[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning REW,

If by "Lets win the BIG ONE" you mean my consolation game... :D

Okay, here's my situation. We start two QBs in my league, thanks to injury I am down to Brees @ KC and Plummer v OAK.

Would you pick up and start McCown? INTS do not cost me points, by the way.

OR, I could pick up Michael Turner. My opponent has LT but I am guessing LT will play this week so that might be a wasted move.

OR I could pick up Stallworth v DET (he was cut last week for Jonathan Wells). He's been doing well lately but I if Horn doesnt play this week...My 2nd WR position is a real grab bag with Wilford, Toomer, Glenn, R. Brown. Bennett is out there too if you think he's the better play than Stallworth.

What do you think? Thanks, as always :D

Edited by Gdawg

Rew...

Pick 1:

Moulds Vs Cinci

Chambers Vs Tenn

Drew Bennett Vs Mia (already starting McNair)

for RB Pick 1:

T.Jones Vs GB

Or

Mike Anderson Vs Oak

scoring system:

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 per td.

help me win this week rew.

1227879[/snapback]

I think Moulds and Bennet may have about the same and not sure either wil find the endzone, but when pressed I'd give the edge to Bennett. He finally showed up last week and MIA can be beat through the air. On the other side I would go with Chambers. He's been too hot to not start him this week. TEN can definitely be had through the air and Chambers should have another good day. Say about 90 yards and a score.

AT RB, both of these guys are close this week. However I will give the edge to Jones simply because he only gets spelled at RB, not splitting carries as MA does with Bell. No one will take his GL carries and GB is just awful right now. He should find plenty of room to run. He's scored the last 2 weeks and may finally get that 100 yard game against GB and if not, he should most certainly get 100 combined.

Good Luck!

Chris Chambers vs Tenn.

or

Joey Galloway vs ATL.. ( at home in the heat!)

also..

Thomas Jones vs GB

or

Clinton Portis vs NYG

Scoring:

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving.

6 pts per TD

1227881[/snapback]

Chambers is my choice here. Again he has the better matchup and has been hot. Yes Galloway has had a great year, but he was limited by NE and their banged up secondary and this week he'll be matched with D'Angelo Hall. Hall can be considered a shut down CB and he should shadow Joey all day. Not the option that chambers is. CC is big and will present a big time matchup problem with the TEN defensive backs.

Jones at RB. The matchup is too good. He doesn't split carries and he gets all the GL carries. The Giants game is going to be hard fought while the CHI game should be fairly easy for the Bears. GB had mucho trouble with a poor Ravens offense and adequate defense. They arre about to face the best defense in the league and a much better runner in Jones than Lewis or Taylor. Portis isn't going to find it as easy against the Giants as he did the Cowboys. And Portis isn't the runner nor does ha have the OL that Johnson and KC do.

Good Luck!

Which SEA reciver this week DJax, Engram, or JJ. All had good games last week Engram had the most yards but DJax and JJ both had TD's. Need to choose 1.

Pick 1 RB, Pinner ( is Jones playing ), K. Faulk, M.Moore, M. Morris or do I pickup Herron (Gado's backup vs. CHI) or Jarret Payton ( C. Brown and T. henry both banged up)

Good Morning REW,

If by "Lets win the BIG ONE" you mean my consolation game... :D

Okay, here's my situation. We start two QBs in my league, thanks to injury I am down to Brees @ KC and Plummer v OAK.

Would you pick up and start McCown? INTS do not cost me points, by the way.

OR, I could pick up Michael Turner. My opponent has LT but I am guessing LT will play this week so that might be a wasted move.

OR I could pick up Stallworth v DET (he was cut last week for Jonathan Wells). He's been doing well lately but I if Horn doesnt play this week...My 2nd WR position is a real grab bag with Wilford, Toomer, Glenn, R. Brown.

What do you think? Thanks, as always  :D

1227889[/snapback]

Mornin' Gdawg! hey if you're playing and there's $$ involved, then it's important!! :D

At QB I would stick with Brees and Plummer. I've seen where some others are high on McCown or at least advocate giving him the chance. I am not one of those. He was benched for a reason and if not for injury would not be playing. Brees and Plummer are both high and above better options than McCown to me. And both are playing very well eyeing playoff spots.

Not sure Turner is worth the grab. He had the one big run which inflated his numbers. Other than that he did very little. LT will play as they are fighting for the playoffs and need this game as bad as the last one. I would get Stalllworth. Bouman locked onto him several times and the swicth at QB may just be what is needed for him to continue playing well. DET is awful and seems like they have quit on the season. DS should be able to find plenty of room on them to make some big plays. Outside of that, forget Brown. If he was going to do something, it would have been last week. ARZ actually has a decent pass defense and McMahon is TERRIBLE!! Toomer probably won't be a very good option as Eli may not have much time to throw with all the Blitzes that the Skins will throw at him. And again if someone was going to have a field day I would've thought Garrard and Wilford would have done that against the 49ers. The JAX passing game has really suffered without Lefty.

