[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gates and the TE touchdown record

pegos

Sorry. Your'e right I skipped one lol....Fans in SD ALMOST don't care anymore...sad really. I forgot about the Browns and that should say a lot about what it's like here in the land of sun (just not lately). The Browns got thier team back. San Diego never will. I know I will miss them... just not for a few years. Farrow still suxors though and I would not trust him to do much if anything. The ding on Farrow will be if he gets you 5 or 6 pts. That's it. Gates is a strong afterthought and will get the record..eventually. Who's to say if this year or next? Hunter is open more...at least that's what I've seen (Full games for Chargers and RZ for all others fyi). still :doh: lol.. forgot what team is next week. WoW.

Sounds like you care about as much as I do, won.t even be watching most of the game. Not happy to see Chargers moving, lived in LA still family and friends there including a Bolt fan.

Merry Christmas:-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tied the record today and willing to come back next year.

TE Henry as the primary option, Gates as the redzone option. He can retire any week he wishes after the record.

And that is exactly the problem. He retires as soon as he has the record. You cannot draft him. He is of zero consideration next year.

I don't think Gates gets the record then retires. That would seriously tarnish his reputation IMO. He has always been a team first oriented player. What kind of selfish me first, screw you message does that send to teammates and fans?? He's a slam dunk first ballot HOF'er. He won't go out like that.

I don't think Gates gets the record then retires. That would seriously tarnish his reputation IMO. He has always been a team first oriented player. What kind of selfish me first, screw you message does that send to teammates and fans?? He's a slam dunk first ballot HOF'er. He won't go out like that.

I don't think it would be obvious. I think he would break the record and still play, gain another TD or 2, but the first sign of another injury (again) and the Chargers put him on IR so he still gets paid for the year. I don't think it will be a farewell tour of cities for him.

• Like 1

I don't think it would be obvious. I think he would break the record and still play, gain another TD or 2, but the first sign of another injury (again) and the Chargers put him on IR so he still gets paid for the year. I don't think it will be a farewell tour of cities for him.

Well that is also not "retiring as soon as he breaks the record". I agree he plays, breaks the record and continues to play. Of course a lot could depend on the new Chargers coach, and what they're willing (and are told) to do.