[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

amazon mp3s

CaP'N GRuNGe

Wow, I haven't been into buying music much in a long time and I've always been old school and preferred to buy the actual CDs themselves instead of downloading music from iTunes for example, but man do they have alot of cheao albums on Amazon. I may have yo go.this route and play through my Android phone. Az, I think you were onto this a while back. Anyone else into their cloud or whatever?

Wow, I haven't been into buying music much in a long time and I've always been old school and preferred to buy the actual CDs themselves instead of downloading music from iTunes for example, but man do they have alot of cheao albums on Amazon. I may have yo go.this route and play through my Android phone. Az, I think you were onto this a while back. Anyone else into their cloud or whatever?

I signed up and used the Cloud last week just to see how it worked.

I have 3500 songs on my phone and another 10,000 stored on a external drive.

The first 5GB is free - I uploaded 250 songs and it took 3 hours.

The thing that intrigued me was that if you sign up for the cheapest annual plan it is $20 per year but unlimited MP3's so I could load all 13,000 songs and play via Iphone through the CLoud app.

I tried that at work the other day and it would lose connection 3-4 times per hour - I was not using WIFI so maybe that would be much better but not as seamless as I would have hoped.

one of the benefits of amazon prime is that you get free unlimited music storage on their cloud. then you can stream from your phone, or computer, tablet, console, whatever, wherever you are. it is pretty badass. as far as buying mp3s from them, yeah they have a lot of good deals. in particular, they have a bunch of jazz albums that are only a couple tracks and they never bothered to fix the per-track pricing, so you get the album for like 2 bucks. they have monthly specials that are pretty good deals. whatever you buy from them automatically goes to your cloud, so you can buy and listen immediately (with or without downloading the tracks), you can have it autoload to itunes if that's your thing, and of course they're mp3s so there's no conversion or DRM.

I got this email from Amazon...

We've Made Improvements to Cloud Player

When you sign into the updated Cloud Player, we'll upgrade your music to high-quality 256 Kbps audio at no additional charge.

We've also made it easier to get your music from your computer to Cloud Player. We'll match your songs to Amazon's 20 million song catalog. All songs we match -even music purchased from iTunes or ripped from CDs -are instantly made available in Cloud Player.

Plus, MP3 songs and albums you purchase from Amazon -even those you purchased in the past - will be automatically saved to Cloud Player, which means you'll have a secure backup copy of the music you buy at Amazon, free of charge. Learn more. Your Account Is Changing

You can store all your Amazon MP3 purchases and up to 250 other songs in Cloud Player for free. When you upgrade to Cloud Player Premium for $24.99 per year, you can import up to 250,000 songs. Learn more.

I got this email from Amazon...

We've Made Improvements to Cloud Player

When you sign into the updated Cloud Player, we'll upgrade your music to high-quality 256 Kbps audio at no additional charge.

We've also made it easier to get your music from your computer to Cloud Player. We'll match your songs to Amazon's 20 million song catalog. All songs we match -even music purchased from iTunes or ripped from CDs -are instantly made available in Cloud Player.

Plus, MP3 songs and albums you purchase from Amazon -even those you purchased in the past - will be automatically saved to Cloud Player, which means you'll have a secure backup copy of the music you buy at Amazon, free of charge. Learn more. Your Account Is Changing

You can store all your Amazon MP3 purchases and up to 250 other songs in Cloud Player for free. When you upgrade to Cloud Player Premium for $24.99 per year, you can import up to 250,000 songs. Learn more.

I did also - did you recently sign up? I did and loaded like 253 songs - it almost seemed liek the e-mail wa stargeted for me since I just hit that 250 threshhold???

I don't know exactly how the tech works, but I'm guessing if they can read what files you have and then just create a link to their own identical files for your cloud account they can save a ton of space and $ instead of holding your uploaded files.

We have Amazon Prime and the cloud player now for about 9 months and love it. They run some crazy specials sometimes only for part of a day so I check often. I guess Google or one of the competitiors had The Wall on sale so Amazon matched it at $2.99! They really draw you in with their recommendations.