That leaves Glenn who bellieve it or not may post some decent numbers against CAR. They are good agaiinst the run but not so much versus the pass. Glenn didn't have the game he should have last week due to Bledsoe having no time to find anyone. CAR won't bllitz have as much as the Skins did. But they will bottle up the running game and force Bledsoe to pass, Glenn should benefit from that. However I like Stallworth over all of them this week.

Good Luck!

one more quick one..who should i go with at TE?

salary cap league..only start 1

Todd Heap vs MIN

Jeremy Shockey vs WAS

Antonio Gates vs KC

or

Tony Gonzo vs SD

Scoring:

1 pt per 10 yards

6 pts per TD

1227908[/snapback]

Gates. He's a beast and a better TE than the others. Brees not only looks for him often but relies on him underneath and near the endzone.

Rew,

Made it to our SB. My opponnent has Larry Johnson, LT and Antonio Gates. Here is my entire team:

QB

Matt Hasselbeeck

Eli Manning

Trent Green

RB

Edge James

Corey Dillon

Dehsaun Foster

WR

Steve Smith

Anquan Boldin

Joey Galloway

TJ Houshmanzedah

TE

Heath Miller

Chris Cooley

K

Mike Vanderjagt

Def

Jacksonville

New York Giants

Since Edge probably won't play much Sun. Should I pick up Willie Parker or Mike Anderson. They are available on the Waiver.

Which SEA reciver this week DJax, Engram, or JJ. All had good games last week Engram had the most yards but DJax and JJ both had TD's. Need to choose 1.

Pick 1 RB,  Pinner ( is Jones playing ), K. Faulk, M.Moore, M. Morris or do I pickup Herron (Gado's backup vs. CHI) or Jarret Payton ( C. Brown and T. henry both banged up)

1227923[/snapback]

DJax is back. They said they would ease him back. If 70+ yards and a score is easing him back in, then I want him in my lineup when they "get him more invloved." If not for the TD, JJ was useless. Forget him. DJax is going to see his share as they gear up for the playoffs. He showed no signs of trouble with his knee and should now be an every week starter.

I guess you are looking for a backup RB? Or do you need tyo start one of these guys? If you must start one, then I say Pinner. He'll get more carries and has the easier matchup with the Saints. If purely a bcakup for next week, then I say Morris. SEA will use Alexander this week against the Colts more than Morris. Moore has a tough matchup against BAL and Faulk doesn't get the ball enough to be worthy. Payton is a one week wonder in my mind. I'd check injury reports before picking him up. If he does start, then he's worth it, outside of that, I say no.

Good Luck!

Rew,

I'm in the big game this weekend and am all set with the exception of my RB#2. Rank the following RBs for Wk16 and assume all guys are healthy:

Caddy vs. Atl

C.Brown @ Mia

Gado vs. Bears

F.Gore @ StL

Thanks, Rew!! All your advice has been great over the past several weeks. Good luck in all your Superbowls and Happy Holidays!!

SUPERBOWL!

QB

Pick 1

McNair, J Martin or E Manning?

RB

Pick 1

S Jackson or Foster

WR

Pick 2

J Smith, DJAX, D Bennett

DEF

Pick 1

Pats

Ravens

Vikes

Giants

Thanks!!

1227931[/snapback]

Have to like Martin if he's the starter. Good Matchup and he's far better than in that offense than Fitz and should be able to pick apart the 9ers secondary. McNair and Eli have tough matchup and the potential for big numbers isn't as good as Martin.

I think Foster is also a better option than SJax. CAR will rely on him to control the cllock and he should be able to pound away for decent yardage and a score. SJax is gimpy and I see more of an aerial attack this week from STL if Martin is the guy, which I think he will be.

I like DJax for certain, he's back and played very well with no signs of trouble from the knee. he'll only get more passes and they'll need him big against a PO'd Indy team. I like Bennett this week. JAX should have thrown all over SF last week and couldn't. McNair will find Bennett again this week and he should have another good game.

NE for defense. They play the Jets and if they caould bottle up TB, then they should have little trouble with the Jets.

Good Luck!

DJax is back.  They said they would ease him back.  If 70+ yards and a score is easing him back in, then I want him in my lineup when they "get him more invloved."  If not for the TD, JJ was useless.  Forget him.  DJax is going to see his share as they gear up for the playoffs.  He showed no signs of trouble with his knee and should now be an every week starter.

I guess you are looking for a backup RB?  Or do you need tyo start one of these guys?  If you must start one, then I say Pinner.  He'll get more carries and has the easier matchup  with the Saints.  If purely a bcakup for next week, then I say Morris.  SEA will use Alexander this week against the Colts more than Morris.  Moore has a tough matchup against BAL and Faulk doesn't get the ball enough to be worthy.  Payton is a one week wonder in my mind.  I'd check injury reports before picking him up.  If he does start, then he's worth it, outside of that, I say no.

