[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Bowl Records

theeohiostate

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SEC 5-0 by default by virtue of playing on their homefield in every match up and having the aide of the refs at several key points of the game, figure in the first 4 wins were against lesser opponents that wouldn't win a game in Big 10 play and it's easy to understand the 5-0 start. Hell if the Big10 got to host all their bowl games in cold weather against Boise St, we'd be 5-0 as well.

Not so fast... I'm not conceding it... yet. Not when your best teams haven't even played yet.

Tennessee was a loss if played on neutral field without ref aide and we see that being played out by Mizzou playing on a nuetral site against ArKANSAS who blasted LSU a few weeks back. 5-0 is VERY, VERY questionable at this point.

updated.

Missouri 38

Arkansas (whom walked over LSU) 7

:D

Add this to the Tenn loss that the refs reversed and Michigan walking on Florida and it doesn't look like a good bowl season for the best conference in history.

Edited by theeohiostate

updated.

Missouri 38

Add this to the Tenn loss that the refs reversed and Michigan walking on Florida and it doesn't look like a good bowl season for the best conference in history.

Forgot to add, that Arkansas team that scored 7 today, had 50 points a few weeks ago agasint LSU :D

updated.

Missouri 38

This game should be a blowout. An unranked middle of the road SEC team with a lame duck coaching staff vs. the #6 team in the country, a team that should be in a BCS game.

All this talk about the SEC being dominant is dumb, IMHO (and I'm an SEC homer.) All of the big 6 conferences have plenty of speed and plenty of athletes. I do beileve that the worst the SEC will do will be 7-2, which is impressive. I think Florida wins going away despite the halftime deficit. If they go 8-1, it will be hard to argue against them as being very very good, at least this year.

And TOSU, if you have ever traveled to any national event in which Wisconsin was involved, you'd know that they never play an away game in the postseason. Ticket brokers took monster baths last time Wisconsin played in the Rose Bowl (I know, I lost almost 60 grand,) and even when they make the final four a wave of red mist takes the city over. I'm sure the outback crowd was close to even.

I love the fact that fans of teams in other conferences, rather than talking about their own teams, spend time trying to knock the SEC down. I guess I can understand the obsession for Ohio State fans, seeing they have never beaten us in a bowl game and got slaughtered as an overwhelming favorite last year. The SEC has never lost a BCS title game and I don't see that streak ending this year. After LSU takes care of business the SEC will be 4-0 and will have won 4 of the 10 BCS titles (no other conference has won 3 - ACC 1, Pac 10 1, Big 12 2, Big 10 1, Big East 1 (Miami was still in the Big East when they won theirs.) While not dominant, to the unbiased eye, the SEC is the top conference in the nation on a long term basis. This does not mean they are the best every year, but they are never out of the top 2 or 3.

Edited by Cyclones

This game should be a blowout. An unranked middle of the road SEC team with a lame duck coaching staff vs. the #6 team in the country, a team that should be in a BCS game.

All this talk about the SEC being dominant is dumb, IMHO (and I'm an SEC homer.) All of the big 6 conferences have plenty of speed and plenty of athletes. I do beileve that the worst the SEC will do will be 7-2, which is impressive. I think Florida wins going away despite the halftime deficit. If they go 8-1, it will be hard to argue against them as being very very good, at least this year.

And TOSU, if you have ever traveled to any national event in which Wisconsin was involved, you'd know that they never play an away game in the postseason. Ticket brokers took monster baths last time Wisconsin played in the Rose Bowl (I know, I lost almost 60 grand,) and even when they make the final four a wave of red mist takes the city over. I'm sure the outback crowd was close to even.

I love the fact that fans of teams in other conferences, rather than talking about their own teams, spend time trying to knock the SEC down. I guess I can understand the obsession for Ohio State fans, seeing they have never beaten us in a bowl game and got slaughtered as an overwhelming favorite last year. The SEC has never lost a BCS title game and I don't see that streak ending this year. After LSU takes care of business the SEC will be 4-0 and will have won 4 of the 10 BCS titles (no other conference has won 3 - ACC 1, Pac 10 1, Big 12 2, Big 10 1, Big East 1 (Miami was still in the Big East when they won theirs.) While not dominant, the SEC makes a case for being the top conference for anyone without an axe to grind.

You wrote all this, just to say the SEC is faster then the Big 10?

I already know this, Rocker told me last week.

Michigan 28

Florida 14

You wrote all this, just to say the SEC is faster then the Big 10?

I already know this, Rocker told me last week.

Michigan 28

Florida 14

Typical ignorance, TOSU. I mentioned nothing about any conference being faster than another. You and Sarge never cease to amaze me with your stupidity. You both talk big games but I wouldnt be shocked it you were both teenagers.

I agree, SEC will be the best if they can go 7-2 or 8-1. But lets not talk crazy. 5-0 is great, but again... they've beaten a mid-major, a JV FSU team, and a poor slow Big Ten team. 3 gimmes.

They play who was put in front of them. The FSU team was far from JV. They're not shy on talent - it certainly hurt them in the depth department on defense.

Wisconsin was ranked what, 18? Tennessee was 16 I think, that game was a pick em. Unless you are saying Wisconsin was overrated, which would mean the Big 10 is as bad as some say it is, which I dont agree with. Auburn played a team ranked ahead of them and won. There is plenty of parity across the big 6 conferences, none of them is dominant. The SEC is a whisker above the rest this year though.

No I'm saying, that SEC homers here, and others, have been trashing the Big Ten all year long based on 1 game LAST year, so Wisconsin must suck.

That's true - if there is any one entity to blame for the propogation of "SEC Speed," it's the Ohio State University Football team. Michigan had a hand in it as well, getting thrashed by USC in the Rose last year, but OSU simply looked slow and outmanned vs. Florida. If they play 10 times last year, they probably split, or maybe OSU even wins 6 of them - but the one that counted made the Big Ten mantle holder look really bad, and by default the rest of the conference has sufferred.

What Michigan is doing to Florida today should help the perception.

Is the SEC good? Yeah, of course. But so are 5 other conferences. (Well 4 anyway, not sure what to make of the Big East.)

That's true - if there is any one entity to blame for the propogation of "SEC Speed," it's the Ohio State University Football team. Michigan had a hand in it as well, getting thrashed by USC in the Rose last year, but OSU simply looked slow and outmanned vs. Florida. If they play 10 times last year, they probably split, or maybe OSU even wins 6 of them - but the one that counted made the Big Ten mantle holder look really bad, and by default the rest of the conference has sufferred.

What Michigan is doing to Florida today should help the perception.

Is the SEC good? Yeah, of course. But so are 5 other conferences. (Well 4 anyway, not sure what to make of the Big East.)

Please stop making sense. This is the College Football Forum. Thanks in advance.

I agree, SEC will be the best if they can go 7-2 or 8-1. But lets not talk crazy. 5-0 is great, but again... they've beaten a mid-major, a JV FSU team, and a poor slow Big Ten team. 3 gimmes.

The problem is that there are not enough good teams to match up with the SEC. You call them gimmies but the oddsmakers certainly didn't think so.

They play who was put in front of them. The FSU team was far from JV. They're not shy on talent - it certainly hurt them in the depth department on defense

Yep, those 36 players in addition to the 3 injured during the game had little effect on their depth :D

Dumbest post of the new year..........easily.