DMD

DeSean Jackson traded to Philly

Back to to his old team

wow! cheap!

WR DeSean Jackson from the Buccaneers for a 2019 sixth-round pick and a 2020 seventh-round pick.

Agreed.  That's barely registered as a "throw-in"

1 minute ago, DMD said:

Agreed.  That's barely registered as a "throw-in"

AB's (3rd and 5th!) deal probably screwed over NYG trying to trade Odell and this can't possibly help.

Just now, michaelredd9 said:

Chris Godwin is dancing in the streets.

Yup, I like Godwin a lot. He's gonna be a steal this season.

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yup, I like Godwin a lot. He's gonna be a steal this season.

Agree on Godwin. What is Phillys receiver Corps like? I don't know what the deal is with Jeffery, tate, etc

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Agree on Godwin. What is Phillys receiver Corps like? I don't know what the deal is with Jeffery, tate, etc

Not great. Tate, Wallace and Aghalor will likely be gone. The tight ends (Ertz & Goddard) will again be the focal points. DJAX will definitely be an upgrade but they need at least one more reliable receiver, a possession type like Adam Humphries.

Edited by League_Champion

DJax gone and Adam Humphries to the Titans.

Chris Godwin's table is ready.

I'm moving OJ Howard up a notch, too.  Humphries' departure especially helps him.  Without a slot receiver, the Bucs will use a ton of 2 tight end sets.  Because of their glut of wide receivers and Cameron Brate, OJ Howard was usually playing about 65% of snaps last year.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm moving OJ Howard up a notch, too.  Humphries' departure especially helps him.  Without a slot receiver, the Bucs will use a ton of 2 tight end sets.  Because of their glut of wide receivers and Cameron Brate, OJ Howard was usually playing about 65% of snaps last year.

Good point. He should see a huge increase in production

i wouldn't be too excited about OJ. He was "supposed" to be talented enough to take targets *away* from teammates. If he's not doing that, then temper expectations as removing competition isn't the solution. He was "supposed" to beat out Brate and esstentially be the #2 behind Evans. The problem isn't how great everyone else is.

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i wouldn't be too excited about OJ. He was "supposed" to be talented enough to take targets *away* from teammates. If he's not doing that, then temper expectations as removing competition isn't the solution. He was "supposed" to beat out Brate and esstentially be the #2 behind Evans. The problem isn't how great everyone else is.

I'll guarantee you he gets more volume. Especially now that Humphries is gone. That's a lot of targets gone. 

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'll guarantee you he gets more volume. Especially now that Humphries is gone. That's a lot of targets gone. 

but my point is, if OJ *needed* someone to leave to get those extra targets, then OJ is either not as good as his 1st round drafting suggested or TB is misusing him.

does anyone have any clue if Byron Leftwich is favorable towards TEs?

15 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

but my point is, if OJ *needed* someone to leave to get those extra targets, then OJ is either not as good as his 1st round drafting suggested or TB is misusing him.

I hear ya, but I don't think OJ was the problem. He never seemed to get the looks he should of. I think that's gonna change this year. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

I think that's gonna change this year. 

why?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

why?

Humphries is a huge loss. He was Winston's safety blanket. I could be wrong, it's just what I believe. I've won a lot of leagues on my beliefs.

Edited by League_Champion

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Humphries is a huge loss. He was Winston's safety blanket. I could be wrong, it's just what I believe. I've won a lot of leagues on my beliefs.

why wasn't OJ the safety blanket?

18 hours ago, LordOpie said:

The Bucs had 4 quality wide receivers and 2 quality tight ends last year.  Howard wasn't competing for snaps and targets with stiffs.  Most teams don't have 3 quality receiving options much less 6.  Howard might have also been the victim of poor coaching strategy.  He is a beast.  And you're probably right that he should have been featured more regardless of competition.  He still was the 6th highest scoring fantasy tight end when he went on IR after week 11.  And he had the second highest PFF grade for a tight end on the season mainly due to his 90.1 receiving grade (after an abysmal 61.4 overall grade his rookie year).

Leftwich doesn't have much of a track record but Arians definitely didn't feature a tight end during his time in Arizona.  But it was maybe just because he didn't have a quality tight end to feature.  The Cardinals did use a 2nd round pick on receiving tight end Troy Niklas in 2014 which would indicate that Arians did want to feature a tight end in the passing game in Arizona.  Any good coach is flexible in philosophy according to the players on the roster.  Howard's best case scenario is that Arians will utilize him but want to cut/trade Brate (there has been a lot of chatter that Brate will be gone before his 2019 salary fully guarantees on March 17th).

Over his entire career, Winston has been extremely effective throwing to tight ends (probably has something to do with his sidearm delivery).  His stats are equal to any quarterback in the league when targeting tight ends.  I think Howard is in line for a monster year.

Winston-Passer-Rating1.png

D0cnSeLU4AEdkbt (1).jpg

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, LordOpie said:

why wasn't OJ the safety blanket?

For a guy who's been wrong at every turn lately you sure do ask a lot of questions. Ask the coach!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

For a guy who's been wrong at every turn lately you sure do ask a lot of questions. 

I like how you're NOW keeping track :D

Edited by LordOpie

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Ask the coach!

I'm asking you why YOU think things will change. If it's nothing more than a guess, then ok

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

I like how you're NOW keeping track :D

You are the first one to call out people when they are wrong, especially me.