[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ingram is good

kevin81mvp

I've always wanted to see what he could do if treated as an actual starting running back and not just 1 guy in a 3-man committee. If he continues to play well I wonder what he will decide to do in the off season. Being an unrestricted free agent he may get better offers to go elsewhere. And even if he doesn't he may choose to go to a team that is planning on making him there workhorse back

People are funny. Ingram has a beast game, and everyone praises him. Denard Robinson has his first big game (last week) and it's because of the run D he was facing. Ingram feasted on a terrible run D yesterday too. So why can the same arguments not apply?

Oh let me guess, it's because the argument has now changed to that Ingram has the pedigree...

People are funny. Ingram has a beast game, and everyone praises him. Denard Robinson has his first big game (last week) and it's because of the run D he was facing. Ingram feasted on a terrible run D yesterday too. So why can the same arguments not apply?

Oh let me guess, it's because the argument has now changed to that Ingram has the pedigree...

Weeks 1 & 2 Ingram put up very good stats, almost top 5 numbers in fact and the Saints were showing what they'd stated in the off season that Ingram was going to be more of a focal point in the offense. Ingram has also shown in the past that he is, in fact capable of having big games, but was never really given enough of an opportunity to show what he could do as an every down back and not just a rotational player. Add to that the fact that the Saints look to have an outstanding run-blocking line this year and look to be much more committed to the run. They are currently 2nd in the league in average per attempt & 7th overall in rushing. All signs point to Ingram having his "breakout" season as long as he can stay healthy and despite the presence of Pierre Thomas & Khiry Robinson.

On the other hand you have Denard Robinson who has taken over a year just to be allowed to stand on the sideline other than in an absolute need basis. He was a college QB who was drafted to be an "athlete," but has never fit into any specific position. He has been thrown back & forth between WR & RB because he wasn't good at either one & now that he's finally getting playing time (out of desperation) has gained more yardage off of gimmicky plays than just good running. Oh, & BTW, he plays for the Jaguars. He may very well be finally getting it together, but you can hardly compare the potential or the expectations of the two.

• Like 2

Weeks 1 & 2 Ingram put up very good stats, almost top 5 numbers in fact and the Saints were showing what they'd stated in the off season that Ingram was going to be more of a focal point in the offense. Ingram has also shown in the past that he is, in fact capable of having big games, but was never really given enough of an opportunity to show what he could do as an every down back and not just a rotational player. Add to that the fact that the Saints look to have an outstanding run-blocking line this year and look to be much more committed to the run. They are currently 2nd in the league in average per attempt & 7th overall in rushing. All signs point to Ingram having his "breakout" season as long as he can stay healthy and despite the presence of Pierre Thomas & Khiry Robinson.

On the other hand you have Denard Robinson who has taken over a year just to be allowed to stand on the sideline other than in an absolute need basis. He was a college QB who was drafted to be an "athlete," but has never fit into any specific position. He has been thrown back & forth between WR & RB because he wasn't good at either one & now that he's finally getting playing time (out of desperation) has gained more yardage off of gimmicky plays than just good running. Oh, & BTW, he plays for the Jaguars. He may very well be finally getting it together, but you can hardly compare the potential or the expectations of the two.

Freaking phone...no, about shoelace playing for the jags so he can't be compared to ingram

It's about opportunity and consistency. The Jags offense is just not that good and likely won't be for a while. You're not going to be able to rely on them to keep finding creative ways to get him the ball, not unless your other pieces, namely Bortles & the passing game, is working. The entire offense is going to be hit-or-miss and will often be playing from behind which will limit carries as a runner. Sure, that may mean some dump-offs which may help in PPR, but I just don't see that it will be enough to make him a consistent option in a lineup. Flex option upside could be great, but in comparison with Ingram, who I see as a solid RB2 going forward, I don't see Robinson deserving of the same level of "praise" as marcheese put it.

That said, if you're expecting the same from Ingram against Carolina this week then you may want to temper your excitement a little bit. I'm betting on a low scoring game against that defense. He may not even break 100 yds but I do think he'll get some touches in the red zone.

• Like 1

For the record, right now the Saints are 7th in rushing yards and 2nd in yards per carry and also have one of the top offenses over all. Could be a fluke since the Saints played some soft run defenses but their run game has improved, and if they decide to increase Ingram's use he could be a nice play from here on out. But the commitee could end up returning.

For the record, right now the Saints are 7th in rushing yards and 2nd in yards per carry and also have one of the top offenses over all. Could be a fluke since the Saints played some soft run defenses but their run game has improved, and if they decide to increase Ingram's use he could be a nice play from here on out. But the commitee could end up returning.

Even with the "committee" in weeks 1 and 2 ingram produced as a top 10 RB if not higher. I think hes a high end RB2 the rest of the way.

Do you think he'll get 24 carries when these guys are back? This wk was only the 2nd time he's 20+ carries IN HIS CAREER.

Let's keep in mind also he had 3 good games this yr against 3 teams that are in the top 7 in rush yards against..as in , they give up the most yds.

10 carries 16 yds against Detroit. Jury's still out on Ingram IMO

Do you think he'll get 24 carries when these guys are back? This wk was only the 2nd time he's 20+ carries IN HIS CAREER.

Let's keep in mind also he had 3 good games this yr against 3 teams that are in the top 7 in rush yards against..as in , they give up the most yds.

I was impressed with how he looked against the Packers but with that said, I think some reflection is in order...

Week 10 (2013) 14-145-1 rushing against the Cowboys

Week 11 (2013) 6-25-0

Weeks 11-15 (2013) 27-88-0

Edited by keggerz

Which is why I'm saying that I believe he will be a RB2 and not a RB1. Week 1 with only 13 carries he picked up 60 yds & 2 TDs. Week 2 was only 11 carries for 83 yds & a TD. I do believe that Payton is going to start giving him more touches than that and judging by what I've seen on the field and not in the stat line, he's running with much more confidence, much more authority and more importantly, much more patience.

Prepare yourselves Ingram owners. I just faced him in two leagues in back to back weeks. Unless I go against him in another league next week, your little joy ride is over! Bwah ha hah ha haaaaa!

In that case I will place him waivers today