[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cliff Lee a PHILLY again!

keggerz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wowzers. I was torn on Lee. He's an ace, but a 7 year deal is going to be horrible on the backside of the deal... Great fit for Philly though. Hopefully JD and Ryan go and trade for Greinke.

supposedly a 5 year dea/100 millionl with an option or some such for a 6th year

supposedly a 5 year dea/100 millionl with an option or some such for a 6th year

The Yankees were offering a 7 year deal. Locals here reported that Texas offered a 7 year deal as well... If he was going to go to texas, it would have taken 7 year deal.

If you're right about the 5 year deal, I want to see the the players union says on it.

now if we can trade Victorino and Howard for some young players to fill out the roster and some bullpen help, we'll be set...

trade Howard and bring up the young kid who is a 1st baseman and apparently good and trade Victorino who might be the best CF in the game, but his offense has been killing me....

or they could move Rollins...there's a lot of talk about them being pissed at him or whatever....:wacko: who knows...but this 4 man rotation is on another planet...

Just stop it!

now if we can trade Victorino and Howard for some young players to fill out the roster and some bullpen help, we'll be set...

trade Howard and bring up the young kid who is a 1st baseman and apparently good and trade Victorino who might be the best CF in the game, but his offense has been killing me....

or they could move Rollins...there's a lot of talk about them being pissed at him or whatever....:wacko: who knows...but

this 4 man rotation is on another planet...

Man, Lee really hates the Yankees. He turned down over $40 million in guaranteed money? :wacko:

More likely he was afraid of bombing in the Big City(as so many have done).

Which is why you will never see Grienke in Pinstripes.

Edited by SLAYER

amazing. And Good for Lee. he gets to go back to the National League. Love watching the phils, and they will be on a ton. Ryan Howard always seems to be my 1st round pick in HOTD.

Huge ranger fan, and I would rather have Garza than lee, not because Garza is better, he isnt even close. But Texas isnt a 150 mil payroll team, and never will be, so Lee takes up too many dollars when we have a very young team that Id love to see us resign. Lee wasnt the greatest fit here in Texas, as he complained of the heat often. he also was bombed here more than anywhere else with a 7 era in games here before this season. Love LOVE watching him live here, and I hope interleague play brings the Phils here. But Im not bitter at all with Lee for going to a place he is comfortable, a place he can win, a place he isnt a villian for taking 7 yrs and the highest bidder. The American League just got interesting.

AL Central is going to be a grind, 3 solid teams who any could win the division

AL East, Boston has got to be the favorite now, with the offense they added. yanks are getting old, and so glad lee didnt land here, and Tampa is taking a huge back seat after losing Crawford, Pena, most likley their closer and probably Garza

AL West just got real competitive. Seattle is probably already eliminated and will teams overwhwelm them with offers for King Felix now? I would, he is signed long term, and a realitive bargain compared to what Lee just got. Texas obviously takes a step back, Oakland has some great arms and they could close the gap a bit. Anaheim gets its 1st baseman back, so they should be better, and they landed a nice ace themselves last yr from Zona.

AND this deal kills NY twice, and the mets just became a victim of a landslide division they will be on the outside of, unless the loss of Jason Werth and the aging Phils lineup keeps things closer than it should be with those 2 aces ( Halladay, Lee), and 2 other front of the rotatation studs ( Hamels, Oswalt).

I want to Thank Cliff lee for his time in Texas, he taught a few of these guys, Cj Wilson the most, how to pitch, go about your business, and pound the zone. yes coaches tell pitchers to pound the zone all the time, but Lee showed them how to do it and be successful. Out staff got better with lee, even when he wasnt on the field. I hope those guys can carry what they learned from him and continue to grow.

or they could move Rollins...there's a lot of talk about them being pissed at him or whatever....:wacko: who knows...but this 4 man rotation is on another planet...

I gotta say it...

C'MON MAN...

nope....have you watched the same games I have the last 2 years?.....seriously?

C'MON MAN

These last 2yrs?

Reg Season W/L: 190-134 .586%

2 Division Titles

1 National League Championship

2 Natlional League Championship appearances

1 World Series Appearance

Playoff W/L: 14-10 .583%

Those last 2 yrs?

These last 2yrs?

Reg Season W/L: 190-134 .586%

2 Division Titles

1 National League Championship

2 Natlional League Championship appearances

1 World Series Appearance

Playoff W/L: 14-10 .583%

Those last 2 yrs?

...wow....

Victorino and Howard....when you watch them play, they are always in a position to drive in runs and consistently come up short....

I can't recall being more frustrated watching a game than when Howard is at the plate and Victorino used to find a way to get on base - whether it be drawing a walk or digging out a single....then steal a base terrorizing the pitcher in the process....

a lot of key players don't have the same fire they had before the WS victory which makes me want to retool the team by trading big name players who still have tremendous trade value....

nope....have you watched the same games I have the last 2 years?.....seriously?

C'MON MAN

We have 4 #1 pitchers on our team.

Ryan Howard is one of the best power hitters in the league...Your judging last seasons drop off considering all the injuries we had to our lineup...C'MON MAN.

