[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hockey Playoff Predictions

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you guys think an NHL strike/lockout is just unbelievable to consider 
It's really frustrating to consider, but it seems almost a foregone conclusion that a lockout is ahead. They should have solved this back in '95, but they punted. One of the big problems is the degree of acrimony between both sides - tough to negotiate when no one set of numbers is accepted.

One of the reasons that the Wings signed Lidstrom was to prevent him from going home to Sweden like Forsberg may do. Another fallout from the stoppage is that the NHL will lose a number of older players who don't have many seasons left.

And yeah, I saw the Hossa goal! I enjoyed having him this year. My favorite is still the Lang goal on Wed night - great balance and puck control! applause applause

been some great hockey so far. thumbs_u This is the best time of the playoffs IMHO.... 1st. rd. It's like the opening weekend on the NCAA tourney...... games on every night.... all good. Not to mention the canadian games on CBC if you get that.... even though they're bias bastuds on their telecasts. :D

The Toronto-Ottawa series has been awesome. Belfour was a frigg'in brick wall last night smash ..... absolutely outstanding performance.

Down Goes Frazia:

Not to mention the canadian games on CBC if you get that.... even though they're bias bastuds on their telecasts. :D

Yeah, f'ing Canadians. Bassturds booed the US National Anthem in Montreal. :rolleyes: :

Has been great hockey though, and soon enough we'll have less Canadian teams, since Montreal will lose, as will Ottawa and either Calgary or Vancouver. It's great that 2 of the first round matchups will eliminate a Canadian team. jump

Don't boo our national anthem you inferior disrespectful half French pole smokers. coach

Originally posted by Sensai H1:

It's great that 2 of the first round matchups will eliminate a Canadian team.

nail on head H-1. thumbs_u

Then on CBC when they're telecasting an all-American playoff game (only because they have to)..... they only give props to canadian players. :D

It's truly over the top.

Go back to the 1st page of this thread and read how you eggsperts were predicting a Red Wing sweep. Some folks said the Preds might win 1. Well, Nashville has outplayed Dirtroit in 3 out of 4 games. The Wings are lucky that the series is tied, 2-2. Heart and hustle can beat high priced prima donna's. Bottom line: Preds are biatch slapping Hockey town. Get ready boys, there is a new sheriff in town.

One HELL of a win by the Bruins tonight in 2 OTs. Puts them one game away from slappin' the hated Habs out of the Cup chase with 2 games in Beantown coming up.

Down Goes Frazia:

nice frigg'in fake job by kovalev with the wrist injury lol .... cost them the game.

total heads up play by murray.

Talk about poetic justice with that Rosie O'Donnell Ribiero faking an injury in the game before. Go Bruins baby.

spain:

Go back to the 1st page of this thread and read how you eggsperts were predicting a Red Wing sweep.  Some folks said the Preds might win 1.  Well, Nashville has outplayed Dirtroit in 3 out of 4 games.  The Wings are lucky that the series is tied, 2-2.  Heart and hustle can beat high priced prima donna's.  Bottom line:  Preds are biatch slapping Hockey town.  Get ready boys, there is a new sheriff in town.

Where were you before with your prediction, bandwagon boy. Stick to talking what you know about, sheep and incest.

FWIW, I give the Preds a lot of credit, but they will not win this series, but they will establish themselves as a playoof team for the future. I'd love to see the Wings ousted, again, in the first round, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

spain:

Go back to the 1st page of this thread and read how you eggsperts were predicting a Red Wing sweep.  Some folks said the Preds might win 1.  Well, Nashville has outplayed Dirtroit in 3 out of 4 games.  The Wings are lucky that the series is tied, 2-2.  Heart and hustle can beat high priced prima donna's.  Bottom line:  Preds are biatch slapping Hockey town.  Get ready boys, there is a new sheriff in town.

....well, well, well..... the lone pred fan in the huddle is all full of himself & spread'n smack like the offering basket in his baptist church on Sundays. eek! Spainolla, you'll need to go to nhl.com to see who plays on yer squad..... seeing as I bet you can't name one player. lol

I believe you predicted your Nashville Nipples (I mean TIT-ans) were gonna win the Super Bowl too. :D

Seeing as you've not chimmed in hear ONCE all year here on a hockey thread..... I'll assume you've not watched a game all year either. Your beloved Preds have got speed to burn ..... a very good goalie in Vokoun & maybe the best 1-2 combo in Sullivan & Walker.

