[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Championship Trophies

eataylor87

Good day!

I am looking to put together a champions trophy for my league full of college buddies. We have been going at it since early in our college days (7-8 years), but haven't had a consistent group or structure for the last 3-4 years. I want to make the trophy unique but within a range that won't exceed $100. Obviously would want engravings ... probably for around 10-20 "years" ... retroactive a few years (so it would be nice to have it come engraved).

I figure there have to be quite a few on these boards who have league trophies. If you have any recommendations for a site to use or a specific trophy that is really popular and/or unique, I'd love suggestions!

I forget what our trophy is think it is a football player and in one hand the guy is holding a small thing made to look like a TV remote.

Our league has been around 20 years and we had to add another place (on back I think) to put the new plates for the winners after we ran out of room. So consider that if you're going to have it for a long time. Doubt it cost that much, our league commish paid for it himself back in the early years.

I have a stained piece of wood, on a base of stained wood with a Heisman figure off to the left and the name of the League on a big plaque going across the top.

It's front is filled with 12 years of past Winner's name, team name and year won. Next year we start on the back. I think the trophy itself was $40 and each plaque is about $12

The league I commish invested in a trophy about 8 years ago with engravings to be passed from league champion to league champion annually. Unfortunately, with owners scattered up and down the east coast, the trophy has not fared well with shipping. I'm proposing to the league we move to some sort of plaque that can capture past winners and at least 10-20 winners going forward. Prices seem to be around $100 plus engraving if we can't move the originals over.

Yeah our trophy is pretty big (tall) and wouldn't fare well with shipping either. All our owners are local so the commish just gets it at the beginning of the year (previous winner brings it to the draft) and then delivers it to the winner with their winnings after the season is over.

For our office league I scored an antique sterling "loving cup" off Ebay and mounted it on a wooden platform. Then had plates attached. Nice. For the family trophy I went with a large "Heismen" figure on a wooden platform w/brass plates attached.

Edited by MothAudio

The league championship trophy was awarded to the champions for NFL for long years ago. I really like to support you for your board of trophy idea, I trophy will look more attractive and players will remember about trophy after getting it.

Ok in English now please ;)

• 1 year later...

How would you guys feel about engraving past champions onto a trophy that you're introducing. Have a league that's been going on for the past 3 years. Want to introduce a trophy for this year's winners but dunno how to approach past years winners

Don't see why not, and not sure it would matter how many years. If you never had a trophy and now create one, why not recognize the champs that won before the trophy. We've had one almost since the beginning and had some new plates added to add more champs as we've gone, going on 20 years or more now. Funny thing is I know several of the winners pretty much just stuck the trophy in their closet, since it clashed with everything else in the house (according to wifey).

Championship belt a la WWF is where it's at!

Do you wear it or just display it?