[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More Evolution

billay

I plan to. I suspect we will have a rather rousing discussion on how the purity of his message was corrupted by men bent on gaining wealth, power and influence over other men. And how the entire world was hoodwinked into following "the word of God" as interpreted by men who have used it for justification of murder, rapine and torture.

Then maybe we will move into how the modern bible has been translated from translations and how many mistakes exist from the anectdotes of his life. Then perhaps we will work on how people decided he (Jesus) was more important than God.

Sounds like an interesting conversation, let me know how it goes.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scientists have been able to create the enzymes that create protiens from a goop of stuff and an electrical current, similar to a lightniing striking sea water, since the 1950's. Kids routinely do this experiment as part of science fairs these days.

i hope those vile little sinners like it HOT :D

And how the entire world was hoodwinked into following "the word of God" as interpreted by men who have used it for justification of murder, rapine and torture.

This is sad but true, and I'm sure Jesus/God - or whoever you believe in - are not happy about it at all.....

Scientists have been able to create the enzymes that create protiens from a goop of stuff and an electrical current, similar to a lightniing striking sea water, since the 1950's. Kids routinely do this experiment as part of science fairs these days.

This, of course, does not in any way disprove the existence of God.

Carry on....

But don't go around telling us faithful that we believe in a fairy tale! Especially a fairy tale that gives billions of people hope in the future (arguably another requirement for long term survival of the species.) Are you kidding?? That would be truly ignorant/crazy on your part....

But I agree with atheists that religious zealots have made - and continue to make - lives miserable with misguided attempts to force religion on others. I won't force mine on you if you don't force yours on me. That's why we live in this great country.

I humbly request that both sides don't screw that up, please.....

You were doing so good up until this came spewing forth. In the first paragraph you said we are ignorant/crazy for speaking our beliefs and then in the second paragraph you contradict yourself by saying I won't do anything to you if you won't do it to me.

Now, I happen to agree with the second part but you do see where I might feel there's a bit of hypocracy at play in this post of yours?

Edited by Kid Cid

This, of course, does not in any way disprove the existence of God.

Carry on....

It was never meant to imply that. He asked a question and I provided an answer. Not the one he was looking for however.

You were doing so good up until this came spewing forth. In the first paragraph you said we are ignorant/crazy for speaking our beliefs and then in the second paragraph you contradict yourself by saying I won't do anything to you if you won't do it to me.

Now, I happen to agree with the second part but you do see where I might feel there's a bit of hypocracy at paly in this post of yours?

Uh, no - read more carefully. I did not say speaking your beliefs, no matter what they are, is ignorant/crazy. Free speech is protected in this country. But trying to convince someone else that their beliefs are ignorant/crazy, IS. And that appears to be the point of all these religious/atheist argument threads.

I bet we could almost all agree that its better to keep your own crazy ideas to yourself, and not push them on others. And I can understand why atheists have felt persecuted in the past - because they have been, horribly in many cases. And that is wrong.

But I could be wrong, and that's okay...

Men have used many excuses to wage war , kill , torture and rape ...used everything from desire for more land , desire to rid world of certain ethnic group, for money , for oil and yes have used the excuse of religion

But it don't work that way ..evil men do evil things that have nothing to do with religion or what religion strives to teach ...they can hide behind it all they want but its not nor never should be the religion to blame

Man wrote the bible ?? I think not ..they may have had the pen ( stylus ) in their hand but they did not write the bible and the words in contains ...to believe it was written by man may also mean it was not read ..read carefully ..regardless I do believe in the Book and in Jesus ...and hope others do as well ..if not that's ok , we can still be friendly :D

so you're assuming the bible wasn't read?...

never assume...

I said it was written by man...plus it was altered by man...

it is a book with a bunch of stories....written by man....

unless you were there....nothing shows that anyone/thing else wrote these stories...other than man..

and religious belief is a silly way to choose friends anyways... :D

Men have used many excuses to wage war , kill , torture and rape ...used everything from desire for more land , desire to rid world of certain ethnic group, for money , for oil and yes have used the excuse of religion

But it don't work that way ..evil men do evil things that have nothing to do with religion or what religion strives to teach ...they can hide behind it all they want but its not nor never should be the religion to blame

did you?

I only wrote it....

but man wrote the bible and apparently forgot...

so...do you think that some supreme being(s) wrote this book and then evaporated for 2000 years with no trace and are just testing our patience in a book that can be altered over that time?

especially when it points out that there will be false prophets when the bible itself comes off like the biggest false prophet there is...

take the 1st verse of ezekiel for instance....

he explained what he saw as something supernatural...but it was either a creative story....or one of DMD's UFO's....

of course the part I am talking about has at least 4 different explanations....so good luck on finding what I am talking about...

If the god that is talked about in the bible is so great, then why choose something so primitive as a book that can be altered as a faith/belief system?

there seems to be BS clouded over every religion and belief system....and as I said...I stay neutral...

there have been more deaths/murders in the name of god than any other...

people in power use god as a pawn to win elections and such...

just like in the south where there was a strong following of churches telling people to vote for Bush in his last election if they wanted god in the white house....

there have been more deaths/murders in the name of god than any other...

people in power use god as a pawn to win elections and such...

just like in the south where there was a strong following of churches telling people to vote for Bush in his last election if they wanted god in the white house....

Specifics would be appreciated, friend.

....churches telling people to vote for Bush in his last election if they wanted god in the white house....

How could God still be in the White House, since Rove just left? Or maybe his title was just 'genius', not God. :D