Apathy

"Minor knee surgery" for Ed Hartwell

Out 2-4 weeks but may be back for opener on September 10. :D

AtlantaFalcons.com

Hartwell has minor knee surgery; may miss 2-4 weeks

August 28, 2006

The Falcons today announced that starting middle linebacker Edgerton Hartwell had minor surgery to both knees on Monday, and could miss from 2-4 weeks.

Hartwell will not play in the Falcons final preseason contest, this Thursday against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Falcons, however, do not rule out the possibility of Hartwell returning for the team's regular season opener at Carolina on September 10.

Check Atlantafalcons.com on Tuesday for more details.

it should also be noted that atlanta does not plan to move brooking inside while hartwell is out...plan is to start Jordan Beck

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/politics/15383479.htm

Jordan Beck, who was sidelined for his entire rookie season after tearing a foot ligament a year ago, is the likely replacement for Hartwell. Keith Brooking took over at middle linebacker last year, but coach Jim Mora probably will prefer to keep the five-time Pro Bowl selection at weakside, where he has an easier time harassing quarterbacks and pursuing the ball.
Edited by keggerz

Hartwell=bust

I thought he would put up some points in Atlanta. He's all but barely rosterable right now, even in large dynasty leagues. What a dissappointment, considering what I could have gotten for him 2 years ago.

Boley probably would have been the starter if he hadn't been moved to SLB. I think he'd be a better fit there than Beck...or Hartwell for that matter.