[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CHIEFS RELEASE DE VONNIE HOLLIDAY

the_lung

Until we get someone in their front office who understands how to evaluate college talent, we will never make any noise in the playoffs...

It has been more than four years since we drafted an impact player in the first three rounds! GOOD GRIEF!!!

I'd wager post count had little to do with him calling you a newbie. It was the obvious lack of football knowledge calling Holliday their best D player. The fact that you have a low post count is only what kept him from ridiculing you for it.

I've been here for years & still consider myself a newbie in a lot of ways, but I don't get offended when somebody calls me on something. We all have our own opinions & that's part of what makes this site so great. If your opinion differs from someone elses then argue your point. If somebody wants to poke fun at you for it then take it in stride. Listen to smithkt, grow some skin & you'll do just fine here.

710143[/snapback]

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. If you can't take it then leave. I am not known around these parts for being an a hole, but if you want to come at my team with this V Holliday was the Chiefs best Def player garbage and try and poke fun at my team, you are obviously a newbie. I called you out. So explain to ALL of us why V Holliday was one of the best Chiefs Def players?

He was a leader in the locker room and for the defense, but he was serviceable at best on the field. The Chiefs D may have been a laughing stock for the last couple of seasons but once Gun gets his players in there that D will improve. I figure he'd like to build a dominant D through the draft but they don't have the time for that if they want to try and make a run.

Edited by Hat Trick

• 1 year later...
Feb 21 Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have agreed to terms with DL Vonnie Holliday on a four-year, $20 million contract. Holliday is expected to sign the deal Wednesday, Feb. 21. Holliday will earn $7 million in the first year of the deal. Holliday would have been an unrestricted free agent this offseason, and re-signing him was a priority, new coach Cam Cameron said.

Recommendation: Holliday was eligible to become a free agent on March 2, but the Dolphins made sure to bring back their big defensive tackle, who piled up seven sacks last season. "I'm happy we were able to sign Vonnie to this new contract," new Dolphins coach Cam Cameron said. "Not only has he been a major part of one of the league's top defensive units the last two years, but he also has been one of the key veteran leaders in the locker room." Holliday has started all 32 games since joining the Dolphins in 2005, recording 122 tackles and 12 sacks. Holliday started all 16 games last year and finished fourth on the team with 66 tackles, including seven sacks, which tied for third among NFL interior linemen. He helped the Dolphins rank fourth in the NFL in yards allowed.

I consider myself completely vindicated now. :D:D:tup: