[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Montee Ball is not a bust and this is why.......

IrishPride

The second solid outing for Hillman in a row...announcers last night remarking that he "makes the Broncos offense better".

Any chance he maintains the role after Ball returns with the success the Broncos and him are having?

I'd say there is a good chance. The front office has always liked Hillman. Unfortunately, the most likely outcome is a timeshare.

Anyone convinced he belongs to be the starter yet or should he concede his carries to the plodding Montee Ball or the undrafted rookie free agent who had a grand total of 64 rushing attempts as a senior? Thompson's always been a good athlete but never excelled at any position on the football field (played safety in college as well as RB). He didn't even get in every game his senior year.

I'll keep saying it: Hillman is the best fit for this offense.

The second Hillman TD came after Thompson and CJ Anderson did all the work. I'll fully admit if I was completely wrong about Hillman, but I still think he coughs it up soon. CJ got two carries (woo hoo) for 9 yards. Thompson got 6 for 30. Hillman gets 17 for 74. Add in the receptions and Hillman is a worthy start right now. Ball will be back eventually and Hillman will go back to being the change of pace RB. Thompson is looking like the potential Ball replacement... jury still out, so rid the hot hand now, which is Hillman.

To be fair, by the time Thompson and Anderson did all that work (combined 5 carries for 29 yards on that drive, not bad but not anything to get excited about) Hillman did one of the things everyone doubts he can do. He ran over a linebacker on a short yardage situation and plowed into the end zone. He and the LB met head-up in the hole and Hillman drove him straight backwards about 5 yards into the end zone.

What makes you think Thompson is on the cusp of being the guy or even an important factor for that offense? To me Thompson is not capable of anything but special teams play and being a reserve RB. If he can contribute on special teams he can stick on a roster. If he can't be a core special team player he will be out of the league after next season.

I'm really not sure what Denver is going to do once Ball comes back. As soon as you think you know what's going to happen in Denver, they start someone else. Hillman seems to fit this offense the best. They have speed all over the place and Hillman is the only RB with any real speed. I don't blame Ball for the terrible running game completely (as evidenced that Denver replaced their right tackle last night) but even on a simple flair pattern, Hillman takes it for 9 yards while Ball might get 4. Hillman may just remain the guy.

I've done nothing more than look at ESPN fantasy app, has there been any update on Ball's recovery? Last update was simply "he could be out a month"

What history are you talking about specifically ? Hillman has never gotten the opportunity to carry the load here it is and look what's happening. He is a perfect fit for this offense. This offense has no use for a plotting between the tackles runner

History is most telling. When Ball comes back, Hillman goes back to being Hillman. He's a sell high right now for sure. You Hillman owners are clinging to fool's gold IMO... we'll see.

I'm not a Hillman owner either; he is just looking leaps and bounds better than any other Denver RB so far. His fantasy value will probably be somewhat limited to Thompson/Ball/Anderson vulturing TDs, but I would expect Hillman to get the main work.

Edited by bud29