Sign in to follow this  
Chief Dick

NLCS Thread

I can never root for the Cardinals, so I guess it's the Giants for me. Though I have to admit, the Cardinals have something special with this group of guys to keep pulling out those miracle wins.

I have been a Cardinal fan since 1964 when they caught the Phillies on the last day of the season! I'll say Cards in 7 against the Giants.

i think our pitching (and top of the order) gets it done again. Giants in 6.

Thought this was going to be a slugfest halfway through...but the game settled down. What is with the road teams in these series?

i think our pitching (and top of the order) gets it done again. Giants in 6.

wasn't even close in this tonight :kicksrock:

I'm not sure I can watch this series with Buck and McCarver calling it. I'd forgotten how horrible those 2 are.

Man, rough day for the city by the bay. :sad:

sure was

Man, rough day for the city by the bay. :sad:

It builds character... :brow:

But I must say I have never seen a more fired up San Francisco crowd than last night, even after going down 6-0! What a great city!

That was fun. Now it's time for Cain to get the lead back. Nice effort out of Vogelsong

I'm happy with a split if SF. Agree with det and a great effort by Vogelsong. He's come a long way since his Pirate days.

Great bunt by Zito. Would love for the Giants to come back in this series and make it interesting.

a win tonight would be hugh... gives us voggy and cain at home

Edited by Bier Meister

Great pitching performance by Zito.

That guy has been through so much criticism, but you've never heard him complain or make excuses. Pretty awesome to see last night.

• Like 1

a win tonight would be hugh... gives us voggy and cain at home

Cards have Carpenter Sunday. He is a MAN in the big games. I like the Card's chances.

Great pitching performance by Zito.

That guy has been through so much criticism, but you've never heard him complain or make excuses. Pretty awesome to see last night.

Yep.. It was truly awesome to watch Zito's performance after all his struggles he never stopped digging and trained hard to right the wrongs. Good for him :clap:

• Like 1

Two teams that have refused to go away this post season....

While I was ecstatic that the Tigers swept the evil empire, there's always that concern that a team gets rusty with too much time in between series. For that reason alone I was hoping St. Louis would win on Friday night only giving the Tigers one more day of rest. I saw a stat yesterday that sort of verifies that it is a concern. Since 1985, five teams have swept an LCS and only one team has one the WS. Two of the other four were swept and the other two only won one game. In order to 'prevent' the rust the Tigers are scrimmaging some international league guys.

Looking forward to tonight's game 7 (althought admittedly I'll pay more attention to the Lions game). Don't really care who wins at this point. Both teams have had their moments but after what San Fran did to Cincinnati with their backs against the wall, I wouldn't bet against them.