darin3

Deeper Sleepers

5 hours ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Why is that insane?...did you even watch Carson run last year?

What do you want to bet?

I was one of the first people that was vocal about him last year after watching him in preseason.  That being said, he doesn't have anywhere near the skillset and ceiling that Penny does.  Plus, Carson can't stay healthy.  He was injured all through college.  I'd bet taking the season off from the forums :D

• Haha 1

Plus, the way he runs that makes him so exciting is that he's a total bruiser, and that runstyle usually leads to injuries.  That run style + his injury history = he can't be relied on.  Penny can make one cut and take it 60 yards to the house.  Carson doesn't have that breakaway speed.

Posted (edited)

If Carson wins the starting job, it wouldn't be the first time a hard-working but lesser talent running back won the job.  It happens a lot especially when the more talented running back is a rookie.  And Pete Carroll is the type of coach who would do it.

Edited by michaelredd9

9 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

If Carson wins the starting job, it wouldn't be the first time a hard-working but lesser talent running back won the job.  It happens a lot especially when the more talented running back is a rookie.  And Pete Carroll is the type of coach who would do it.

Yeah... ain't gonna happen.

20 hours ago, kdko said:

I was one of the first people that was vocal about him last year after watching him in preseason.  That being said, he doesn't have anywhere near the skillset and ceiling that Penny does.  Plus, Carson can't stay healthy.  He was injured all through college.  I'd bet taking the season off from the forums :D

Already paid for my subscription so can't really go there...how about a 6-pack of beer from a local brewery or a bottle from a distillery or winery?  Bet would have to be that either Penny or Carson take the 1st snap on offense in the 1st game of the regular season...if either one gets hurt before that game or neither of them are in there then no bet.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Already paid for my subscription so can't really go there...how about a 6-pack of beer from a local brewery or a bottle from a distillery or winery?  Bet would have to be that either Penny or Carson take the 1st snap on offense in the 1st game of the regular season...if either one gets hurt before that game or neither of them are in there then no bet.

I'm down for that :brew:

Posted (edited)

Sucker... ;) 

K...Penny is in you win, and Carson is in I win, or if you want to do most touches the 1st game I'd be in for that as well.  Cheers!

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

I'm kinda pist I didn't get J'Mon Moore in more leagues. I waited too long almost every time. 

On 6/30/2018 at 5:55 PM, tazinib1 said:

I'm kinda pist I didn't get J'Mon Moore in more leagues. I waited too long almost every time. 

There some hot news on him or something?  Never heard of him.  I love the name though

31 minutes ago, kdko said:

There some hot news on him or something?  Never heard of him.  I love the name though

Packers 4th round pick. He's being touted as the slot WR replacement for Jordy Nelson. We'll see. 

I read up on him a little bit ago. Seems he's more a dynasty stash than a redraft option this season

1 hour ago, loaf said:

I read up on him a little bit ago. Seems he's more a dynasty stash than a redraft option this season

Well it is a deep sleeper thread :wink: