[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iPad No Flash ergo no FFL?

Joessfl

For any iPad expert...

I am looking to buy an iPad for various reasons, but one was that I am sometimes hooked to my PC all Sunday checking NFL and FFL scores. The ipad i could leave on a table or easily take with me around the house.

How do you guys check scores on NFL.COM, ESPN.COM who all use Flash? Do the websites recognize its an iPad and use HTML5 instead?

TIA

BC,

That makes sense. I just checked out the Apps Store. Hugh amounts of apps out there, so i think it covers all my FFL needs RTSports doesnt use flash so i guess Safari will handle it.

Thanks!

Don't forget to hold it the right way...

Just like a laptop, the screen faces towards me, right?

ETA: Seriously, do sites work only landscape and not portrait on an iPad?

Edited by Joessfl

I use espn live game tracker and nfl in my iPad constantly without the apps

I am not trying to be stupid, but I thought that NFL.COM play-by-play graphics work off of flash.

Would the apple store let me try one out and go to those types of site?

Thanks WashD I am anxious about putting money into one, but everyone I know who buys it says they rock and cant stop using it.

I am not trying to be stupid, but I thought that NFL.COM play-by-play graphics work off of flash.

Would the apple store let me try one out and go to those types of site?

i have hated nfl.com for scores since they went and f'd it up a few years ago with all that flash bs and stuff

i have hated nfl.com for scores since they went and f'd it up a few years ago with all that flash bs and stuff

Agreed. I have it up on my laptop while watching the games, and damn its clunky at times, other times it just doesnt update.

the cbs sports mobile website is the best place for FF stats imo, because it is realllllly fast and very easy to navigate.

Ill give that a whirl with the iPad when I get one and even on my ol' laptop when games come on just to get off of NFL.com

Ill give that a whirl with the iPad when I get one and even on my ol' laptop when games come on just to get off of NFL.com

the cbs scoreboard I linked above is great...give it a try during tonight's game on your laptop

the cbs scoreboard I linked above is great...give it a try during tonight's game on your laptop

You read my mind. NFL.COM got even worse this year with the FFL stuff and rewards and all the crap. Why dont companies understand that a long term web-style of simplicity with some ads beats lots of ads and clutter and people being turned off. Dopes.

Ok, I am officially done with NFL.COM. Plus, now my laptop will save battery, since it wont use battery-chewing FLASH.

I still don't believe that Apple saw FLASH as being outdated a couple years ago, and now its the truth. Too funny.

Ok, I am officially done with NFL.COM. Plus, now my laptop will save battery, since it wont use battery-chewing FLASH.

I still don't believe that Apple saw FLASH as being outdated a couple years ago, and now its the truth. Too funny.

Actually it might be. From what I have read and heard from good sources, Flash IS dead. Android 4.xxx (ICS) is supposedly the last droid version to have Flash as an option. Hell, on 3.xxx it was built in. After my upgrade to 4.xxx I had to load flash separately w/ a warning that 4.xxx was the last version to support it. It will be curious to see what the replacement will be. FWIW, I have a Samsung 10.1 and an iPad3. Love them both for different reasons. The apps for MFL work very well on both, but the Droid app has the real time scores. The iPad app has drafting capability. I haven't found RTS on the iPad.