Shane Victorino has hit over .280 4 of the last 5 seasons...He's our best base stealer....Arguably the best defensive center fielder in the game. He was moved all over the lineup last year due to the injuries...Give the guy a break.....

J-Roll I'll give you this one...He has been frustrating. He cant stay healthy..Seems like he lost a step but still a heck of a short stop defensivley..My patience is running short with him but as a fan im rooting for him to turn it around...I guess we'll see.

As far as the bullpen it could be better. No doubt. But We got 2 of the biggest workhorses in Halladay and Lee which could take alot of pressure off of the bullpen and keep them fresh throughout the season.

Right now im just trying to celebrate the signing off Lee...Were not the 2008 Phillies anymore...We dont have to rely on homeruns and an offensive explosion to win games. We got 4 aces...So just sit back, relax and enjoy some good pitching.

Cheers :wacko:

We have 4 #1 pitchers on our team.

Ryan Howard is one of the best power hitters in the league...Your judging last seasons drop off considering all the injuries we had to our lineup...C'MON MAN.

no, it's because Victorino hasn't been clutch for 2 years and his numbers are becoming nothing more than that. In '08 his numbers probably weren't the same but he had that fire...the very same fire that hasn't been there for 2 years now

Shane Victorino has hit over .280 4 of the last 5 seasons...He's our best base stealer....Arguably the best defensive center fielder in the game. He was moved all over the lineup last year due to the injuries...Give the guy a break.....

He is our base stealer, but he's not getting base when it counts.....

J-Roll I'll give you this one...He has been frustrating. He cant stay healthy..Seems like he lost a step but still a heck of a short stop defensively..My patience is running short with him but as a fan im rooting for him to turn it around...I guess we'll see.

As far as the bullpen it could be better. No doubt. But We got 2 of the biggest workhorses in Halladay and Lee which could take alot of pressure off of the bullpen and keep them fresh throughout the season.

I agree about the bullpen, but I'd like to add one quality middle relief pitcher and maybe someone to add depth..

Right now im just trying to celebrate the signing off Lee...Were not the 2008 Phillies anymore...We dont have to rely on homeruns and an offensive explosion to win games. We got 4 aces...So just sit back, relax and enjoy some good pitching.

Cheers :wacko:

I agree again, but I think we just fixed something that wasn't broke....I think the lineup needs retooling right now and obviously I'd like to let Ibanez go or make him a bench player so he is fresh when he plays, but I am pretty sure the buy-out would cost too much...

Ideally, I want Fransisco and Brown for left and right field, but at center I wouldn't mind seeing someone who is a bit more offensive minded....unless Victorino can get himself a bit more motivated with Howard not swinging at sucker pitches almost every time...:tup:

anyways....we had/have phenomenal pitching, but you still have to score to win...

...wow....

Victorino and Howard....when you watch them play, they are always in a position to drive in runs and consistently come up short....

I can't recall being more frustrated watching a game than when Howard is at the plate and Victorino used to find a way to get on base - whether it be drawing a walk or digging out a single....then steal a base terrorizing the pitcher in the process....

a lot of key players don't have the same fire they had before the WS victory which makes me want to retool the team by trading big name players who still have tremendous trade value....

I don't know how you say Howard comes up short...1. Look at how many games they have won...he and the rest of the team have to be doing something but just look at his "coming up short"

Howard

2009:141 RBIs (1 RBI every 4.37 at bats)

2010: 108 RBIs (1RBI every 5.09 at bats)

For comparisons sake

Pujols

09 1 RBI every 4.21 at bats

10 1 RBI every 4.97 at bats

As far as Victorino goes he did seem to slump some but no way I want to deal him...and being moved around the lineup as much as he was does have an affect on you...yes his BA fell off but he had career highs in HRs and RBIs and was just 3 steals short of his career high too...he still produced and he did it all over the lineup to boot....and in 2009 he hit .292 (career high of .294) and he at the time knocked in a career high 62 RBIs...also over the last 2 yrs he has drawn 113 walks...his total for the previous THREE years, 106.

I just guess your Negadelphia look sees the two of them as coming up short...when you say it I just have to scratch my head

I don't know how you say Howard comes up short...1. Look at how many games they have won...he and the rest of the team have to be doing something but just look at his "coming up short"

Howard

2009:141 RBIs (1 RBI every 4.37 at bats)

2010: 108 RBIs (1RBI every 5.09 at bats)

For comparisons sake

Pujols

09 1 RBI every 4.21 at bats

10 1 RBI every 4.97 at bats

As far as Victorino goes he did seem to slump some but no way I want to deal him...and being moved around the lineup as much as he was does have an affect on you...yes his BA fell off but he had career highs in HRs and RBIs and was just 3 steals short of his career high too...he still produced and he did it all over the lineup to boot....and in 2009 he hit .292 (career high of .294) and he at the time knocked in a career high 62 RBIs...also over the last 2 yrs he has drawn 113 walks...his total for the previous THREE years, 106.

I just guess your Negadelphia look sees the two of them as coming up short...when you say it I just have to scratch my head

yeah, it's my Negadelphia outlook :wacko:

again, you're bringing up stats which only tell half the story...there's been a significant change in players like Howard, Utley, Rollins and Victorino the past 2 years