[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which play from last night

Tripleshot

Hard to pick, the catch by Hopkins was an amazing play and concentration by that player. The ricochet was just amazing, I saw it come out,, bounce off the defender and travel down field, thought for sure it would roll around and be a scrum for it, then it goes right to the other player. 

My brother texted me "I haven't seen something like that since Franco Harris"

16 minutes ago, Tripleshot said:

Which play from last night was more unbelievable - Hopkins one-handed catch that he pinned to his hammy under his leg (wiped out by a ticky-tack penalty) or Parker's ricochet catch off his own player and a defender?

I would say the Hopkins catch was more unbelievable, especially since they called PI on him.  He barely pushed off, if at all.  Typical hand-fighting that goes on during oodles of plays every week.

I own him in my "big" dynasty league.  He had like 3 points prior to that play, and then 20+ after it.  He's a beast.  Love having him on my squad.

1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

gonna have to go with mitch morelands pinch hit 3 run HR....he had looked awful at the plate the night before

It was nice to see him and Pearce come thru last night

The top 6 of the lineup seems to be struggling to get going in this series 

Edited by jamesplante11

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

how disingenuous.

Do you think Hopkins would've put up more yards in his best and worst season?

No, how many WRs put up over 1500 with a great QB? He would’ve put up the same. His 900 yard season he might of had a few more yards. 

His 954 yard season is the only statistical outlier. So how much “better” would people think he is if that 1 season was 1200 yards? The dudes a stud and everyone knows it. 954 yards from Brockasaurus is impressive enough. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

It was nice to see him and Pearce come thru last night

The top 6 of the lineup seems to be struggling to get going in this series 

they were particularly brutal friday night and last night until pearce and xander came thru later..the 1-4 guys.....mookie has been pretty awful and jd looked like absolute crap last night.....i love jd but friggin jansen was throwing low 90s crap right in jds wheelhouse and he was just missing them....im not sure if his ankle is really bothering him or hes just off...

i was completely down on cora for the way he mismanaged that game friday......the way he left that lineup bare....they faced 14 innings of right handers and got benintendi one AB...lifted JD for a runner.....left eovaldi in the 3 hole behind betts and xander........the team really bailed him out last night...if they didnt he would be taking a pounding right now

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

14 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

In that season alone, two WRs put up 1800+ yards.

You think the rotation of QBs that aren't good enough to even be called "journeyman" maxed out Hopkins' potential?

Imagine what Tom Brady’s legacy would look like if it weren’t for 2 unreal catches in Super Bowls? 

He would be 8-0 in the big game and have a perfect season. 

Imagine how good Cleveland could have been if Modell didn’t move them, Belicheck might have never left

Imagine what Hopkins career stars would look like if he tore an ACL in that 1500 yard season. Everyone might be questioning if he’s truly elite

Rob moore led the NFL in recieving in 97 with 1587 yards. With Jake Pulmer under center. He threw for 2200 yards, Kent Graham there for 1400

Having a QB throw for a low yardage total or multiple QBs doesn’t mean anything. I’m sure plenty of elite WRs overcome adversity at QB and get it done. 

As a disclaimer im not questioning how good Hopkins is. I am also not calling Moore Elite, I just looked up NFL leaders per season in recieving and he as the first I came up to that wasn’t Rice, Bruce, Holt or Irvin

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

they were particularly brutal friday night and last night until pearce and xander came thru later..the 1-4 guys.....mookie has been pretty awful and jd looked like absolute crap last night.....i love jd but friggin jansen was throwing low 90s crap right in jds wheelhouse and he was just missing them....im not sure if his ankle is really bothering him or hes just off...

i was completely down on cora for the way he mismanaged that game friday......the way he left that lineup bare....they faced 14 innings of right handers and got benintendi one AB...lifted JD for a runner.....left eovaldi in the 3 hole behind betts and xander........the team really bailed him out last night...if they didnt he would be taking a pounding right now

Unfortunately, I don’t know if things will ever be better than Francona and Epstein were. I’m still a huge fan of what Dombrowski is doing, except Price. 

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2018 at 8:32 PM, jamesplante11 said:

Unfortunately, I don’t know if things will ever be better than Francona and Epstein were. I’m still a huge fan of what Dombrowski is doing, except Price. 

cora got bailed out imo...the guy has been aces and everything comes out clean for him...but i still think he mismanaged the hell out of that game.......and ya the francona theo era was pretty amazing......and i agree...dombrowski did very well....its tough though because people will always complain in this town.....dombrowski got the job done and he got the championship.....yeah the farm system is bare but the core of this team is pretty young and should give them time to stockpile it for when they will need it again