[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

U.S.A.

Brentastic

Historically, property rights are some of the weakest rights people have and are not nearly as inviolate as people think. This is due, in large part, to the impact our property use can have on others.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually use Mexicans I find on the side of the road and stack them up as high as I want.

they might cover the height portion quickly when stacking but you'll find it tough to cover some distance with them only being about 4ft tall...

That's the pussification of America talking for you. Buy more land if you're so damned worried about your neighbors taste in lawncare.

What's next? Laws that define what time of day I can take a poop with my bathroom window open so my poor neighbors aren't inconvenienced?

Seriously, anyone defending this law needs to grow a pair.

No, lazy people should look into the ordinances and laws in the community they are going to buy a house in and live by those ordinances, or buy somewhere else. Way to try and blame the laws that were already in place instead of expecting someone to take some responsibility for their own actions. :wacko:

No, lazy people should look into the ordinances and laws in the community they are going to buy a house in and live by those ordinances, or buy somewhere else. Way to try and blame the laws that were already in place instead of expecting someone to take some responsibility for their own actions. :wacko:

+1 Well said.

Historically, property rights are some of the weakest rights people have and are not nearly as inviolate as people think. This is due, in large part, to the impact our property use can have on others.

Sure, go ahead and throw logic on his fire.

these laws were added within the last year or 2 in most areas in this country and in most cases they don't want you to have a garden period....whether it be in the front or back yard to prevent people from selling these vegetables to others...

this all started with Michelle Obama and her vegetable garden that was 99% toxic because she used human waste as fertilizer which doesn't shock me about being 99% toxic since most people are on this or that pill every day....along with the other things that are being consumed on a daily basis....so until not too long ago, this was allowed...all she had to do was not use human waste as fertilizer...

these laws were added within the last year or 2 in most areas in this country and in most cases they don't want you to have a garden period....whether it be in the front or back yard to prevent people from selling these vegetables to others...

Are you saying the crisis garden I bought off of Glenn Beck's website isnt allowed?????

I feel so deceived and cheated . . .

Are you saying the crisis garden I bought off of Glenn Beck's website isnt allowed?????

I feel so deceived and cheated . . .

nope, especially the bunker that comes free when you buy the tomato seeds...

we all know your crisis garden is a cover for the bunker you have below....

"oh, that's a lovely garden you have there!"

-"mhm...it holds lots of guns and dehydrated foods, plus I have three cots down there"

nope, especially the bunker that comes free when you buy the tomato seeds...

we all know your crisis garden is a cover for the bunker you have below....

"oh, that's a lovely garden you have there!"

-"mhm...it holds lots of guns and dehydrated foods, plus I have three cots down there"

Dont forget all the gold I have hidden in the bunker I bought after Glenn Beck endorsed Goldline.

umm . . . maybe I shouldnt have said that . . . :wacko:

Dont forget all the gold I have hidden in the bunker I bought after Glenn Beck endorsed Goldline.

umm . . . maybe I shouldnt have said that . . . :wacko:

:tup: I didn't picture you as a gold whoreder-er....maybe you can use your gold bars to prop up your cot? :thinkin:

and :lol: Goldline ..... I give free showers and call them "goldline"......he stole my fancy catchphrase and wants to profit off it...

this all started with Michelle Obama and her vegetable garden that was 99% toxic because she used human waste as fertilizer which doesn't shock me about being 99% toxic since most people are on this or that pill every day....along with the other things that are being consumed on a daily basis....so until not too long ago, this was allowed...all she had to do was not use human waste as fertilizer...

I tried on the Oak Park website to find the ordinance and when it was created, but to no avail.

That being said, it doesn't change the basis of my stance. If it was only put in place after she purchased the house, she should have either known that, or looked into it and found out that, what she intended to do was illegal. Then, she could either: move, don't do it, legally try and get the law changed.

Right? Again, this is on her, the law is in place. It wasn't made after she put the garden up, the garden was installed while the law was already in place. But the poor, poor little lady only wants to put a garden in her front yard, so screw the laws and ordinances. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I tried on the Oak Park website to find the ordinance and when it was created, but to no avail.

