[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami heat

Do Work Son

This combo of players will be the biggest flameout in NBA history.

Yep, I predicted disaster for this group as well. They'll make their way through most of the regular season based on athleticism at home, but a decent defensive team is going to keep all five defenders in the key and make Wade and LeBron hit jumpers to beat them. If the Heat were going to be special, Mike Miller was going to have to be their MVP, and he is now hurt for quite a while. Can James Jones carry ALL of the outside shooting for this team? Wade and LeBron are both great players, but they share the same major weakness. This is a flawed team. Their talent will get them to the playoffs, but my bet is that they don't get far once they get there.

Yep, I predicted disaster for this group as well. They'll make their way through most of the regular season based on athleticism at home, but a decent defensive team is going to keep all five defenders in the key and make Wade and LeBron hit jumpers to beat them. If the Heat were going to be special, Mike Miller was going to have to be their MVP, and he is now hurt for quite a while. Can James Jones carry ALL of the outside shooting for this team? Wade and LeBron are both great players, but they share the same major weakness. This is a flawed team. Their talent will get them to the playoffs, but my bet is that they don't get far once they get there.

I agree that the Heat will likely underachieve, but this has to be a joke... Miller hasn't been the MVP of anything since his days at Florida. He's nothing more than a role player in the NBA. A critical role to fill, sure, but MVP? Don't think so.

The problem with the team that Miami has assembled is that they don't have much of an inside force. Sure, they'll win some games simply on talent alone, but the playoffs is a different animal than the regular season. Each possession matters in the playoffs, and the Heat don't have the gritty sort of inside player that they need to win a championship, in my opinion. As nice of a player as Bosh is, he's a finesse power forward... not the kind of guy that is going to dominate the paint. Haslem is more dominant inside than Bosh is, and that's not saying much.

Don't get me wrong... I think they'll likely win somewhere in the neighborhood of 55-60 games, maybe even more. I just don't think putting the three studs together that they did automatically makes them the favorite to win a championship. There are at least 3-4 teams that have a better shot, based on a combination of team chemistry, better balance, and superior defense/rebounding than what the Heat have.

Should be fun to watch how the season progresses, but let's face it... nothing really matters in the NBA until April-June, which is when we will see what this team is really made of.

• 3 weeks later...