[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Kinks

frenzal rhomb

I think this is a band I may have missed the boat on - I have owned various greatest hits collections and Give the People what they Want ( or whatever the studio record had Better Things on it was) - but I have a feeling this is a band where the deeper cuts are going to be better.

Any suggestions where to start as far as Studio records go - I also want stuff thats been remastered, not bad 60s production quality.

THanks

For what I understand they are remastering 7 of the Kinks albums. Some have already been released.

Would personally start the The Kink Kontroversy. This is a 1965 album.

Then you might want to get Lola Versus Powerman And The Moneyground, Part One.

I'll never forget getting woken up well past 2am on a Thursday to some drunk a-holes 2 floors below me while a freshman in college bellowing

LOLAAAA L-O-L-A LOOOOOLAAAAA.... pause... LOLAAAA L-O-L-A LOOOOOLAAAAA...

That's apparently the only part of the song they knew.

I marched down 2 flights of stairs to tell them to close the f'in window..... and never scheduled an early morning class again..... and I hate that song.

I'll never forget getting woken up well past 2am on a Thursday to some drunk a-holes 2 floors below me while a freshman in college bellowing

LOLAAAA L-O-L-A LOOOOOLAAAAA.... pause... LOLAAAA L-O-L-A LOOOOOLAAAAA...

That's apparently the only part of the song they knew.

I marched down 2 flights of stairs to tell them to close the f'in window..... and never scheduled an early morning class again..... and I hate that song.

An absolute classic that song. Might even be in the top 50 of all time! A great song. Ray Davies was a genius.

Skylive may very well drive up here and bitchslap me for this, but everytime I hear the song Lola I have to sing along to it. However I sing the Weird Al song Yoda instead. :oops:

:rofl: Works for me. Singing along with different words is just fine. I do that to a lot of songs.