[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iverson to the Pistons?

THE SIX KINGS

Nuggets: 6-1 since acquiring Chauncey Billups.... AI... shooting 30% on a regular basis. Great trade, Dumars! :wacko: 3-3 since the trade. AI is not a point guard.

Big game in the east tonight, Cavs at Pistons. Cavs playing amazing ball in the 2nd half of their last 3 games.

CLE 57, NJ 30

CLE 59, UTA 40

CLE 52, DEN 40

Cavs with just 1 turnover in the 2nd half of each game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuggets: 6-1 since acquiring Chauncey Billups.... AI... shooting 30% on a regular basis. Great trade, Dumars! :wacko: 3-3 since the trade. AI is not a point guard.

Since AI has been a Piston they've beaten the Lakers, Warriors, and Kings on the Road. They lost to Phoenix on the road and Boston at home and NJ at home. I wouldn't say that's that bad of a stretch.

Denver has beaten Memphis at home, Minn. at home, Milwaukee at home, Charlotte on the Road.

They had one real nice win against Boston on the road and then a good loss to Cleveland.

Not exactly apples to apples.

Let's give it a month or two.

But here's my early thoughts. Denver does look better with Chaunce but let's take a longer look at this.

Detroit, still jelling a bit. Sheed still a key night in and night out. I like the prospect of the end product. Depends on the bigs.

I think in the end I'll lose my bet with Az and I think they'll both win about 52 games.

ETA: AI shooting 40% since with the Pistons. 46% last year. I'm more worried about Rip of course. He's going to have to adjust a bit. Could be the longest transition.

Edited by chiefjay

Pistons lost the first two and the disruption in the offense was noticeable. However they have gone 4-1 since then including beating the previously unbeaten Lakers on the road last Friday.

As much as everyone wants to dismiss the cap room freed up, that's preposterous. This trade won't be judged until we see what is done with that money, IMO. We simply were not going to win the championship with the same team we had. Everyone here knows that. Making the Eastern conference finals isn't the goal for this franchise. Will we win this year with A.I.? Doubtful, but we may have a punchers chance. If not, we are in the same place we were with Billups except we have a boat load of cash to improve the team going forward.

Not sure why people (especially those who understand basketball like you D), refuse to acknowledge the importance of the freed up cap space. This trade was not just about this year. It was as much about building a better team going forward instead of watching the same five guys grow old together. Joe D. knows what he's doing (most of the time).

Not sure why people (especially those who understand basketball like you D), refuse to acknowledge the importance of the freed up cap space. This trade was not just about this year. It was as much about building a better team going forward instead of watching the same five guys grow old together. Joe D. knows what he's doing (most of the time).

I hear ya... my responses are really geared to those (and not just on this board) that have been saying that the Pistons are a better team with AI for THIS season.

We'll see how it all plays out.

I hear ya... my responses are really geared to those (and not just on this board) that have been saying that the Pistons are a better team with AI for THIS season.

We'll see how it all plays out.

In the end they may or may not be a better team but to our point The Pistons weren't going to win the Championship wiht the same Roster as previous years. They may get bounced in round 2 or 3 but if that happens then we re-group next year in Free Agency as we've talked about.

I think we'll see more and more Stuckey at PG and Rip / AI / TP rotating at the 2 throughout the game with AI also getting minutes at the 1 and of course RIP and Prince getting minutes at the 3 and maybe even some at the 1.

Okay the 26-point loss at home to the hapless Timberwolves (on the heels of getting drubbed by the Celtics) has me more than concerned for this year. That cap room better be used wisely (although the Knicks took a hugh step toward making a bid for Lebron over the weekend by trading for expiring contracts).

Okay the 26-point loss at home to the hapless Timberwolves (on the heels of getting drubbed by the Celtics) has me more than concerned for this year. That cap room better be used wisely (although the Knicks took a hugh step toward making a bid for Lebron over the weekend by trading for expiring contracts).

Whoever was doing color for the ESPN game on Wednesday night was convinced that the Knicks are not only going to land LeBron, but Chris Bosh too. :wacko:

As a Timberwolves fan, I have to just tell you that the Detroit drubbing was most likely a case of winning despite the coach. I have sat through three live games this year (Sacramento which we won, San Antonio which we lost in double OT letting Parker rattle up 55 points and Boston which we were annihilated in) and we have major coaching issues. There is talent on the team but the coach and the infamous front office, including the owner, suck.

We have led a lot of our games this year by significant margins but blow leads all the time because the coach has no clue about adjustments.

