[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks could move back to AFC West.

Tripleshot

On this topic how and why did the cowboys ever get in the NFC East? By geography, we're clearly not.

On this topic how and why did the cowboys ever get in the NFC East? By geography, we're clearly not.

They were in the same division as the Eagles and Redskins before the AFL-NFL merger. So to keep the rivalries they stayed in what became the NFC East and I think it was also with the Saints who got switched out for the Giants. Originally it was just called the Capitol division.

It still made no sense because the NFL conferences were East and West pre-merger but Dallas were in the East and teams like Baltimore and Atlanta were in the West.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie

They were in the same division as the Eagles and Redskins before the AFL-NFL merger. So to keep the rivalries they stayed in what became the NFC East and I think it was also with the Saints who got switched out for the Giants. Originally it was just called the Capitol division.

It still made no sense because the NFL conferences were East and West pre-merger but Dallas were in the East and teams like Baltimore and Atlanta were in the West.

and they wonder why kids are bad at geography

• Like 1

That article fails to point out that the Rams lease runs out after the 2014 season as well and the current owner bought a 300 acre parcel in Orange County last year. I'm liking the Rams/Raiders switch better.

Second time you've posted something to this effect in the last day or so. San Diego really THAT concerned about the Chargers moving? Or is it just you?

One (unsubstantiated) rumor around STL is that Kroenke wants to sell. Some guy named Dave Peacock here is heading a group (trying) to buy the team and received some kind of unknown extension to get the city's act together. Whether or not the team stays here or moves, people here in STL are VERY leery about throwing public money (again) at a different billionaire for another free stadium to them. Personally, I get the feeling people in and around STL are more apathetic about the team than ever before. Or maybe just worn about the whole song and dance playing out right now with it all - move..., stay..., give the Rams more public money for another stadium, etc.

Second time you've posted something to this effect in the last day or so. San Diego really THAT concerned about the Chargers moving? Or is it just you?

O

:huh: I'm not concerned about the Chargers moving one bit. Not sure where you got that idea. Spanos has gone on record several times stating the Chargers are staying in San Diego. The new stadium proposal would plop them right next to the Padres downtown.

As far as the Rams go, I've been saying the same thing for over a year now. The Raiders potential move just puts more kindling on the fire.

Edited by tazinib1

:huh: I'm not concerned about the Chargers moving one bit. Not sure where you got that idea. Spanos has gone on record several times stating the Chargers are staying in San Diego. The new stadium proposal would plop them right next to the Padres downtown.

As far as the Rams go, I've been saying the same thing for over a year now. The Raiders potential move just puts more kindling on the fire.

Kind of why I asked. From prior experience, whenever somebody makes the same point, there's usually an underlying (strong) feeling about that subject, that's all I saw and where I'm coming from. Also thought maybe you had a different perspective on it (being more local than I am to SD).

Personally, I say let the Rams go (mainly it's about "take Kroenke") - as long as the NFL lets us take the Jags and bring Shahid Khan home! (or close enough)

hey, Missouri is in the SEC East, these things happen.

And Notre Dame is in the ACC. On what part of the Atlantic Coast does Indiana reside???

I am soooo over it with the college conference realignment bullhonda.

Yep first AFL season in 1960, moved to San Diego in 61.

Yes. They spent their 1st season [1960] in LA before moving to San Diego the following year. We actually lived in LA in '66-67, so it's all good. I didn't start following football until Super Bowl I.