[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could use some DL insight

I'm in the middle of a draft for a new dynasty league and I'm looking for some insight on the defensive line guys still left out there.

We need to start three. Scoring for DL is:

6 points per touchdown.

10 points per safety.

3 points per sack (1.5 points per half sack).

3 points per solo tackle.

2 point per assist.

1 point per pass defensed.

1 point per forced fumble.

2 points per fumble recovered or interception caught.

Currently on my roster:

Hall, James DET DE

Mathis, Robert IND DE

Peppers, Julius CAR DE

This is the top ten players still available in their order of finish for 2005:

Pickett, Ryan STL DT

Bernard, Robert SEA DT

Payne, Seth HOU DT

Hamilton, Bobby OAK DE

Holliday, Vonnie MIA DE

Gregg, Kelly BAL DT

Jackson, Grady GBP DT

Williams, Jamal SDC DT

Kelly, Tommy OAK DE

Rucker, Mike CAR DE

Of these, the following have my interest:

Rocky Bernard has shown improvement in his three year. Huge jump in sack numbers and tackles this past year. Is this because he saw much more playing time?

Mike Rucker seems to be up and down from year to year. I would have expected greater consistancy lined up opposite Peppers.

Kelly Gregg was a consistant performer in the past, but his numbers tumbled a bit this year. Is this because of the scheme change? Wasn't he playing at DE at times as well? Will he bounce back?

It's hosted at MFL if you want to look:

Draft Report

Any feedback you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Rucker, Mike CAR DE

1347909[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply Sarge. Am I wrong in thinking he seems to be up and down? Any thoughts on this? I do appreciate the time, I'm just hoping for a little more than just a name. If that's all you can provide though, it is still appreciated.

Lets break down the litter.

This is the top ten players still available in their order of finish for 2005:

Pickett, Ryan STL DT - played for a contract, was nothing before last yr.

Bernard, Robert SEA DT - solid, but has only done it once

Payne, Seth HOU DT - May be coming off the bench in 06

Hamilton, Bobby OAK DE - on his final leg

Holliday, Vonnie MIA DE - on his final leg

Gregg, Kelly BAL DT - productive, but took a dip last yr

Jackson, Grady GBP DT - Trash

Williams, Jamal SDC DT - Trash

Kelly, Tommy OAK DE - Trash

Rucker, Mike CAR DE - Definately up and down, but has the potential for double digit sacks, and some of the others will be on the waiver wire, where he wont be after a good showing. So at this time, I jump on Rucker, and dump him if he starts off slow for someone not named above on your WW.

Thanks Darin.  I actually wound up taking both Rucker and Bernard.

1348298[/snapback]

Very nice for a dynasty league... Hall has certainly raised some eyebrows. Mathis is solid. Peppers is .... well ... Peppers. And Rucker and Bernard give you some insurance and/or bye week fillers. Nicely done!

where you at in the rook draft? and how many teams...DL is a pretty low scoring position...and im curious as to other position players that might be available for better value...if your draft position is late DE might be a good option for you there instead of passing up on a better posittion now...and id bet that at least one guy you favor from this list will still be there by your next pick...hard to tell though without seeing rosters,draft position and such.

Robash, the scoring system in this league actually makes the DL a higher scoring unit than you might expect. They are right in line with LBs. These picks were my 29th and 30th in a 50 round draft. You can see the entire draft by using the link I included in the first post. There are 12 teams.

As for the rookie draft, I pick #1. That won't take place until after the NFL draft.

• 5 weeks later...
Man that was a strange draft to view. 3 WR's, a TE and QB in the first round, some players didn't draft a RB until round 4? Very unusual.

1397785[/snapback]

TEs get 2pts per reception, WRs get 1, RBs get none. If you look at the top performers reports, you'll see Gates finished #4 overall. Only four RBs finished in the top 25. LT, LJ, SA and Tiki. The rest of the top 25 is dominated by WRs and QBs.

It's not a typical scoring system and it really has an impact on the drafting style. The formation based starting requirements also play a roll as well.

TEs get 2pts per reception, WRs get 1, RBs get none.  If you look at the top performers reports, you'll see Gates finished #4 overall.  Only four RBs finished in the top 25.  LT, LJ, SA and Tiki.  The rest of the top 25 is dominated by WRs and QBs.

It's not a typical scoring system and it really has an impact on the drafting style.  The formation based starting requirements also play a roll as well.

1398272[/snapback]

Yes, that'll do it. I'm in one where kickers can get 30 pts for long kicks and a high average in that game. Another unusual system. One of the highest scorers for the season was Rackers.