[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice Thread

Flip_Side

I cant start 3 RBs in a league that is very touchdown heavy in scoring. My options are:

Edge vs. KC

K. Jones @ MIN

Duece vs. TB

L. Jordan @ SF

Jones has been hot, Duece is going against the 2nd worst run DEF, Jordan is going against a pitiful SF DEF, and James was my #1 pick. Who would you start?

Thanks for the advice.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Flip-

I want to offer Housh for Hasselbeck?

but am almost sure he will ask for Chad Johnson for Hasselbeck. What do you think?

My WRs are: Chad, Housh, Roy Williams, Bruce, and Marcus Robinson

***I need a QB bad. I'm starting Brad Johnson this week and from the looks of it Hass has a sweet schedule the rest of the way. But will the Alexander thing affect him the whole way like in CHI?

two questions

pick one

bledsoe vs. phi

kitna vs. min

pennington vs. jax

i have picked the wrong one based on match-ups all year. 1pt/10 yds after 150, 5pts TD

also,

would you start gore vs. oak over barber vs. was or westbrook (if playing) vs. dal?

1-2 pts per 10 yrds pending total amount, 6pts TD

thanks

Bledsoe, will need to air it out in order to beat the Eagles. He and T.O should have a monster day.

No, you gotta go Barber and Westbrook they are both studs when playing. Make sure to check injury reports on Westbrook though.

I am looking to rebuild for next year. Here are the best deals on the table for me.

Deal 1

I give C.Portis (non keeper)

I get Chest Taylor (can keep him for next year also) + T.Williamson (2 yr keeper) + his fourth round pick

Deal 2

I give Portis + Ravens D + Des Clark

I get J.Norwood (2 yr keeper) + E.Moulds + his fourth round pick

Deal 3

I give Portis + Des Clark + M.Furrey

I get Grossman (2 yr keeper) + Barlow (2 yr keeper) + D.Stallworth (2 yr keeper) + V.Davis (2 yr keeper) + his fourth round pick

Keep in mind, I can only keep four total players from my roster. Right now, I have M.Vick, C.Benson, and Ravens DST (if I do not trade) as my best prospects.

Please rank deals in order and add comments if you have time.

THanks.

I like deal 1 the best. I just think in the other deals you would be giving up too much, and it just wouldn't be worth it. In all 3 deals you'll have to give up Portis anyway so why not go for the 2 for 1. Where you will be getting a young Chester Taylor and Troy Williamson.

In deal 2, Norwood will be good dont get me wrong. Moulds will be basically worthless. I just don't think giving up Portis, the Ravens D and Clark will be worth a 4th round pick and Norwood.

Deal 3 might be alright. I'm not sold on Grossman though, I highly doubt he keeps this play up. Barlow will be of no value imo. Stallworth could be great, but you just never know. I think Clark will be a lot better than Davis at the TE position and you would be downgrading.

Pick one of the following:

Edward vs Car

Mason vs Den

Gabriel vs Miami

I am playing the #1 team this week for the lead in the division. I seem to always lose to him even when my team is alot better then his. Need advice on my 3rd behind Holt and oy Williams.

Mason is most likely going on the bench again this week.

Edwards is playing Carolina which is a 50/50 def against the pass. What I do like is that he is the #1 WR and chances are Cle will be playing from behind this week.

Gabriel is starting to looking like Bradys main target (i know Bradys throws to everyone). Even if NE gets ahead it always seem that they like to let Brady at least throw for 1 or 2 TDs a game no matter what and they should handle Miami.

Gabriel seems like the safe play but Edwards looks like the possible home run. But are are the odds that Edwards will and can go off against Carolina?

I cant start 3 RBs in a league that is very touchdown heavy in scoring. My options are:

Edge vs. KC

K. Jones @ MIN

Duece vs. TB

L. Jordan @ SF

Jones has been hot, Duece is going against the 2nd worst run DEF, Jordan is going against a pitiful SF DEF, and James was my #1 pick. Who would you start?

Thanks for the advice.

Jordan for sure, should eat up San Fran and find the endzone.

Deuce should steal a score Vs TB.

And last but not least I think Edge will have a better chance of getting in the endzone than Jones. The 'Cards should feed the ball to Edge quite a bit to let Leinart get comfortable. He should do pretty good.

Hey Flip-

I want to offer Housh for Hasselbeck?

but am almost sure he will ask for Chad Johnson for Hasselbeck. What do you think?

My WRs are: Chad, Housh, Roy Williams, Bruce, and Marcus Robinson

***I need a QB bad. I'm starting Brad Johnson this week and from the looks of it Hass has a sweet schedule the rest of the way. But will the Alexander thing affect him the whole way like in CHI?

Well considering you need a QB badly, If he bites on that Housh for Hass deal go for it. But I would not trade CJ for Hass straight up. Chad will pick it up, it's only a matter of time. You would regret trading Chad for Hass, I am positive.

I'm starting LJ and need help choosing my #2 RB.

R. Brown at Pats

K. Jones at Vikes

Addai vs Titans

Rhodes vs Titans

Thanks for the help

Tough....

I would not go Brown this week Vs the Pats. He has been shutdown by teams like the Texans, Titans, and Bills. Why would he go off against a team like New England?

K.Jones could be a good play. But I think Kitna will be airing it out, taking away from the touches Jones will get.

Addai and Rhodes are a lock to rack up great yardage, and both might see a TD. I'd go Rhodes out of these 2 just because he is the starter and should see quite a bit of action.

Sounds weird saying this but go Rhodes, I think he will eat up the Titans and will be your best option for this week.

Pick one of the following:

Edward vs Car

Mason vs Den

Gabriel vs Miami

I am playing the #1 team this week for the lead in the division. I seem to always lose to him even when my team is alot better then his. Need advice on my 3rd behind Holt and oy Williams.

Mason is most likely going on the bench again this week.

Edwards is playing Carolina which is a 50/50 def against the pass. What I do like is that he is the #1 WR and chances are Cle will be playing from behind this week.

Gabriel is starting to looking like Bradys main target (i know Bradys throws to everyone). Even if NE gets ahead it always seem that they like to let Brady at least throw for 1 or 2 TDs a game no matter what and they should handle Miami.

Gabriel seems like the safe play but Edwards looks like the possible home run. But are are the odds that Edwards will and can go off against Carolina?

Mason is not an option imo. It's between Edwards and Gabriel, I have both of them also.

I am starting Gabriel with full confidence that he will absolutely destroy my teams secondary. Brady will pick us apart, Gabriel will play a huge roll in doing that.

I'm thinking about starting Deuce McAllister this week vs TB.. (he's been getting TD's).., instead of Edge vs KC.. Am I crazy???? I need points! I'm 1-3

HELP!

No, Edge will see the ball quite a bit. I think he'll get decent yardage and have a great chance of a score.

Who do I start at WR2?

Driver v. Stl

Cotchery at Jax

Williamson v. Det

I'm leaning towards the Crotchmeister but any input would be appreciated.

Driver is questionable, so I wouldn't give him the start.

I think Cotchery will get shutdown, Jacksonville will tighten up after the whooping they received last week.

Go Williamson, I think he'll have a great day.

12 team keeper league, standard scoring

I'm 3-1, but very concerned about my QB situation and Westbrook's knee, so I'm considering this swap in 2 different trades.

I give Westbrook and Roy Williams

I get P. Manning and T. Bell

Here's my lineup, right now:

QB (1) - Leinart, B. Johnson, JP Losman

RB (2) - W. Parker, D. Foster, B. Westbrook, D. Williams, M. Turner, S. Gado, L. Washington

WR (3) - Fitz, CJ, Roy Williams, Jennings, Moulds

TE (1) - Watson

Should I make this move?

Lineup and rules in sig.

I'm starting:

Bledsoe v Eagles

SJax v GNB

Gore v Oak

Harrison v Ten

LJ Smith v Dal

Here's my problem, what other 2 do I start? Only one can be a RB or 2 WR.

Jennings vs. STL - valuable with a banged up Favre?

Colston vs. TAM - continued success, even againt TAM?

Rhodes vs. TEN - will he have another good week against hapless titans?

DeAngelo vs. CLE - enough carries with Foster to make a difference?

My initial feeling is to go with Colston and Rhodes. Help needed! Thanks.

Cross-posted from a seperate thread:

My problem is similar to asabban's, without the caps or annoying avatar.

12 team head to head league, I need to start 2:

McGahee (tough matchup)

Cadillac (tough matchup)

Rhodes (nice matchup)

Jones-Drew (nice matchup)

Matchups aside I'd start McGahee and Cadillac, but this week I'm not so sure.

Scoring:

10yds rush = 1pt

10yds rec = 1pt

TD = 6pts

Our teams are below. He needs some WR depth and I'd like upgrade at TE. Thinking maybe I can score Shockey on the cheap side, the owner's not happy with him.

Thinking Jennings and Watson for Shockey. Each week I pick and choose between Colston and Jennings so this would eliminate that and give me a better TE.

Another option if he'll go for it could be Jennings/Moulds/Watson for Shockey/Walker. I dont see him doing that cause even though he gets some depth at WR he loses his WR2 and downgrades at TE.

My Team

QB – Bulger, Favre

RB – Gore, Mike Bell, Thomas Jones, Jones-Drew

WR – Harrison, Boldin, Colston, Jennings, Moulds

TE – Watson

K – Lindell

DEF – Steelers, Chargers

His Team

QB – Pennington, Plummer

RB – Westbrook, Taylor, Addai, Chris Brown

WR – Steve Smith, Walker, Bennett, Troy Brown

TE – Shockey, Wiggins

K – Wilkins

DEF – Panthers, Saints

12 team keeper league, standard scoring

I'm 3-1, but very concerned about my QB situation and Westbrook's knee, so I'm considering this swap in 2 different trades.

I give Westbrook and Roy Williams

I get P. Manning and T. Bell

Here's my lineup, right now:

QB (1) - Leinart, B. Johnson, JP Losman

RB (2) - W. Parker, D. Foster, B. Westbrook, D. Williams, M. Turner, S. Gado, L. Washington

WR (3) - Fitz, CJ, Roy Williams, Jennings, Moulds

TE (1) - Watson

Should I make this move?

I'm not a doctor or anything, but assuming Westbrook stays healthy the rest of the season. I wouldn't do it, T.Bell is a huge downgrade from Westbrook. That would leave Parker and Foster as your weekly starters and not sure how that would work out for you. Also, Roy Williams has been playing great. Giving him away would really hurt your WR Corp. Fitz has a Rookie QB throwing to him now, who knows how he'll end up. CJ hasn't been playing all that great right now either. I wouldn't do this trade, but that's me.

I am trying to upgrade my WRs and also help myself get around my week 7 bye week blues by trying to trade with the team that has a good stock of WRs and Warner at QB.

He has for WRs - TO (28), A Johnson (60), Mushin (44), and Santana(50) we only start 3.

I was thinking I could offer him 4 different options, in paranthesis I have the fantasy pts scored so far this year.

Grossman(59) for Andre(60) - their pts in my league are almost identical

Bulger(36) for Mushin(44) - again number almost identical and it would give me the Grossman to Mushin connection

Jennings(39), Reggie Williams(48), Bulger(36) for Johnson(60) and Mushin(44)

Bulger(36), Boldin(44) or Keyshawn (48) for Johnson(60) and TO (28)

Thanks for the help. Just trying to see what can best help my team at WR and for the stretch.

Thanks in advance.

League #1 Pick 2 Gore, Jordan, FWP, Maroney

League #2 Pick 1 to go with Barber- Gore, Jordan, FWP, Maroney

League #3 Pick 2 R. Brown, Gore, Jordan

Good RB's this week for sure. I really think you gotta go Gore and Jordan. They have the better chance to rack up huge yardage and a likely chance of scoring. Parker will be good but he just doesn't have the matchups that Gore and Jordan have. Maroney also have a good matchup but he STILL does split carries. Gore and Jordan will have the better numbers at the end of the day.

Gore for league #2.

Gore and Jordan for league #3.

Geeze you love those RB's Gore, Jordan, FWP, and Maroney don't you?