[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CJ Anderson's stock solidifying?

irish

??

The first-team linemen are rookie left tackle Ty Sambrailo, left guard Ben Garland, center Gino Gradkowski, Vasquez and right tackle Chris Clark.

That group combined for only 23 starts in the NFL last year, all by Vasquez and Clark. The line is learning the zone system, which stresses mobility and combo blocks.

I will admit I don't follow offensive linemen very closely, I rely on reports as to how the line comes together, but the reports I've come across state that the lost some players and are using inexperienced players in their place.

Kubiak says he believes in having a bellcow running back. He doesn't even specify CJ as the bellcow. So if CJ falters as the bellcow, Ball will take over as the bellcow running back instead of it being a RBBC.

Coach speak, CJ is the guy...to start the season.

There is no doubt Anderson is getting the first crack at it. His pass pro is way better and he's a one cut runner which is what Kubiak wants.

I'd say if you're that concerned, then take Ball late in the draft to insure your Anderson pick. But iv been tracking Anderson since the 2013 preseason, I'm surprised he didn't take the job before now. i wouldn't count on the other guys taking it back.

Is the line a concern - yes, primarily due to inexperience.

Is Anderson the likely bellcow for this team - yes, for the time being

Is this a powerful offense where you would want the bellcow - yes

Risk/Reward is all it is. I wouldn't advocate for Anderson as a #1 pick much less a top 5 overall pick this year, but if I am picking in the late 1st/early 2nd and he is there, he will definitely be on my very short list of players I am considering, as he does have the realistic potential to be a top 2-3 overall back this year, it's just that there is enough risk involved to go with that potential that he only justifies a 9-15 overall pick, at least in my book.

Now, if reports from camp are that he is looking real good or more importantly that the O-Line is really gelling and coming together nicely, I would consider bumping him up a little higher. Similarly, if the O-Line looks like Swiss Cheese or Anderson looks poor in camp, we would knock him back a few pegs. No different than any other player.

• Like 3

Is the line a concern - yes, primarily due to inexperience.

Is Anderson the likely bellcow for this team - yes, for the time being

Is this a powerful offense where you would want the bellcow - yes

Risk/Reward is all it is. I wouldn't advocate for Anderson as a #1 pick much less a top 5 overall pick this year, but if I am picking in the late 1st/early 2nd and he is there, he will definitely be on my very short list of players I am considering, as he does have the realistic potential to be a top 2-3 overall back this year, it's just that there is enough risk involved to go with that potential that he only justifies a 9-15 overall pick, at least in my book.

Now, if reports from camp are that he is looking real good or more importantly that the O-Line is really gelling and coming together nicely, I would consider bumping him up a little higher. Similarly, if the O-Line looks like Swiss Cheese or Anderson looks poor in camp, we would knock him back a few pegs. No different than any other player.

This is pretty much my thinking

This is pretty much my thinking

I agree. However, sometimes in FF, you have to be a gambler. Playing it safe, more often than not, leaves you regretting. IMO, CJ is a player worth gambling on.

I agree. However, sometimes in FF, you have to be a gambler. Playing it safe, more often than not, leaves you regretting. IMO, CJ is a player worth gambling on.

Like BC said...it's a risk vs reward decision. But yeah...I agree that CJ is worth the risk.

In PPR? Hmmmmm

Yep, in PPR too.

I like Forte, but his targets are going to drop off a lot from last year with Trestman gone.

CJA is a good receiver and Peyton throws to his RBs a fair amount.

• Like 1

I'm a big Broncos fan and it just seemed like he was dominant at times last year. Since you'll need to invest heavily to get him (first rounder), even though he has only started half a season, Ball is almost a requirement for taking Anderson early. One of the best handcuff situations in the league this year, I think. CJ becomes a lot less scary if you have Ball for a backup.

In a vacuum...CJ > Forte IMO

Iv had Forte the last 2 seasons and he's down very well for me, so it's hard for me to go against him. But being a Denver fan and seeing Anderson make his way to the top instead of just being handed the job as Ball was last year gives me confidence that he's the real deal. I think Forte will be good still, but due to the loss of Brandon Marshall I think teams playing the bears will key on him more. Anderson has the benefit of being in an offense built for his running style and having Manning, the master of the check to the run, under center.

I'd say take Anderson and Ball