Sign in to follow this  
montster

The Walking Dead on AMC

Anyone watching "The Walking Dead" on AMC? One of my favorite shows right now, and one of the only ones I can't wait to watch. Sucks that there's only one more episode, and, even though they've renewed it for 13 more, I don't think they'll air them until next fall.

I like it

I've been reading the comic book for years. I always thought it would make a great show. I'm looking forward to seeing it now.

Anyone watching "The Walking Dead" on AMC? One of my favorite shows right now, and one of the only ones I can't wait to watch. Sucks that there's only one more episode, and, even though they've renewed it for 13 more, I don't think they'll air them until next fall.

I am hooked big time. This show is a very good drama even without the Zombies. But the zombies are freaking fantastic and they do not pull any punches with the gore factor on the show. I mean, eating an entire horse in a matter of minutes was awesome! The pick-ax to the head, multiple times, until the skull simply turned to mush was also awesome!

The cast is great and the acting is very well done.

ETA: The redneck brother at the camp is my favorite character right now

Edited by cliaz

I've never really cared for zombie movies and such, but I keep hearing good things about this show.

it's not really about zombies, it's more a post-apocalyptic kind of thing.

ETA: The redneck brother at the camp is my favorite character right now

I have not read the comics, so perhaps this was addressed there. I also avoided the spoilers in the recent Entertainment Weekly story. But my theory about Merle

is that he stole the truck and drove a bunch of zombies up to the camp to get revenge on them for leaving him.

I told one friend this, and he said that was totally obvious, while another friend said it never occurred to her. So I'm either pretty clever or sorta dumb.

I have not read the comics, so perhaps this was addressed there. I also avoided the spoilers in the recent Entertainment Weekly story. But my theory about Merle

is that he stole the truck and drove a bunch of zombies up to the camp to get revenge on them for leaving him.

I told one friend this, and he said that was totally obvious, while another friend said it never occurred to her. So I'm either pretty clever or sorta dumb.

maybe he stole a different truck, but I think that the truck the group was using was open from driver seat to the back.

So why don't the zombies eat each other? Do they address that? Is there some zombie code?

The last 2 shows have been a bit of a snoozefest.

So why don't the zombies eat each other? Do they address that? Is there some zombie code?

They're only attracted to living flesh. There's a segment in episode three where they discuss it and use it to their advantage... reminded me of the movie "Serenity" and how they used it with the Rievers.

Zombies have dead flesh. I guess the essential nutrients that zombies need exist only in the flesh of the living.

They're only attracted to living flesh. There's a segment in episode three where they discuss it and use it to their advantage... reminded me of the movie "Serenity" and how they used it with the Rievers.

Zombies have dead flesh. I guess the essential nutrients that zombies need exist only in the flesh of the living.

OK, so this isn't a spin-off of I Am Legend? I always assumed that was the case. So, these aren't people infected with some disease but actual living dead? I mean, I realize that's in the title, But I've only seen bits and pieces (which I did find entertaining, btw) and assumed it was some sort of deal like the movie (minus the bit about them only coming out after dark and the fact that they move slowly, of course).

So why don't the zombies eat each other? Do they address that?

:wacko: seriously? this is your logical problem with the verisimitude of zombie movies? :tup:

So why don't the zombies eat each other?

They're not cannibals. Gawd!

:wacko: seriously? this is your logical problem with the verisimitude of zombie movies? :tup:

Detlef's version of a post-apocalyptic world is one in which no one makes restaurant reservations. It's called "The Walk-in Dead."

But my theory about Merle

That was the first idea that popped into my head.

ETA: I think the show is good but not so great as some of you make it sound.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

:tup: Well, if I was surrounded by zombies the thought would cross my mind.

Though that does remind me. I had a step dad who was kind of a dick. I remember we were watching one of the Death Wish movies. Dude is blowing up half of NYC in order to stop a group of street thugs. Crazy stuff happening all over the place. And, out of nowhere, he says, "Oh, what crap. You would never use a gun of that caliber at such close range."

Detlef's version of a post-apocalyptic world is one in which no one makes restaurant reservations. It's called "The Walk-in Dead."

:wacko:

I love the show. Can't wait for it to become reality. Already have my pickaxe and baseball bat.

:wacko:

OK, so this isn't a spin-off of I Am Legend? I always assumed that was the case. So, these aren't people infected with some disease but actual living dead? I mean, I realize that's in the title, But I've only seen bits and pieces (which I did find entertaining, btw) and assumed it was some sort of deal like the movie (minus the bit about them only coming out after dark and the fact that they move slowly, of course).

The comic is a spin-off of every single Zombie movie that came before. Mainly, it borrows from George Romero's Night of the Living Dead and its sequels. Just like that movie, it's a contrast of how horrible the zombies are, but how much worse the humans are. Same theme as The Beach, 28 Days, and of course the original concept was from Lord of the Flies.

Edited by electricrelish

verisimitude

[spellingnazi] verisimilitude [/spellingnazi]