhancing the effects of gamma- aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain. GABA is a neurotransmitter (a chemical messenger that nerve cells use to communicate with each other) that inhibits many of the activities of the brain. It is believed that excessive activity in the brain may lead to anxiety or other psychiatric disorders and that temazepam reduces the activity. Temazepam increases total sleep time. The FDA approved temazepam in February 1981.

• Like 1