[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mixon currently #4 on the depth chart

NAUgrad

4 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Teams often put their veterans atop their depth charts during the preseason.  Mixon hasn't officially won the starting job, yet.

Even if he is not listed as the starter week 1, I have no doubt he will easily surpass Hill extremely soon. 

It would be a huge disappointment if he did not pass Hill but the reality is that Hill is the starter and Mixon still has a lot to learn. Bernard is relatively healthy again. Hill could still remain the goal line guy as well. Mixon started the summer going very high in drafts but has fallen once the preseason started. It is always an RBBC there anyway. I still think he is the best overall fantasy play but he's going to share and start slowly.

Mixon = great pick for keeper/dynasty leagues.  But not so much for redraft this year.  

IIRC, both Hill and Bernard are in the final year of their respective rookie contracts.  They will both be used this year a lot.  Perhaps they even keep Bernard for the long haul as their change of pace back.  Mixon will be the undisputed #1 there next year, but this year expect Hill to carry the ball more than Mixon.  At best it could be a 40%/40%20% split qmong them.

2 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Even if he is not listed as the starter week 1, I have no doubt he will easily surpass Hill extremely soon. 

I hope so.  I drafted him in the 4th thinking this but from what I have read, he hasn't exactly separated himself from the pack.  

My RBs are looking mediocre now...

Jordan Howard

Joe Mixon

Doug Martin

Jamaal Williams

Darren McFadden

I am targeting Latavius Murray or James Connor via waiver wire.  Thought process is Murray can still have a prominent role there.  With Connor, it really comes down to having Bell's backup as he had been hurt before.   

4 hours ago, DMD said:

It is always an RBBC there anyway.

But is it an organizational philosophy or is it because of the skill sets that their running backs have possessed?  Many coaches are willing to have a three down back but there are only 5 or 10 running backs in the NFL who are capable of doing it.  So most teams don't even have the option.  Joe Mixon looks like he has the tools to be a three down back.  With never winning a playoff game and not making the playoffs last year, Marvin Lewis could be on the hot seat.  Though it's impossible to know with Mike Brown.  If Lewis fails to make the playoffs, there is a good chance he'll be fired.  He is going to play the running back who gives them the best chance to win.  Mixon might be special in both the run game and pass game.  Jeremy Hill have been bad for the last two years.  Mixon taking away his snaps should be easy.  If Mixon does well at pass protection, he could take a lot of Bernard's snaps, too.  The Bengals are going to have a meritocracy at running back this year.  Mixon getting 70% of snaps is a very attainable goal.

15 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Depends on if he can block. If he can't pass protect, he won't play. 

Pro Football Focus graded Mixon as one of the better pass blocking backs in this year's class. So yeah...no worries in that department. 

According to PFF, Mixon was charged with allowing a single hurry and nothing else in his 48 snaps as a pass-blocker in 2016. This production yielded a 98.4 Pass Block Efficiency grade.

Mixon 98.4

D.Cook 92.8

McCaffrey 94.5

Fournette 96.8

Edited by tazinib1