[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Justin Blackmon

Chloroform Rx

Interesting question, have not heard his name mentioned in this issue. I think we're likely to hear something by tomorrow as the NFLPA reps are said to be voting today. I have Gordon and if he is reinstated my receiving core is looking ridiculous, although Toby Gerhert in my backfield may be an issue. :ball:

Nobody really knows. Sounds like the suspension lifting is very targeted to specific players (Gordon/Welker). Not sure if it is because the rules apply to their cases, preferred treatment, based on when they were suspended or all of the above. Seems like the NFL is opening the door to players suspended in the past to claim they were wrongfully punished if other who were punished under the old guidelines suddenly have the new guidelines applied to them.

Seems like a complete mess to me.

The two big things I heard in the new rules that specifically affect Welker and Gordon

Gordon - increased limits in the test for MJ in your system, his last test that he failed and was suspended for would be under the new limits

Welker - use of amphetamines during the off season would fall under the substance abuse policy/program and not as PED, the PED failed test for Welker meant immediate suspension, presumably as a substance abuse failed test it would be his first in the program with no immediate suspension.

Those two appear to be very special, and happened very recently. Those arguing to lift or redo those suspensions according to the new rules seem to feel that is warranted because this new drug testing policy was in the works for a long time, and "they shouldn't be penalized for it taking so long."

I call BS on the last part and stand by my "rules are rules at the time you broke them". What I don't like about this is it is more softening of the rules, in a time when the NFL is taking heat for being too soft, or wishy-washy in their punishments.

I call BS on the last part and stand by my "rules are rules at the time you broke them". What I don't like about this is it is more softening of the rules, in a time when the NFL is taking heat for being too soft, or wishy-washy in their punishments.

And this is why I don't see Welker or Gordon's suspensions being reduced. With all the backlash from the Ray Rice incident, the NFL can ill afford to come off as weak, under any circumstances.

And this is why I don't see Welker or Gordon's suspensions being reduced. With all the backlash from the Ray Rice incident, the NFL can ill afford to come off as weak, under any circumstances.

Honestly at this point, nothing would surprise me. I think the only thing Goodell and the NFL front office has proven in the last few months is that they are completely unpredictable.

• Like 1

The NFL won't look weak if they reinstate Gordon and Welker. Reality is that their drug policies have been outdated for years and are the strictest in sports by a country mile. It's pretty ridiculous.

Other than the Olympics. NFL drug testing, PED testing is a complete joke that everyone seems to be happy ignoring.

Other than the Olympics. NFL drug testing, PED testing is a complete joke that everyone seems to be happy ignoring.

I thought the NFL limits for testing for MJ were still much lower than the Olympics.

Even if they were outdated, you change them, and don't retroactively apply them to prior suspensions because "it took to long to get them changed".

Any reports on what kind of shape Blackmon is in? I'd think Welker is in better shape as he got dinged just prior to suspension and Gordon may not have had enough time to get too far out of shape depending on who he's hanging out with, but Blackmon could be a butterball by now .. any insights?

Any reports on what kind of shape Blackmon is in? I'd think Welker is in better shape as he got dinged just prior to suspension and Gordon may not have had enough time to get too far out of shape depending on who he's hanging out with, but Blackmon could be a butterball by now .. any insights?

The lack of news surrounding him and the new rules makes me think that any suspension for him would still be valid.