Good Luck!

1227954[/snapback]

Yea, I have to start one of these guy's. My #1 is SA, but I lost Wetbrook as my #2. thought I'd be OK w/ Moore as my backup but B Wetbrook got hurt and Moore ended up in the doghouse at the same time.

I started Pinner last week and he got me 7.3 points, not horible considering. I'm just worried about Jones playing this week. If Jones play's I'll probably go w/ Morris and hope for the best, maybe with Indy resting it's players SEA will win big and put Morris in for 2nd half like they did in week 13&14

Rew,

Made it to our SB.  My opponnent has Larry Johnson, LT and Antonio Gates.  Here is my entire team:

QB

Matt Hasselbeeck

Eli Manning

Trent Green

RB

Edge James

Corey Dillon

Dehsaun Foster

WR

Steve Smith

Anquan Boldin

Joey Galloway

TJ Houshmanzedah

TE

Heath Miller

Chris Cooley

K

Mike Vanderjagt

Def

Jacksonville

New York Giants

Since Edge probably won't play much Sun.  Should I pick up Willie Parker or Mike Anderson.  They are available on the Waiver.

1227951[/snapback]

Don't think you need to pick up a RB over what you have. I would start Hass this week. He has better WRs and a TE that can be a WR. Green may do well too, but if Merriman may be coming for him and he may not have the time to throw. Indy showed they can be beat through the air. Hass will have a solid game.

Dillon and Foster are fine RBs to have and are better options than FWP or Marine Mike. I would sit Edge as I think they will rest him a lot this week. Both Dillon and Foster have good matchups this week. They'll do fine.

Sit Galloway this week and go with the other 3. JG will find the going tough against Hall alll day and the other WRs have much better matchups and are solid plays.

Have to go with Cooley. With Ben's thunb a problem, the passing game has taken a hit and Miller isn't as involved as Cooley is on his offense.

Lastly I go with the JAX defense. They are playing well and still an good unit. I don't see HOU moving the ball like that they did last week against this JAX squad.

Good Luck!

Pick 3:

Rudi Johnson Vs Buf

Tiki Barber Vs Was

Larry Johnson Vs SD

T.Jones Vs GB

scoring-

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 per td

Also for TE:

Pick 1:

Todd Heap Vs Min On Christmas

Chris Cooley Vs NYG

Witten Vs Carolina

1227952[/snapback]

Johnson, Johnson and Jones. They are all great options this week, but I think LJ is a must start even though he has the toughest matchup. Rudi is playing too good right now and he's also a must start. I give the final edge to Jones for matchup reasons. Gb isn't as tough on the run and I think WAS will be.

Cooley at TE. He's hot and Brunell looks for him often anywhere on the field.

Good Luck!

Rew,

I'm in the big game this weekend and am all set with the exception of my RB#2. Rank the following RBs for Wk16 and assume all guys are healthy:

Caddy vs. Atl

C.Brown @ Mia

Gado vs. Bears

F.Gore @ StL

Thanks, Rew!! All your advice has been great over the past several weeks.  Good luck in all your Superbowls and Happy Holidays!!

1227957[/snapback]

Caddy - ATL can't stop the run

Brown - Don't like his matchup as much as I like Gore's, but he's the better back

Gore - Great matchup if he can get it going. But he's raw and I think Brown is involved more.

Gado - CHI defense...ouch!

Happy Holidays and Good Luck!

Yea, I have to start one of these guy's. My #1 is SA, but I lost Wetbrook as my #2. thought I'd be OK w/ Moore as my backup but B Wetbrook got hurt and Moore ended up in the doghouse at the same time.

I started Pinner last week and he got me 7.3 points, not horible considering. I'm just worried about Jones playing this week. If Jones play's I'll probably go w/ Morris and hope for the best, maybe with Indy resting it's players SEA will win big and put Morris in for 2nd half like they did in week 13&14

1228002[/snapback]

Thats' a solid plan Tally!!

Edited by rew70

Hi Rew,

I’m in the Superbowl against my younger brother. My WRs are Harrison, Boldin, and Engram. Should I even consider sitting Harrison for Bruce or Curtis since he’s not going to play the whole game? I think half of Marvin is still probably better chance of scoring than Bruce with Fitzpatrick. I can’t pick any other WRs up because our rosters are locked.

Also I have to decide:

MIN @BAL

ATL @TB

Not sure here cause after Monday night I don’t know who to take. Both defenses are reeling right now. Probably ATL.

I’m starting Mike Anderson and need to choose:

Foster vs DAL

Bell vs OAK

I don’t want to start both Bell and Anderson, but not sure about Foster’s matchup with Dallas.

Here’s my team:

Delhomme, Brooks

Anderson, Foster, Bell, Jones

Harrison, Boldin, Engram, Bruce, Curtis

Troupe

Tynes

MIN, ATL