That being said, it doesn't change the basis of my stance. If it was only put in place after she purchased the house, she should have either known that, or looked into it and found out that, what she intended to do was illegal. Then, she could either: move, don't do it, legally try and get the law changed.

Right? Again, this is on her, the law is in place. It wasn't made after she put the garden up, the garden was installed while the law was already in place. But the poor, poor little lady only wants to put a garden in her front yard, so screw the laws and ordinances. :wacko:

I think what she did was stupid, just as stupid as the law because those gardens do belong in the back yard.....and the law itself is stupid - I also find it funny that while this act was a hot topic of being passed, Michelle Obama happened to have this organic garden fiasco right in the middle of this and I even posted it here.....it seemed a little too convenient, but that's just me...

the woman should have also known the law, I won't disagree with that - it's just a stupid one and was placed unethically so people couldn't grow their own food in most places throughout the country...it has to be a farm and such...

That is 100% correct.

I am sure this law existed long before the lady planted her farm in her front yard.

You have the right in America to live wherever you want...not to do whatever you want where you live.

No, I'm saying the law is to blame - the point isn't about people looking into ordinances it's about basic liberties being taken from us one at a time.

The disconnect here is that robots like you see a law and automatically abide by it because (I'm guessing) you must think government knows what's best for us dummy civilians. People like me would like to see only reasonable laws in place and question the laws that don't make sense. This is an issue about liberty not obedience.

That's the pussification of America talking for you. Buy more land if you're so damned worried about your neighbors taste in lawncare.

What's next? Laws that define what time of day I can take a poop with my bathroom window open so my poor neighbors aren't inconvenienced?

Seriously, anyone defending this law needs to grow a pair.

If you think city ordinances are bad, you should find out what housing associations can do.

This, pretty much. It's like moving in next to an airport then whining about the jet noise.

That is 100% correct.

I am sure this law existed long before the lady planted her farm in her front yard.

You have the right in America to live wherever you want...not to do whatever you want where you live.

unless she's lived there less than 2 years this is highly unlikely...

No, I'm saying the law is to blame - the point isn't about people looking into ordinances it's about basic liberties being taken from us one at a time.

The disconnect here is that robots like you see a law and automatically abide by it because (I'm guessing) you must think government knows what's best for us dummy civilians. People like me would like to see only reasonable laws in place and question the laws that don't make sense. This is an issue about liberty not obedience.

:wacko:

I see it a little different. Let me take a run at it:

You want to have zero accountability or personal responsibilty for anything. Everything is someone else's fault. Instead of doing the right thing by trying to change laws you don't like, you're just going to dismiss them and then cry about being a victim when you're help accountable. That falls under the category of laziness, not liberty or obedience. Pretty much sum it up?

People like me would like to see only reasonable laws in place and question the laws that don't make sense. This is an issue about liberty not obedience.

Gotcha....so who gets to decide what is "reasonable"? Hopefully, not the nutjob woman planting vegetables in her front yard. And hopefully not my next door neighbor.

:wacko:

I see it a little different. Let me take a run at it:

You want to have zero accountability or personal responsibilty for anything. Everything is someone else's fault. Instead of doing the right thing by trying to change laws you don't like, you're just going to dismiss them and then cry about being a victim when you're help accountable. That falls under the category of laziness, not liberty or obedience. Pretty much sum it up?

Are you serious? And here I thought you were one of the huddlers who could read. Wrong again, Brent.

Anyways, you failed at your attempt to take my 'government is too big' stance and turn it into an issue involving laziness and zero accountability (everything is someone else's fault). I never even implied such a ridiculous thing. How did you even arrive at that conclusion? I do want laws changed. What made you think otherwise? I'm not crying about anything since I'm not the victim here, I'm simply pointing out the absurdity in the law, hence my post about it.

And again, people - can we leave the funny up to huddlers who actually are funny? Stale arguments that rely on sarcasm are getting really old. At least be creative about your non-response or don't respond at all. I'd prefer something that actually discussed the issue but that's probably asking too much.