[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Bowl Records

theeohiostate

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, those 36 players in addition to the 3 injured during the game had little effect on their depth :D

Dumbest post of the new year..........easily.

That's funny - I wasn't aware that in Ohio, "it certainly affected their depth" meant "had little effect on their depth."

More signs that TOSU is a teeny bopper.

Have you not read BeeR's and/or Rockerbraves' posts? Well, I haven't read any of RB's since dude's on ignore.... but I can only assume diarrhea is spewing as it did in '07.

I can't imagine anyone who's got Rockerbraves on ignore doesn't have TOSser on ignore as well.

Down year, with all the drivel from you rocker, and the media, this has been the greatest year ever for the SEC.

Not sure what you consider drivel? I have simply stated like it is. Problem most have on this forum like Darin and TOS is they can't handle the truth.

Believe me, should LSU win the NC you will certainly see the SEC even more highly regarded in all the polls than this season.

And rightfully so. But there has been no shortage on SEC fans in this forum talking about how great it is. So, if it's a down year, why does that come out now, and not say... when you were tooting your own horn in October?

Think if you look go back and look at my post you won't find too many things that haven't come true.

Even in a down year the SEC is still the best conference. If you haven't noticed it's not like the SEC teams have blown out their opponents this bowl season, but they have gotten more than their share of wins. Don't think anyone can fault the Hogs for their loss to Missouri and I have given congrats to the Wolverines for their nice win over the Gators.

To be honest I'm always abit surprise when someone like Darin who I have never debated thinks my posts are way out of whack. :D

I think if I go back and look I'll see a lot of "look at my LSU team, look how many ranked wins they have over all of these SEC teams." Which certainly doesn't imply that you felt it was a down year for the SEC, and if it is a down year for the SEC, are you saying that a down year is the only time LSU can win the conference?

I think if I go back and look I'll see a lot of "look at my LSU team, look how many ranked wins they have over all of these SEC teams." Which certainly doesn't imply that you felt it was a down year for the SEC, and if it is a down year for the SEC, are you saying that a down year is the only time LSU can win the conference?

The backpedalling has begun. Rockers has come to his senses and realized LSU isn't that good , now he wants an out when the Bucks win in their backyard :D

Pathetic !

Edited by theeohiostate

I believe last year's LSU squad would beat this year's LSU team , if that is what you are asking.

I am more than pleased to see the SEC somewhat prove me wrong with their fine showing this bowl season. Mark this down if you want to prove me wrong, but IMO you'll see an even stronger SEC next year.

I believe last year's LSU squad would beat this year's LSU team , if that is what you are asking.

I am more than pleased to see the SEC somewhat prove me wrong with their fine showing this bowl season. Mark this down if you want to prove me wrong, but IMO you'll see an even stronger SEC next year.

Actually I was referring to about every post you made during this season. I do agree, last years LSU team would beat this years. Last years Michigan, USC, Ohio State would beat this years LSU team, not to mention Florida who did beat last years LSU team. I think it's a down year in all of college football, but then again, I've been saying that since late september.

Actually I was referring to about every post you made during this season. I do agree, last years LSU team would beat this years. Last years Michigan, USC, Ohio State would beat this years LSU team, not to mention Florida who did beat last years LSU team. I think it's a down year in all of college football, but then again, I've been saying that since late september.

If we all band together and simply ignore the guy and never respond to any of his posts, perhaps the 'tard will find another message board. One can hope.

How each BCS Conference has fared during the 32 postseason games

BCS Conference Schools Record Percentage

1. SEC (9) Ala,Ark,Aub,Fla,Ga,Ky,LSU,MissSt,Ten 6-2 .750

2. Pac-10 (6) ASU,Cal,Ore,OSU,UCLA,USC 4-2 .667

3. Big 12 (8) CU,KU,Mis,OU,OSU,Tex,TexA&M,TT 4-3 .571

4. Big East (5) Cin,Rut,UConn,USF,WV 2-2 .500

5. Big Ten (8) Ill,Ind,Mich,MichSt,OSU,PSU,Pur,Wis 3-4 .429

6. ACC (8) BC,Clem,FSU,GT,Mary,UVa.,VT,WF 2-5 .400

SEC has a chance to be the first conference in the history of college football to win 7 bowl games in a season. :D

How each BCS Conference has fared during the 32 postseason games

BCS Conference Schools Record Percentage

1. SEC (9) Ala,Ark,Aub,Fla,Ga,Ky,LSU,MissSt,Ten 6-2 .750

2. Pac-10 (6) ASU,Cal,Ore,OSU,UCLA,USC 4-2 .667

3. Big 12 (8) CU,KU,Mis,OU,OSU,Tex,TexA&M,TT 4-3 .571

4. Big East (5) Cin,Rut,UConn,USF,WV 2-2 .500

5. Big Ten (8) Ill,Ind,Mich,MichSt,OSU,PSU,Pur,Wis 3-4 .429

6. ACC (8) BC,Clem,FSU,GT,Mary,UVa.,VT,WF 2-5 .400

SEC has a chance to be the first conference in the history of college football to win 7 bowl games in a season. :D

pretty much on par with how the conferences looked and were rated all year.

No surprises really.........

Big 12 has 4 teams in the top 10, SEC has 2, and those 2 didnt play each other or there may only be 1. I hardly think the SEC is the best conference, and LSU certainy isnt the best team in the SEC, or the nation. In fact SC would put half a hundred on that LSU defense, in a rout. ans GA would beat LSU in New Orleans by 2 scores easily. LSU got lucky every step fo the way, and will probably be the only 2 loss NC ever. And that is because they backed into a home game against OSU.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Big 12 has 4 teams in the top 10, SEC has 2, and those 2 didnt play each other or there may only be 1. I hardly think the SEC is the best conference, and LSU certainy isnt the best team in the SEC, or the nation. In fact SC would put half a hundred on that LSU defense, in a rout. ans GA would beat LSU in New Orleans by 2 scores easily. LSU got lucky every step fo the way, and will probably be the only 2 loss NC ever. And that is because they backed into a home game against OSU.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

OK, for starters, if you take the top four ranked teams from each the SEC and Big 12, the SEC averages out slightly better (avg. rank of 7 rather than 7.25). Push it out to top 5, the spread is slightly greater. Now, that's not a huge difference but it's concrete data from the very same link you posted. Don't get me wrong, the Big 12 had a very nice year and I even admitted as much before.

Of course, in your mythical world where teams that didn't play actually played each other, perhaps things would be different. Of course, in your mythical world, OU is the best team each year and they're 0-4 in their last 4 BCS games. So, forgive me if I don't place a lot of credence in what you say.

OK, for starters, if you take the top four ranked teams from each the SEC and Big 12, the SEC averages out slightly better (avg. rank of 7 rather than 7.25). Push it out to top 5, the spread is slightly greater. Now, that's not a huge difference but it's concrete data from the very same link you posted. Don't get me wrong, the Big 12 had a very nice year and I even admitted as much before.

Of course, in your mythical world where teams that didn't play actually played each other, perhaps things would be different. Of course, in your mythical world, OU is the best team each year and they're 0-4 in their last 4 BCS games. So, forgive me if I don't place a lot of credence in what you say.

:D:D:D:wacko: