[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Locker retiring

Couple of draft reports from 2011 questioned his love for the game and over the years in Tennessee it became clear he didn't love playing Football.

I'd say that was hard to judge since he was injured most of the time

Couple of draft reports from 2011 questioned his love for the game and over the years in Tennessee it became clear he didn't love playing Football.

Clear to who?...you? Why would a guy who didn't love the game stay an extra year in college before the rookie salary cap and give up tens of millions? Dude suffered a lot of major injuries and all I heard was how he was the consummate locker room and film room guy. Speculation is that he may now go into high school coaching.

ETA: Granted - I'm acquainted with the guy and thought he might struggle in the NFL; but his desire to play football wasn't something that anyone I knew questioned (certainly wasn't aware it was called out in draft reports).

Edited by Bobby Brown

Clear to who?...you? Why would a guy who didn't love the game stay an extra year in college before the rookie salary cap and give up tens of millions? Dude suffered a lot of major injuries and all I heard was how he was the consummate locker room and film room guy. Speculation is that he may now go into high school coaching.

ETA: Granted - I'm acquainted with the guy and thought he might struggle in the NFL; but his desire to play football wasn't something that anyone I knew questioned (certainly wasn't aware it was called out in draft reports).

Because I read reports beforehand that said he didn't love the game. Doesn't mean you can't be a great locker room guy and do lots of work off the field. I spend loads of extra unpaid hours doing my job but I certainly don't love it.

If it was all about money then Locker wouldn't have retired considering he'd have got a decent salary to challenge as a starter somewhere, so clearly something else was at play when he decided to return for another year in college.

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/575396685733457920

This was one that was mentioned yesterday for example.