Not enough there to be the new sheriff in town..... but maybe you can be Barney Fife & we'll give you a bullet to put in your front pocket. :P

It's been pretty painful watching the Wings in this round. But, keep in mind, that this is the way that the first round has gone for the Wings for the last decade! Anaheim last year, Vancouver in '02, LA in '01, etc. Most good hockey fans would know that and I expect morons like Spain to be shooting off their mouths at this point. smash

They've outshot the Preds big-time, but give up an odd-man break and get stung. Legace's been okay, but he should have stopped that 2nd goal last night. We'll probably see CuJo on Thu. I was worried about Vokoun pulling a Jiggy and it looks like he's doing his best interpretation. But the Wings's PP unit absolutely blows - they can't even get Hull's slapshot off. And Derian Hatcher looks he's pulling a boat trailer - man, is he slow! wall_bas

Preds have to win 2 of 3 in Detroit, so let's not call the series over yet. Stevie Y has got to call them to task and fire up the Joe.

By the way, I loved that ending to the B's game last night! Nice job, Kovalev, welcome to Montreal! applause

Originally posted by RWings:

We'll probably see CuJo on Thu.

the last 17 or 18 minutes last night was key..... smart move gett'in him some time in the nets before Thursday.

Combine the age & lack of speed on the Wings & the raw frigg'in speed of the Preds & it gets magnified even more. The Preds match up well with them.

Down Goes Frazia:

Combine the age & lack of speed on the Wings & the raw frigg'in speed of the Preds & it gets magnified even more. The Preds match up well with them.

Yeah, I was actually hoping they we'd get Edmonton or St. Looie - the Preds are scrappy and fast and Vokoun scares me. But, it's not like the Wings are plodders - Draper, Datsyuk, Zetterberg can all fly. It's just that the Wings are acting undisciplined and the Preds are playing an opportunistic system.

Down Goes Frazia:

the last 17 or 18 minutes last night was key..... smart move gett'in him some time in the nets before Thursday.

Yep, although I think Legace is a very good backup goalie, there is no way the Wings go to the big dance with him between the pipes.

And Rwings, I couldn't agree more about Hatcher. He looks exceptionally sluggish, almost painful to watch. I think he's hurting them more than helping them.

And BTW have I mentioned F*CK CANADA recently? brow

GO BRUINS!

Originally posted by Sensai H1:

And BTW have I mentioned F*CK CANADA recently? brow

GO BRUINS!

.... yeah looks like I'll be eat'in some crow on my Habs pick. Just love Theodore as he carries my ass all year in the puddle. It's tough though... when you gotta turn away 40 + shots a game just to keep your club in it.

Last nights f*ckup by Kovalev was the final nail. smash

I am not a hockey fan per se, although I went to 7 games this year(that's about average for me since the Pred's came to Nashville). Like most southerners, I grew up with football, football, and more football. The first and last time I went ice skating was when I was in Colorado my senior year of high school. So, I never claimed to be an eggspert on Canada's game.

But as I have watched a good part of each of the games in this series, I realize that the Dead Wings are NOT God's gift to hockey. The 8th seeded Pred's have played the 1st seed Wings hard each game. It is a given the Dirtoit will be in the playoffs each year with a roster full of all-stars. Nashville has never been in the playoffs and wasnt even assured a spot this year until the last day of the season. The classic David vs Goliath, and David is kicking his arse.

I did notice that the Wings are a dirty team who uses cheap shot tactics when they are losing. The Pred's dont respect these old geezers because of their poor sportsmanship. Nashville is young, inexperienced, and hungry. Detroit is complacent and expects teams like the Predators to just roll over. Well, it aint going to happen. Nobody expected this young scrappy Pred's bunch to win 2 games and almost 3 games in this series. Nashville has all the momentum and the Wings are doubting themselves. Now the series moves back to the Ghetto City. If the Preds can steal one there like Detroit citizens steal welfare money, Nashville will win this series. The Dead wings cant beat the Preds in the GEC...

Down Goes Frazia

.... yeah looks like I'll be eat'in some crow on my Habs pick. Just love Theodore as he carries my ass all year in the puddle. It's tough though... when you gotta turn away 40 + shots a game just to keep your club in it.

Same thing he did in the Bruins/Habs series a couple years back, only THIS time, the Bs have a goaltender who can match him save-for-save in Raycroft. Man, that kid's good. cool_thu