[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help with the first 5 picks

Highnuck

10 team full point ppr. QBs get 6 for every TD

I’m drafting from the 1 spot. I know the majority says to take Barkley but I’m torn between him and Kamara. 

Im also considering taking 3 RBs with my first 3 picks. Would this be a good or bad idea? What positions should I take with my first 5 picks and should I consider taking Mahommes with my 3rd pick (#21) if he is there. I usually hold off till round 9/10 to take a QB. Usually Wentz or Goff. 

Please help. This is giving me a tremendous amount of anxiety. I hate drafting from the 1. 

For sure get Barkley. And after that it's really depends on who is available. If It's a RB that gets lots of catches I would grab them. I like Josh Jacobs. He's supposed to get a high work load and a good pass catcher. Is never bad to have good RBs over WRs in my opinion. That can hold a lot of value for trades

This is all great information guys. I really appreciate it. If Nick Chubb is there I’m going to grab him but I have a feeling he’s going to be gone. So, here’s what I’m thinking. I’m pretty sure I’m going to reach and grab Kerryon Johnson at 2.10 or 3.1

Do you guys think Kerryon is a solid RB2??? There’s a chance Dalvin Cook is still there at that point as well but I have a really good feeling about Johnson this year. I love Josh Jacobs too. I’m hoping he makes it back to me at 4.10 / 5.1

LOVE Chris Carson too. Can’t believe he’s going as late as he is. Christian Kirk is going to be lights out as well. Sign me up

16 hours ago, Highnuck said:

This is all great information guys. I really appreciate it. If Nick Chubb is there I’m going to grab him but I have a feeling he’s going to be gone. So, here’s what I’m thinking. I’m pretty sure I’m going to reach and grab Kerryon Johnson at 2.10 or 3.1

Do you guys think Kerryon is a solid RB2??? There’s a chance Dalvin Cook is still there at that point as well but I have a really good feeling about Johnson this year. I love Josh Jacobs too. I’m hoping he makes it back to me at 4.10 / 5.1

LOVE Chris Carson too. Can’t believe he’s going as late as he is. Christian Kirk is going to be lights out as well. Sign me up

Chubb is not lasting until the last pick of the 2nd round.  I would not mind Kerryon at 2:10 and I think he'll have a solid year with Riddick being gone.  I also like Dalvin Cook.

I am not as high on Carson as others.

I wouldn’t go 3 RBs. After round 1 your WR options will be better than RB options. By round 2 first tier RBs will be gone since everybody tries to snag them first pick. Round 3 you are licking bottom barrel. First 3 rounds go best available. I’d go RB WR WR or RB Kelce WR. Love Kelce this year. 

Really? Mahommes? I saw this thing on espn’s manurety fantasy show that the difference between the #1 and #20 QB last year was like 3.5 points per game. For something that minor donyou guys really think it’s worth taking Mahommes there in the 3rd? I hope someone takes him before that. I really don’t want to have to take him or even ponder it. I’m also starting to lean towards Kamara. I just have this weird feeling that kamara is going to finish the year as the #1 fantasy RB. 

I think people need to keep in mind that this is only a 10 team league. He can potentially walk away with Barkley, Mike Evans, and Travis Kelce in the first 3 rounds. 

Edited by Shaft

7 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I think people need to keep in mind that this is only a 10 team league. He can potentially walk away with Barkley, Mike Evans, and Travis Kelce in the first 3 rounds. 

Man I wish Kelce would fall that far. He’s being picked late first early second in mocks.

He doesn’t usually fall to me in my mocks. If he does fall to me I absolutely will take him. Mahommes though........meh ..... not so sure about that one. I can see why someone would. I’m just not usually that guy. 

Edited by Highnuck
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy said:

Man I wish Kelce would fall that far. He’s being picked late first early second in mocks.

True, but he can probably get 2 WR1s or 2 RB1s. I have a 16 team league and by the time 2 round comes around we're already deep in the draft!

This league is really competitive. Not a lot of dead weight at all. At best 1 or 2 people will draft a sub par squad. Lots of guys employ the traditional “lay off a QB till later” and/or “draft a ton of RB and WR in the first 6-8 rounds” draft Logic. So, taking a QB at 3 outs you in a spot where you can’t really miss on one of your first several picks and I usually miss on 1 or 2 by the time the season has ended. I’ve won the championship in this league twice and have been in the playoffs more times than not but I’m coming off a 2 year drought of not making the playoffs and enough is enough. So, my philosophy is to take as many rb/wr’s as I can early. 

I also think it helps if I let you guys know the following. We draft 18 - start 10 and have two flex options. 

QB

RB

RB

RB/WR

WR

WR

WR/TE

TE

K

D

QB bonus @ 300 TD worth 6, 1pt every 35

RB bonus @ 100 - 1 pt every 10

WR bonus @ 125 - 1 pt every 15

TE bonus @ 80 - 1 pt every 15

full point PPR 

By the way. I’ve been a huddle member for many years and have never really thought of using the message board. This is great. I’ll be here all year every year. I’m one of those guys that looks at the huddle every single day multiple times throughout the day all season long. Not sure why I didn’t think about coming in here before. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Highnuck said:

By the way. I’ve been a huddle member for many years and have never really thought of using the message board. This is great. I’ll be here all year every year. I’m one of those guys that looks at the huddle every single day multiple times throughout the day all season long. Not sure why I didn’t think about coming in here before. 

Welcome home scooter