[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Bears trying to trade Martellus Bennett

Wolverines Fan

Bennett's always seemed a bit difficult, I remember that one year he spent in NY before going to Chitown. And it wasn't like the Giants were flush with good tight ends at the time. Seems like he has the skill and athleticism to be a great player though, when he wants to play...

Some pass heavy teams could put him to great use I'd bet. The Jets who rely so heavily on the passing game, Steelers with Miller retiring, Cardinals who could use a big redzone threat to complement Floyd, Rams perhaps who could seriously use some weapons in the passing game...

That said, I think this is probably more likely (from the article):

"On the other hand, if teams are convinced the Bears are done with Bennett and suspect they would cut him instead of carry him into next season, that could depress the level of compensation the Bears should expect."

The Bears do seem pretty done with him. Zach Miller stepped up really well in the middle of the season.

Edited by pun

Zach Miller is fragile as can be but he did step up and play well while staying healthy. You don't want to go into next season with him as your #1.

Apparently, this is a major problem, and as his targets started to decline, his injuries became too much to practice. There is zero trust at this point, and they won't be afraid to simply cut him, which they probably will.

Plenty of teams can use him and put up with his goofiness.