Sign in to follow this  
irish

And things get even tougher...

Most probably don't know but some of you might... after I chose to divorce my first wife, my family, led by my mother's choosing decided to disown me. Well, just found out that my mother has uterine cancer. Life just got even harder...

Most probably don't know but some of you might... after I chose to divorce my first wife, my family, led by my mother's choosing decided to disown me. Well, just found out that my mother has uterine cancer. Life just got even harder...

My prayers to you and yours.

Sorry to hear this.

Hoping for the best.

Hey sorry man - similar story to yours and my own mother hasn't spoken with me in 3 years. We invited her for thanksgiving one year and she didn't come and has been out of my life since. Longer story as to how we got there but but bottom line is her choice. I have always thought long and hard about what if she would suddenly pass away and I have come to terms with the fact that I can live with myself if it happens. If you are struggling with this, my advise to you is to give her a call and try to work it out any way possible. This event may be an awakening for her as well. Good luck

• Like 2

Thx guys, I appreciate the kind words.

Hey sorry man - similar story to yours and my own mother hasn't spoken with me in 3 years. We invited her for thanksgiving one year and she didn't come and has been out of my life since. Longer story as to how we got there but but bottom line is her choice. I have always thought long and hard about what if she would suddenly pass away and I have come to terms with the fact that I can live with myself if it happens. If you are struggling with this, my advise to you is to give her a call and try to work it out any way possible. This event may be an awakening for her as well. Good luck

Hey frenzal, I have already reached out to her and she has at the very least responded but is very stuck in her ways and hesitant to get together.

**Update - she had surgery (hysterectomy) this past Thursday. We'll see what the doctors say.