[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 5

Hugh 0ne

Hey Hugh!

I have the follow RB and WR for this week. I several on bye. Out of the following  I need 2 RB's, 2 WR and 1 flex...

S Smith

K Curtis

Jenkins

J Lewis

Willie

Westbrook

Shipp

R Brown

So... For WR I am thinking smith (obviously) and curtis

Rb- Westbrook and filling the other RB and Flex with two of the remaining RB's...who would you choose?

1046859[/snapback]

Yep, Smith and Curtis for sure, and then Willie and Westbrook for sure, and then I'd add Brown. He had a great game last week, and the Bills can't stop the run.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh

Good morning.  I need help with my 2 WR positions and my flex spot:

Pick 3

Curtis vs tampa

shipp vs panthers

greg lewis vs dallas

rod smith vs skins

moulds vs dolphins

jurevicious @ rams

stokley @ 49ers

hines ward @ SD

thanks

1046872[/snapback]

Hines Ward is a must start.

The other options pretty much all suck. Take the RB not in a RBBC and hope he gets a short TD, since he probably won't rack up a ton of yards.

Should I consider trading one of my backs for S.Smith or Plax. Both teams are hurting for a back. I was offered S.Smith for Westy a couple weeks ago. I am playing the team with Plax. He is starting Barlow and Portis with L.Johnson, T.Bell and Rickey Williaams on his bench.  :D

1046873[/snapback]

If you can get Steve Smith for Willie Parker I think you do it. Parker will be losing carries to Staley and Bettis, and you have the RB depth to do it. I think Smith is better than Burress.

There should be plenty to go around against the Packers, I'd start McAllister and Stallworth, and then add Andre to the mix. With Horn most likely out, and against a weak defense, Stallworth should get a lot of looks.

1047065[/snapback]

Hugh, sorry to clutter things up with a follow-up, but does this change your recommendation?

New Orleans Saints WR Joe Horn (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday, Oct. 5, and said there is no doubt he will play during Week 5.

Pick 2:

A. Johnson vs. TEN

J. Galloway @NYJ

D. Stallworth @GB

B. Stokely @SF

Thanks!

Hey Hugh,

Need to start (3) WR's this week, due to injury concerns which would you start:

J.Horn (Q)

TJ Housh (Q)

J.Smith

T.Glenn

B.Stokley

S.McDonald

I'm thinking Smith, Glenn and either Horn or Housh (whoever's less banged up).

Is that too risky? Or should I take my chances with Stokley since IND playing lowly SF.

Also, real quick, Dillon or Dunn as my #2 RB?

Performance scoring w/rec/ redraft league. 

My roster:

QBs Hasselbeck, Leftwich

RBs DD, W Dunn, M Anderson, KJones, L Johnson

WRs SSmith, J Horn, T Glenn, T Taylor, A Bryant, A Lelie

TEs J Stevens, C Anderson

K Kasay

DEF/SPT Pittsburgh, TB

I was thinking of dropping Lelie  (do you think he has the least value on my roster?)

My first choice off the waiver wire I'm leaning towards M Pittman (to be used as trade bait next wk).    The other choices are Antonio Chatman -GB;  S McDonald- STL;  G Lewis-Phil;  Chris Henry-Cinci;  Brunell-Wash.

Please list what your top 3 waiver choices would be from that bunch  (including Pittman).      There are 2 people who could pick ahead of me if they want.  Thanks!

1046938[/snapback]

I'd probably drop Bryant before Lelie.

Pittman only has short term value, but if someone needs a RB for this week, he's a great option.

I like Chatman alot. GB will be throwing a lot because their defense sucks, and Favre showed that he's still got it.

Forget Brunell, and the other 3 are pretty much equal. With Bruce out, McDonald could have a decent game or two, but again, it's short term. Henry could have some nice games with long TD's, but as the 3rd WR, he'll also have some duds. No one on the Philly offense has any WR value outside of TO imo.

Hope that helps.

Thanks in advance Hugh.

Start two RB, 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving, 6 per TD. Thanks for the input...

Deuce McAllister @Gb

Jamal Lewis @ DET

Steven Jackson vs SEA

Willie Parker @SD

Mike Anderson vs WASH

Leaning towards Deuce and S. Jackson. Thanks!

1046955[/snapback]

Nice options. 4 team league? :D

It's between SJax, McAllister and Parker for me, and I'd probably bench Parker.

Back Again Hugh,

WDIS

Fitzgerald v Car or Galloway v Jets

Bell v Was or Suggs v Chi or M Faulk v Sea (start one of these dudes)

Also what do you think of this trade from my perspective?

I give Wayne/Jordan for Holmes/Andre Johnson or he may want

S Smith/Jordan for Holmes/ Andre Johnson

Scoring and team on sig line.

