[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, one pretender is now gone

detlef

Miami has been an upset waiting to happen. Tonight, a very mediocre UNC team took them down. Major upset that, I think, should drop them out of the top 10.

Don't get me wrong, UNC played great, but Miami has been overrated all year.

Edited by detlef

Congrats on your fine win!

524365[/snapback]

Thanks, this is the biggest upsen in UNC football history. Before tonight, UNC had never beaten a top 5 program. This group of guys have had a tough year. The wolves have been after both Coach Bunting and AD Dick Baddour for the better part of the season. I do believe that this win gets them out of harm's way, for now, at least. What a way to roll into Halloween in Chapel Hill. The party tomorrow night is going be be Huge! Anybody ever been to Chapel Hill for Halloween? Good Stuff.

A great night for Tar Heels everywhere.

Thanks, this is the biggest upsen in UNC football history.  Before tonight, UNC had never beaten a top 5 program.  This group of guys have had a tough year.  The wolves have been after both Coach Bunting and AD Dick Baddour for the better part of the season.  I do believe that this win gets them out of harm's way, for now, at least.  What a way to roll into Halloween in Chapel Hill.  The party tomorrow night is going be be Huge!  Anybody ever been to Chapel Hill for Halloween?  Good Stuff.

A great night for Tar Heels everywhere.

524371[/snapback]

Cool. Gotta love the little guy. I would have never picked this to happen, but if it clears up the BCS picture, I am all for it.

Good deal. Now dont you have some drinking to do?

For Tarheel fans the unthinkable is possible, with 2 more wins (VaTech, Wake and Duke left) the Heels become bowl eligible.  :bigshock:  :D  :D

524406[/snapback]

Texas fans take notice...

You can actually win tough games with Mack Brown off somewhere else.

Lets say we try that this year.

B)

For Tarheel fans the unthinkable is possible, with 2 more wins (VaTech, Wake and Duke left) the Heels become bowl eligible.  :bigshock:  :D  :D

524406[/snapback]

'Ain't it crazy?

Honestly, this team is building momentum. We beat NC State at home and now this....

Also, UNC has lost to 4 quality programs:Utah, Louisville, UVA and FSU. 2 wins out of the last 3 is very possible...

'Ain't it crazy?

Honestly, this team is building momentum.  We beat NC State at home and now this....

Also, UNC has lost to 4 quality programs:Utah, Louisville, UVA and FSU.  2 wins out of the last 3 is very possible...

524473[/snapback]

Enjoy it while the gettin' is good! :D

Tar Heels Baby!

Where's canes2004?  Welcome to the ACC.

Coach Bunting just saved his job.

524358[/snapback]

I'm here. Don't patrol this board as much as the others so just now saw this post. As far as the game goes, well it was to be expected. Injuries and youth are starting to show on Miami's def front. UNC pretty much man-handled them running the ball and they deserved to win. I actually thought the 'canes would win this one easily but struggle at UVA. Never expected a title run this year and I never boasted as much either. Hats off to the 'Heels on their BIGGEST win ever. What was it? First victory over a top 5 school in their history or something like that? :D

As far as the ACC goes, having Miami join has does nothing but to strengthen the conference BIG TIME just like when FSU joined years ago. The ACC always played in the shadows of the SEC but now can claim to be a legit conference (were talking football here. I know the ACC is king in hoops so no need to bring it up) with the additons of Miami and VaTech so if your a football fan and an ACC fan, you should be happy to have us. Will do nothing but to help in recruiting for all ACC schools and when the conference title game comes into play next year, will make it one of top three conferences in the country behind the SEC but IMO ahead of the Big 12.

Not much of a fan of college football these last few years.... but my hat is off to two great programs:

Maryland and UNC.... :D

Way to go guys....!

Anytime a team from FL loses... it is great!

524386[/snapback]

Great programs sky? If your talking hoops, yeah. Football? No. You should watch a little more college ball sky. I know college football is pretty lame on the west coast but over here in the east it's pretty good.

And what's up with the pettyness (lol, is that even a word???) over the Fla. teams? Tired of seeing them at the top all these years?

Smack talk doesn't suit you sky.

Smack talk doesn't suit you sky.

529383[/snapback]

I know... never was any good at it. :D

As far as the great programs remark... that was ... nevermind. If I have to explain my sarcasam, irony, and tongue in cheek remarks, it just isn't going to make it.

I have always disliked Florida teams... even when I was just a itty bitty person... and any week that a FL team loses is a good week. (For me.)

This week I hit the trifecta... all three lost. You just can't beat that. Even with a stick. :D

At one time I watched every college game I could get my hands on... much more exciting that Pro... and seldom watched much Pro. Now I have moved on since you get Pro games on both Sat and Sun and Sat is my wife's day.

(Please tell me you didn't miss the 'Pro on Sat' meaning.... ) :D

>>Pettiness? Nah. I hate USC & UCLA just as much as I do FL schools. B)