I had the joy of taking my 10 year old son to see that pathetic excuse of a game. Sheed tries occasionally, AI was just off, Prince looked good, RIP was off but you can see the tension there during the player announcements between him and AI but I will say they passed to each other quite a bit.

I've been to two games in the last two years and both games we lost to bad teams.

F'n pistons.

That chit will not fly in Detroit. Showing his true colors after talking such a good game about trying to create chemistry and all that. I wasn't watching when he got into the game today, but am curious if it was to boos or cheers.

Not only will become hated by the fans if that stuff ever happens again but I have to imagine it pissed his teammates off even more. Every one of them showed up to practice on Thanksgiving. Hey, if you lose to the Timberwolves by 26 at home, it's obvious practice is in order.

This is one schizophrenic team. Lose to the Twolves and Blazers at home. Just beat the Spurs on the road by 12 points and gave the Lakers their only loss on the road. :D

Par for the course with an Iverson-led squad. :D

Denver is like 12-3 or somethin' with Billups at the helm. Will say it again: if the Nuggs were not in the West, they'd be the ones challenging the Celtics for East supremacy, not the Pistons.

And yes, Peeston fans, I realize this trade "wasn't for this year". Blah blah blah. Who are you really going after? Bosh? LeBron? :D I'll stand by my general statement: it was a bad trade... for now and for the future. Just my :wacko: ...

Par for the course with an Iverson-led squad. :D

Denver is like 12-3 or somethin' with Billups at the helm. Will say it again: if the Nuggs were not in the West, they'd be the ones challenging the Celtics for East supremacy, not the Pistons.

And yes, Peeston fans, I realize this trade "wasn't for this year". Blah blah blah. Who are you really going after? Bosh? LeBron? :D I'll stand by my general statement: it was a bad trade... for now and for the future. Just my :wacko: ...

Hater.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was stated somewhere in this thread, but for some reason I'm not seeing it.... but I swear someone mentioned that they heard they may start bringing Rip off the bench. Well, today the guys on PTI discussed the Peestons doing just that. What a horrible idea and slap in the face (for the face of that franchise). He is, of course, the consummate team guy and is willing to do whatever it takes to make the team better, but wow. Why not bring AI off the bench since all he is is instant offense?

Now, Stuckey has turned out to be a stud, but he's 6'5" and probably not strong/experienced enough to handle the bigger guards.

So now they got two guys that are not built to lead offenses starting at guard. :wacko:

Edited by darin3

He is, of course, the consummate team guy and is willing to do whatever it takes to make the team better, but wow. Why not bring AI off the bench since all he is is instant offense?

Now, Stuckey has turned out to be a stud, but he's 6'5" and probably not strong/experienced enough to handle the bigger guards.

I actually agree with bringing Iverson off the bench for the reason you state and the fact that he can create his own shot better than Rip. However, the bolded part has been called into question recently. He has been anything but accommodating regarding coming off the bench. He's a hotter head than people outside the D can see. I think he had more technicals than Rasheed last year. He has had a very difficult time adjusting to life without Billups. Embarrassingly so at times.

As far as Stuckey goes, he is plenty strong. I have no problem with him being the starting PG (he still has something to learn about involving others in the offense however).

As bad as they are playing, I'm still okay with the trade DEPENDING on what we do with the cap space in the next two years. The Pistons were still not winning the championship this year regardless. So what's the difference in a first round exit or a second :wacko:

I actually agree with bringing Iverson off the bench for the reason you state and the fact that he can create his own shot better than Rip. However, the bolded part has been called into question recently. He has been anything but accommodating regarding coming off the bench. He's a hotter head than people outside the D can see. I think he had more technicals than Rasheed last year. He has had a very difficult time adjusting to life without Billups. Embarrassingly so at times.

As far as Stuckey goes, he is plenty strong. I have no problem with him being the starting PG (he still has something to learn about involving others in the offense however).

As bad as they are playing, I'm still okay with the trade DEPENDING on what we do with the cap space in the next two years. The Pistons were still not winning the championship this year regardless. So what's the difference in a first round exit or a second :D

Well, re: the bolded statement... I was just going off what ESPN reported he said today. I should have probably included some sort of link. So yeah here ya go ... haven't been paying attention to Peeston hoops much so not sure how he's been playing as of late.

So wait, Stuckey's going to be the PG? Will he guard the opposing PG? If so, that leaves AI to guard the bigger opposing SG? :wacko: I know first-hand that switching assignments in terms of O and D sucks big time.

Interested to see how this all pans out.