Thanks

1046965[/snapback]

Fitzgerald.

Ouch on the RB's. Those are all horrible options. Try Bell. :D

I like Lamont Jordan. I don't like Priest Holmes. I like Andre Johnson. Tough call. I'd probably only make that trade if I had Larry Johnson on my team.

Hugh, new to your advice line, but appreciate your acumen. 

I have a little WR depth and can move what was a waiver wire pick up in Galloway for what I perceive to be a back with some upside opportunity in KJones, who will see the likes of Cleveland, Minny, Az and Dallas in weeks 7-11. Performance and TD league, 1 pt for each 10 yds rush/rec, and TD's 6 pts of course. Thoughts?  :D

Thx in advance!

1046979[/snapback]

If you have the depth, I'd consider it. That being said, expect very little from KJ unless the entire Detroit offense starts to do something. They will be behind early and often which, for the most part, will take KJ out of the game.

Strap yourself in...here is a long question.  I play in a 12 team keeper league. We can keep any four players that were drafted in the fourth round or later.

My team is at a cross roads. I am 3-1 and in a division where the two other teams have quit on this season and are looking to add picks and keeper players for next year. I am a lock to make the playoffs (four division winners and two Wcards).

Here is my team

CPepp

Dillon

Lewis

W.Parker/M.Moore (flex)

H.Ward

Plax

Heap

Elam

Ravens DST

Here is the best team in the league that I will have to beat to win it all..

McNabb

DMcCallister

S.Jackson

SSmith

Horn

Driver

Gates

Vandy

Eagles DST

This owner will undoubtedbly make a move or two to improve his team also...

I see my weaknesses as QB and I could use an upgrade at RB. My choices are (1) ride this season out with my existing team and be happy that I can keep four players amongst Plax, Parker, Moore, Heap, Ravens DST, or Winslow (on bench). Most likely, this team will not win it all, but will compete in the playoffs OR (2) I can make some moves this season that will hurt my chances next year, but position myself for a run now.

I am ok with selling my soul for the run, but want your opinion about a couple of moves. Which would you make and would they put me over the top - in effect, would I be selling my future with a great chance to win it all, or would I be making small incremental improvements that are not worth sacrificing the future for..

The two players I have targeted for acquisition are P.Holmes + P.Manning..

Here are the deals:

I give W.Parker, Plax, Wiggins and I get P.Holmes + Branch + McMicheal + his 7th pick next year

I give CPepp (he can resell for pick), M.Moore, O.Smith, Winslow, my sixth pick and I get Manning and Housh

My new team would be

P.Manning

P.Holmes

Lewis

Dillon

H.Ward

D.Branch/Housh

Heap/McMicheal

Elam

Ravens DST

Is this new team worth sacrificing my future for? Is it significantly better than the other owner's team?

If not, it is probably not worth selling out my guys for.

As an alternative, I could make just the deal for Manning and keep Parker and Burress for this year and beyond and take my chances from there..

What are your thoughts...

1046989[/snapback]

OK, you guys are gonna have to ask simpler, shorter questions, I really do have other things to do with my life. :D

Two things: Don't trade for Priest Holmes unless you have Larry Johnson. Second, neither Moore or Smith are guaranteed studs for the future, both are high risk. I'd probably make that trade.

Fitzgerald.

Ouch on the RB's. Those are all horrible options. Try Bell. :D

I like Lamont Jordan. I don't like Priest Holmes. I like Andre Johnson. Tough call. I'd probably only make that trade if I had Larry Johnson on my team.

1047117[/snapback]

Agree on RB, unfortunately non of my mid round RB picks have distinguished themselves.

I do have LJ, who should I give up Smith or Wayne if I do the deal, or would you move McCallister rather than Jordan? :D

Thanks Again Hugh, as always your advice sound and unwaivering (still like them Texans Ehh!!!) :D

Edited by GoTs

Sup Hugh.

I am having trouble deciding on my flex.

Foster @ ARI

Parker @ SD

Pittman @ NYJ

I know Parker probably seem like the obvious choice, but I feel like Foster and Pittman have the better matchups and more involvement in the pass game. (.5 pts for reception) If Willie gets stuffed and doesn't see paydirt, it could be a very low point night. At least with Foster and Pittman, you are likely to see about 40-70 receiving yards.

Which WR do i start ????

std. perf league w/bonus @ 100yrds.rec + 1pt/10yrds...

A.Bryant home vs. bears

Crayton home vs. Philly

Lelie at Washington [had to throw it in but can't see why I would start em]

thanks @!

1047003[/snapback]

Wow. That sucks.

For me it would be between Lelie and Crayton, and since the Dallas passing game is inconstent, and Crayton's really the 3rd option, I'd probably give Lelie the nod. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

OK Hugh, here's a trade question for you.

My team:

QB Carson Palmer

QB Matt Hasselbeck

QB Jake Plummer

RB Priest Holmes

RB Larry Johnson

RB Kevin Jones

RB Chester Taylor

RB Cedric Benson®

WR Darrell Jackson

WR Terry Glenn

WR Anquan Boldin

WR Reggie Wayne

TE Jerramy Stevens

PK Josh Brown

TM Bills

His team:

QB Daunte Culpepper

QB Trent Dilfer

QB Joshua McCown

RB Ricky Williams

RB Shaun Alexander

RB Brian Westbrook

RB Kevan Barlow

WR Hines Ward

WR Troy Williamson®

WR Robert Ferguson

WR Braylon Edwards®

WR Ashley Lelie

TE Steve Heiden

PK Rob Bironas

TM Ravens

Offer on the table is:

I give: Palmer, Priest

I get: Culpepper, Alexander

It a keeper leauge, can keep 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1DEF/PK, and one from any position.

Thoughts?

Hey Hugh.

Ravens DST or Colts DST?

San Fran is starting Smith, so it's almost impossible to sit Indy (even for the stud Ravens against crappy Lions)

What's your take?

Thanks!!

DFR - Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 2 points

DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points

Int - Interceptions 2 points

PA - Points Against

Total Points Scored

0 - 6 PA = 12 points

7 - 13 PA = 10 points

14 - 20 PA = 8 points

21 - 27 PA = 6 points

SACK - Sack 0+ SACKs = 1 point for every 1 SACK

Plus a 6 point bonus @ 5+ SACK

STY - Safety 2 points

YDS - Yards Allowed

0 - 49 YDSs = 16 points

50 - 99 YDSs = 14 points

100 - 149 YDSs = 12 points

150 - 199 YDSs = 10 points

200 - 249 YDSs = 8 points

250 - 299 YDSs = 6 points

1047014[/snapback]

Start the Colts. All defenses will have a field day against the 49ers.

Hugh - Thanks in advance for your insight, who would you start this week:

Jamal Lewis @ Detroit

or

Thomas Jones @ Cleveland

Thanks!

1047015[/snapback]

Thomas Jones, although I think Lewis will have a good week as well.

Hey Hugh,

Want your thoughts on these trade options.  I am 1-4 after losing a double header and fortunately 1 game out of first in my division.

1. Trade 2006 1st rd pick for McAllister  - cannot happen for a couple weeks and the owner just might decide to keep him after all.  We have 2 keepers each, so effectively this is a 3rd rd pick in redraft leagues.  But I will be short one player out of the gate since I will have 2 keepers and no 1st rd pick.  Previous years all my 1st rd picks have gotten hurt...talk about bad luck.

2003 - 11th pick - James Stewart

2004 - 5th pick - Stephen Davis

2005 - 11th pick - Nate Burleson

2. Trade Harrison/Witten for Stephen Davis/Plaxico Burress - I tried to get Westbrook/KJ out of him but he won't budge.  Stats wise this wouldn't be a bad trade, but I just not sure that Davis will last the whole season.  I should be able to get more for Harrison and Witten than this.

3. Trade Shipp/Colbert for Mike Anderson in Week 6. - This gives me a RB stable of Green, Anderson, Pittman, Arrington.  My WRs are Harrison, Curtis, Burleson (hurt), Bruce (hurt) and whoever I pick up on waivers that's healthy.  I upgrade at RB and still keep Harrison on my team.

Not sure what my best option is, but I think #3 may be the way to go.  I just don't know about Davis.  I should be able to get better keeper material than Davis for Harrison.

1047047[/snapback]

You guys with these long questions are killing me. :D

Without it being my team, it's really hard to answer your question. Option 3 looks decent, albeit not great. I would not trade Harrison and Witten for Davis and Burress in a TE mandatory league. Option 1 might not be an option, so I don't know what to tell you there. :D

Bit of a pinch this week...

Coles or Lelie...

ps - I emailed Ashley yesterday on his website to see what he thought... :D

1047061[/snapback]

I don't think you can start any Jets WR with Bollinger in there, especially against a phenomenal defense that has only allowed a passing TD against one team this season.

So, by default, Lelie. :D

Hugh, sorry to clutter things up with a follow-up, but does this change your recommendation?

New Orleans Saints WR Joe Horn (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday, Oct. 5, and said there is no doubt he will play during Week 5.

Pick 2:

A. Johnson vs. TEN

J. Galloway @NYJ

D. Stallworth @GB

B. Stokely @SF

Thanks!

1047088[/snapback]

Not really. For the same reason I mentioned before. I can see the RB, and both the #1 and #2 WR's scoring this week against a weak GB defense. Stallworth's numbers will probably be better without Horn, but will be good even if he does play.